NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Wotofo was released a new Serpent: The Serpent Alto

Biggest news is the build deck - it now sports a Merlin/Goblin V3/Ammit design:
serpent-alto-s-5_1.jpg

Overall height is a little shorter with a finned top cap.
serpent-alto-s-1_1.jpg

juice capacity is down from 3.0 to 2.5ml

I love the new deck, but looks like now there is only one airflow hole - compared to two on the Mini.
I'm wondering how much, if any, that will reduce the overall airflow. One review I came across reported the airflow to be about the same - we'll see I guess.

I dislike the the new top cap but it looks like an original Mini top cap would be compatible.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I am really dissatisfied with wotofo lately the last 2 times I have ordered off there site I paid for products that were reported to be in stock in there US warehouse with a 2-5 day shipping time. I double checked with there sales team on December 13 that they had the alto in stock in the US. I placed my order and here I am on the 5th of January and still do not have it. This also happened with my sapor 25 rta. I contacted the multiple times without reply and finally when I mentioned charge back on my CC they emailed me stating there was a mistake and they shipped from China and sent me a tracking number. The tracking number stated that the it was not mailed to til Dec 24th.

Sorry I got a bit off track but the moral of this story is to becareful when ordering from wotofos main site and be prepared to wait for a long time to get your order. Also make sure they double-check to make sure the item is in stock in the US warehouse. I hope this can save some people some frustration

As to the Alto I am pretty excited for it. It appears to have airflow like the Ammit on the deck with that weird side airflow. It also appears to only have one airslot intake. I love single coil RTAs so I'm sure this will be great however I was hoping this was going to be there MTL Debut but it appears it is another single coil restricted lung hit atty with an emphasis on flavor!

Reactions: ricks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Mini is the only tank I use. I would be interested in how things pan out for people here who try alto. Alto means high in Italian, I wonder if there is any significance in relation to this product?

In Mexico and Central America, Alto means "Stop".

As in... I have to Stop putting New RTA's in the Fasttech Cart just because they have Single Coil Decks and they Look Cool.

$25.52 Authentic Wotofo Serpent Alto RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Merlin mini is a much better tank than this in my opinion. Also the original serpent is much better then the Alto in my opinion. For some reason I never really liked the Alto and I did give it a fair shake over multiple builds and using it exclusively at work over the period of a week. As far as MTL goes the Original Merlin and Merlin mini are 2 of the best budget MTL tanks on the market.

The mini is one of my favorite tanks

Reactions: ricks

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Merlin mini is a much better tank than this in my opinion. Also the original serpent is much better then the Alto in my opinion. For some reason I never really liked the Alto and I did give it a fair shake over multiple builds and using it exclusively at work over the period of a week. As far as MTL goes the Original Merlin and Merlin mini are 2 of the best budget MTL tanks on the market.

The mini is one of my favorite tanks
I was just watching some reviews on both the Merlin and the Merlin mini. Since you have both...which do you prefer? And why? The mini is only 2ml which has me looking at the Reg. Size Merlin...but if the Mini is better than I really don't mind filling it more often.
Thanks for any input.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I do have this, and like it quite alot. I'm using a kanthal simple wire build, 26 gauge, 2.5mm id, I believe 7 wraps. This gives me around 0.8 ohms...and 20 watts fires it up nicely. Reason I'm using this build is I have it on an older regulated tube mod with max wattage of 20 watts. Works very well on that. I must say I did find the drip tip uncomfortable, not because it was narrow by todays standards but because its a stubby, quite a little too short. I replaced it with a slightly longer stainless tip and all is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread