My Von Erl

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Figured out how to re-coil the little buggers. Used 32g kanthal, 0.21mm and took 1 wrap out from stock to get a bit more heat from the coil. Works well, gets better with each tweak.

Want to try Ni80 next, should give it a faster ramp up, cleaner taste and longer life.

Can you go into some detail here? I haven't seen the internals of the von erl maybe pics during the process?

I have a Myjet - decent vape but touchy relatively easy refill, can lighter burn the coil but hard to not start burning the plastic.

Juul - No real chance of rewick, much cooler vape, not enough throat hit with stock juice or DIY juice. Probably gonna sell the Battery and Charger for $22 shipped

It appears I might have to default to the iCare since those seem to be relatively easy to rewick/recoil, but if I could do the von erl with good results i'll buy that next.

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Can you go into some detail here? I haven't seen the internals of the Von Erl maybe pics during the process?

Hard to explain fully but.. I use a 1.5mm coil master jig, 6.5 wraps of 0.21mm, coil in reverse from normal.

Using the coil jig, lay it in place and line up the wires roughly in the right place. Use a small watch makers screwdriver to push the wire into the groove and down between gold plate and plastic surround. Repeat for other side, snip an tuck wire down. Check for clearance, test fire and wick.

Sounds easy, its not but with practice, its doable.

VE_mesh_2.jpg

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
    Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    Running a test to see how long i can keep a pod going, so far ive refilled one about 20 times, with 4 dry burns and rewick. Flavour and vape quality is still on point.

ps Can we get this thread moved to the Vape Pod Systems page? Make it much easier to find again. @retired1
    Told ya the pods are 'mazing to refill :) I'm sure MVE is not happy about that but ... their pods are affordable enough and I do buy them but it's nice to know you can extend the life with no loss of flavor and etc

Reactions: David Wolf

Liazard

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2016
    Work that little plastic thing out and put it on top of the coil before refill, trust me, sometimes, but not all the time, it won't seal properly if you don't.:D

I'm not having much success with refilling Von Erl pods. What is the plastic thing you're referring to? Is it the thing that you remove, has the coil and wick in it (I would call it a cap) and contacts that fits in at the bottom of the pod? Once refilled they leak like crazy, and drool like crazy ("drool" is a technical term for low-key spitback where the liquid just kind of dribbles into your mouth as you draw). What am I missing in refilling these things? I do notice that when I put the cap back on it doesn't really seat properly - one side is usually higher than the other, almost as if there is back-pressure keeping it from sealing right.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I'm not having much success with refilling Von Erl pods. What is the plastic thing you're referring to? Is it the thing that you remove, has the coil and wick in it (I would call it a cap) and contacts that fits in at the bottom of the pod? Once refilled they leak like crazy, and drool like crazy ("drool" is a technical term for low-key spitback where the liquid just kind of dribbles into your mouth as you draw). What am I missing in refilling these things? I do notice that when I put the cap back on it doesn't really seat properly - one side is usually higher than the other, almost as if there is back-pressure keeping it from sealing right.
    This post I made a while back in another thread may help clarify what I was talking about.

Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Let me know if if you have any other questions and I'll try to help. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Nice! Works like a charm now, or so far so good anyway. The nice man with the tie in the video didn't mention taking the grommet out . . . he just pulled the deck out, filled, and pressed it back on.
    Yea, I had flooding until I figured out the problem, all good once I figured out how to fix it. Glad I could help you. :)

Reactions: zoiDman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread