Got my first mech mod and im not getting as big of clouds as i think i should be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rkdann

Aug 9, 2015
London Ontario Canada
Ive been vaping for a while now, my everyday mod is my wismec r200s with a 528 customs clone which i can chuck huge clouds with.
I recently bought my first unregulated mech box, its a tug boat and im using the matching rda with it. I curently have dual micro coils in 8 wrap of 24g nichrom that sit at about .2 ohms and i have fully chared vct5s in it.
Its producing good vapor, its just not procing the awsome clouds that i can get with my regulated or like ive seen people blow with mechs before i dont know what the problem is.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Depending on which 'tug boat' you have, it is most likley parallel configuration.
So,
4.2v / .2Ω = 88w, not including any v drop.

Including v drop and as the batteries discharge;
4v /.2Ω = 80w
3.7v / .2Ω = 68w
3.5v / .2Ω = 61w
3.2v / .2Ω = 51w

The difference is the regulated provides consistent power to the coil(s), set it to 80w the coil(s) receive 80w, mash the button on a mech and see above.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
If something doesn't do what you are expecting it to, it's either the wrong thing or you're using it incorrectly.
If you could provide some more info about the mod (dual/single battery, parallel/series), and what power levels you are trying to match with the rx200 we can provide some advice.

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread