Official ProVari 3 Thread - P3 *PART 2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
I absolutely, positively LOVE my 20 watt Military Ti P3! I can't believe how light that thing is. When using a Ti Kabuki, it's like holding air! When using a Gun Metal Kabuki w/Gunmetal tank, it'll be invisible! Given how much it cost, I plan on getting the most out of the warranty by using it exclusively for the next year and beating the crap out of it. Won't be hard to remember anniversary date as it arrived on the very same exact day I turned 50.

Out of curiosity and conversation, how many of you with a solid black button turn off the LED or don't even bother? Possibly squeeze a couple of puffs more of battery life by turning it off?
Talk to me. :vapor:
I turned mine off - I couldn't see it anyway.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I absolutely, positively LOVE my 20 watt Military Ti P3! I can't believe how light that thing is. When using a Ti Kabuki, it's like holding air! When using a Gun Metal Kabuki w/Gunmetal tank, it'll be invisible! Given how much it cost, I plan on getting the most out of the warranty by using it exclusively for the next year and beating the crap out of it. Won't be hard to remember anniversary date as it arrived on the very same exact day I turned 50.

Out of curiosity and conversation, how many of you with a solid black button turn off the LED or don't even bother? Possibly squeeze a couple of puffs more of battery life by turning it off?

Ever since the Ti Kabuki was released, this setup (but not military ) has been my standby for on-the-go vaping. I sort of took it to the extreme and use 18350 batteries for maximum weight savings. The power lasts long enough for even a long series of errands - I haven't had a 18650 in my P3 since then. It's a great package unmatched by any other mods/tanks I'm aware of.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

I did the same thing on my V2.5 stealth, I figured why power the LED when you can't see it anyways...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Ever since the Ti Kabuki was released, this setup (but not military ) has been my standby for on-the-go vaping. I sort of took it to the extreme and use 18350 batteries for maximum weight savings. The power lasts long enough for even a long series of errands - I haven't had a 18650 in my P3 since then. It's a great package unmatched by any other mods/tanks I'm aware of.
The titanium thing is pretty cool, isn't it? Big difference, my arm isn't sore from curling a 18650 P3 all day. lol Besides, now I can brag my vaporizer and hips are made of the same material.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
You got pics of that 2.5 stealth?
full

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
The titanium thing is pretty cool, isn't it? Big difference, my arm isn't sore from curling a 18650 P3 all day. lol Besides, now I can brag my vaporizer and hips are made of the same material.

Small world. My vaporizer/tank are made out of the same thing as my Zippo (retired), watch (when I still wore one) and shoulder (from a crotch rocket accident). I've been a sucker for titanium ever since I picked up the first piece I had access to. And that subtle matte grey look isn't matched by very many things

Bobdinski

Dec 20, 2010
Nh
Just purchased the P3 with Nautilus X tank. The provari is really well made and terribly consistent. Unfortunately, I went through the usual assortment of joyetech 510 devices over 5+ years before I got here.

I am very pleased with this device, although I am not sure what tank would be best for me. I want a tank that will match and something I can put in my suit pocket and not worry about. The nautilus seems ok - but it feels kind of cheap matching up with the P3.

I really never understood how important the power source is until I got this piece. I purchased a blemished Celtic and for the life of me can not figure out where the blemish is, so that seems like a good sign in terms of quality control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Just purchased the P3 with Nautilus X tank. The provari is really well made and terribly consistent. Unfortunately, I went through the usual assortment of joyetech 510 devices over 5+ years before I got here.

I am very pleased with this device, although I am not sure what tank would be best for me. I want a tank that will match and something I can put in my suit pocket and not worry about. The nautilus seems ok - but it feels kind of cheap matching up with the P3.

I really never understood how important the power source is until I got this piece. I purchased a blemished Celtic and for the life of me can not figure out where the blemish is, so that seems like a good sign in terms of quality control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congrats!!!

While the Naughty X is a good tank. Most would prolly steer you to a Kabuki.

Bottom Line is though, What kind of Vape you like.

Jim

AAGF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Scots expat in Florida
In the last month or so, I've bought two P3s off the blems page, a satin Celtic and a GMZ. The Celtic is at V41, and the GMZ is at V40.

I can reproduce the V40 problem and overcome it by setting the Speed to 3, allowing Manual to get to the "hidden" pages (IQ etc.)

My question is: is this solution adequate for the future, or should I send it in for the upgrade to V41?

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
In the last month or so, I've bought two P3s off the blems page, a satin Celtic and a GMZ. The Celtic is at V41, and the GMZ is at V40.

I can reproduce the V40 problem and overcome it by setting the Speed to 3, allowing Manual to get to the "hidden" pages (IQ etc.)

My question is: is this solution adequate for the future, or should I send it in for the upgrade to V41?
I'd open a ticket, and send it in.

Jim

Reactions: AAGF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread