Help me go back to flavor and MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
The KF V5 is my current. A good middle of the road flavor-chasing atty. Others mentioned some others that I enjoy, too.

For me, I think flavor-chasing atties are not served well by large tanks. 3ml is the largest I find that the juice doesn't get changed by repeated heating of the coil. The KF Mini V3, Goblin Mini, Buhdda mini, KF Light v2. The Kayfuns are easiest to build, but, for me, score in the low to mid 90s.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The KF V5 is my current. A good middle of the road flavor-chasing atty. Others mentioned some others that I enjoy, too.

For me, I think flavor-chasing atties are not served well by large tanks. 3ml is the largest I find that the juice doesn't get changed by repeated heating of the coil. The KF Mini V3, Goblin Mini, Buhdda mini, KF Light v2. The Kayfuns are easiest to build, but, for me, score in the low to mid 90s.

With some juices I see darkening of the liquid during vaping and others remain the same shade. That may be related to certain ingredients in the juices. All my Kayfuns are 4.5m tanks. 90% of my DIY juices are tobaccos. Sweetness may be a factor in caramelization.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

The Silverplay Nano holds 3.5 ml.

You're right flavor chaser attys are usually short and Compact.

Height is generally a flavor killer.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Need advice from some experienced members. Been vaping 7 years and got caught up in the watt wars aND clouds for the past 2. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the juice consumption. I remember when flavor was good and I wasn't chasing the next thing.

I always found it difficult to work with high gauge wire so I'd like to stay within 28g. I have a ton of premed coils of all kinds measuring .3-.6 but I'm wondering how these would work in something like a kayfun. I also have a narda that I immediately wrote off because it got too hot but I'm going to give it another shot.

So is a kayfun v3 the thing? I had 2 original kayfun's from 4 years ago but they accidently got tossed. I want one tank with a good TH and flavor and I will experiment with my squonking at ties for flavor builds. Last night I tried a single clapton and a single 10 wrap 26g on the limitless rdta and was getting hardly any flavor at all! Tried for a few hours and went back to dual clapton and flavor was there. I want to go back to mtl but I'm worried I just won't find the flavor or satisfaction that dual coil claptons are giving me..help, I want it to be simple again! Has anyone reverted back to MTL flavor builds and been successful?
Mate, forget all about kayfun, it's over hyped, Taifun GT3 is where you wanna be, BUY ONE, i've tried all the kayfuns and they come no where near for flavour, the rose is over hyped too, not sure why people go on these hype band wagons and make out these attys are good when they're not, unfortunatley i did the same thing, but i've now learnt to just do my own thing, and if somethings good go with it, but i can honestly reccomend the taifun gt3 as amazing

latexyankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
So I've ordered a kayfun V5 and a Cthulhu MTL, a O atty clone.

I broke out my Narda, finally took the time to build it right and its amazing at 30 watts. the only thing lacking is punch. Which brings me to the question....

Did anyone go back to a higher nic when returning to MTL? I started on 18mg but that was when we had cartos only ( some may not even know what that is..kr808 anyone?). I eventually tapered down to 6 when tanks hit the market that had replaceable coils and genny atty's with ss mesh. I settled at 3mg with all the high powered devices and DL hit attys.

I'm wondering if need to go back to 6mg. The taste and smoothness in a more MTL setup is awesome as I remember but I do find myself chain vaping it. I know 6 will also give more TH. Sucks cause I just ordered 500ml of 3mg. Sigh..

So what are your experiences??

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
So I've ordered a kayfun V5 and a Cthulhu MTL, a O atty clone.

I broke out my Narda, finally took the time to build it right and its amazing at 30 watts. the only thing lacking is punch. Which brings me to the question....

Did anyone go back to a higher nic when returning to MTL? I started on 18mg but that was when we had cartos only ( some may not even know what that is..kr808 anyone?). I eventually tapered down to 6 when tanks hit the market that had replaceable coils and genny atty's with ss mesh. I settled at 3mg with all the high powered devices and DL hit attys.

I'm wondering if need to go back to 6mg. The taste and smoothness in a more MTL setup is awesome as I remember but I do find myself chain vaping it. I know 6 will also give more TH. Sucks cause I just ordered 500ml of 3mg. Sigh..

So what are your experiences??
I used to MTL at 18 mg on my Nautilus. On my Kayfun v5's i MTL at 9 mg if that helps.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I'm wondering if need to go back to 6mg. ...

I think the Only way to know for You is to Try it.

I use approximately 9mg/ml in my Narda(s) built to .35 Ohms and at about 39 ~ 48 Watts (they're on it's on a Mech Squonkers).

Plenty of Punch for Me.

But of course, Punch is Subjective,

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Well, if 6mg/ml is what you end up preferring, you could buy a Higher mg/ml Flavored e-Liquid and then Raise the 3mg/ml to 6mg/ml.
this. I would buy some 9mg and mix it 50/50 with some 3mg and try that, and try the 9 by itself to see if you want to raise the rest of your 3mg up to 6 or 9.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
this. I would buy some 9mg and mix it 50/50 with some 3mg and try that, and try the 9 by itself to see if you want to raise the rest of your 3mg up to 6 or 9.

Bingo.

And if it works for the OP, then I would buy the Highest mg/ml I could get in that Flavor.

Because Higher mg/ml usually Doesn't cost any more. And it is Cheaper to Ship.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
So I've received my kayfun 5. Wierd thing is that 6mg feels harsh in the tank but I can drip it fine? It's usually the reverse. Does this atty just hit hard? I've put 3 different builds in it thus far with the same results.
Have you tried lowering the watts? Also what size builds you using? I never find my KF V5 harsh but they do deliver good.I dropped down from 12 mg in my Merlin to 8 mg in the v5.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Imo, kayfun 5 with mtl reducers is a cop-out for svoemesto. Not saying it wont work for some, but id guess the only reason they chose the 5 over the mini v3 is the juice capacity.

I chose the K5 over the v3 because the v3 was only 19mm in diameter (I wish they had kept it 22mm and just made it shorter), and it was lacking the little tabs next the the post screws....I'm kinda challenged when it come to setting the coil on the deck so those little tabs are priceless to me.

King_Louie

Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Southern California
I chose the K5 over the v3 because the v3 was only 19mm in diameter (I wish they had kept it 22mm and just made it shorter), and it was lacking the little tabs next the the post screws....I'm kinda challenged when it come to setting the coil on the deck so those little tabs are priceless to me.

They without a doubt are very helpful, those posts. Having authentics of both i know where you are coming from, they both have their disadvantages & advantages in my personal case. The 5 is no question easier to build, with myself specifically i just found that the MTL experience on the 5 (even with mtl reducers in) did not come close to matching the quality of mini v3 MTL vape.

However i feel that the v5 would appeal to more people, generally speaking. Adj airflow and the bigger capacity make the v5 more able to compete in the market these days, with the bajillion tanks available.

It just didnt work for me. If you find the v5 too loose, a metal tank can extend the mini v3 to 3.6ml or even 4.2 respectively, so then all it boiled down to for me was sacrificing those little posts, which i can live with (But at the same time really wish i didnt have to!)
If you like an airy-er draw, no question the v5 is for you. You could always get the mtl reducers if you felt inclined.

So you can see that after doing alot of searching & comparing they definitely both have situations where one would be preferred over the other, i dont think you could simply call one better than the other, just personal preference. They are too different to try and compare them head to head.

And i feel weird saying that, because back in the day i could say without hesitation "yes the lite plus is better than the 3.1 or regular lite 100%."
The v5 is really a new thing for svoemesto, and while i might not be a fan, i think they did it pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread