Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I picked up the Limitless RDTA Gold today. It's a nice enough vape, buy I have to say that I am a little undewhelmed. Perhaps this version is a little better in the machining, but if that is the case, it would be splitting hairs... the truth is, I feel like the iJoy Combo or Limitless Classic is a better buy. The Gold comes with one deck, no tools, and no coils. The iJoy Combo comes with 2 decks, coils, cotton, tools, drip tips, adapters, a coil head... all around - machining and questions of who owns what aside - the Combo or Classic is a better buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Those are memory banks for user set tcr values, meaning that you can use other wire than those the mod is preset for.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Ah right... Thanks for clearing that up for me:)

Finally got mine in. Love the SS finish (no paint) Running claptons 5 wraps 3mm ID o.32 ohm @65watts. snug Japanese cotton with the tails combed out slightly. trimmed right at the top of the glass. Wicking just fine. I did not wet the wicks until I had the base ring screwed on. Took a small tool and poked it in the edge of each wick hole and she is wicking like a champ (bubbles). No leaks, really rich and thick cloud, excellent flavor. Excellent.
View attachment 626165 View attachment 626167

Nice! that's exactly how i wick mine. Install wicks, get the tails into the channels and the deck collar on before wetting them, when wet i get my real fine pointed tweezer or similar(maybe even a bit of wire)and create a tiny breath hole beside each wick tail.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Nice! that's exactly how i wick mine. Install wicks, get the tails into the channels and the deck collar on before wetting them, when wet i get my real fine pointed tweezer or similar(maybe even a bit of wire)and create a tiny breath hole beside each wick tail.

That works perfect for me as well Slippy. When it's time to fill, I poke those holes again before I fill and it helps allow air to release, otherwise I get a little juice trying to come out the fill port due to no release of air. Works fine just giving a small breathing port beside the wicks.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
I have a couple VT 133's and I like them. :)

It's looks very nice, but it was the leather that made me buy the Vapedroid DNA 250 instead. I clean my mods a few times a day with isopropyl alcohol, and was afraid that the leather wouldn't look nice after a few days. I just hope the rubber coating on the Vapedroid will withstand it. Another factor was that the VT133 is not sold in my country, but the Vapedroid is.

The Limitless Plus tolerates isopropyl alcohol very well. :)

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I did attempt to follow suit and turn mine into a L++ but i don't have a drill press and that deck looks quite thick.

For a hss drill bit it's miles thick! :lol: For a solid carbide drill it's paper thin. :w00t:. I'm deff going to be ordering a solid carbide spot drill and .5mm carbide drill to mod other L+ and Ijoy Combo rdtas.

Ran around with my L++ to several vape shops and the feedback was all positive. I have 6 orders to mod rdtas with air bleed holes for $10 ea so far. That should easily cover my tooling costs.

Alternatively one could just buy a Quad Flex Survival Kit rdta that comes with air bleed holes but for some reason most people seem to prefer the larger attys. :rolleyes:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
For a hss drill bit it's miles thick! :lol: For a solid carbide drill it's paper thin. :w00t:. I'm deff going to be ordering a solid carbide spot drill and .5mm carbide drill to mod other L+ and Ijoy Combo rdtas.

Ran around with my L++ to several vape shops and the feedback was all positive. I have 6 orders to mod rdtas with air bleed holes for $10 ea so far. That should easily cover my tooling costs.

Alternatively one could just buy a Quad Flex Survival Kit rdta that comes with air bleed holes but for some reason most people seem to prefer the larger attys. :rolleyes:

Cigatron the saviour :) that's great stuff.

Another option i just thought of so long as you don't mind going single coil is to maybe drill a couple of holes in the rubber deck plug.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Cigatron the saviour :) that's great stuff.

Another option i just thought of so long as you don't mind going single coil is to maybe drill a couple of holes in the rubber deck plug.
Good idea. It would take a monster single coil to reach the flavor potential of this 24mm atty though. Maybe a 5mm alien or triple fused clapton or something?

Adder: Drilling holes through the silicone single coil block off plug could probably be easily accomplished with a heated quilting needle.

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Good idea. It would take a monster single coil to reach the flavor potential of this 24mm atty though. Maybe a 5mm alien or triple fused clapton or something?

Adder: Drilling holes through the silicone single coil block off plug could probably be easily accomplished with a heated quilting needle.

I tried drilling a hole but as i thought may be the case the rubber doesn't really open up cleanly enough to let air through from what i can tell, the drill bit rips a hole through easy enough but as soon as you take it out the hole vanishes.
I will try your excellent idea of burning a hole and let you know how it goes, Unless someone else beats me to the draw and reports back with the result. :)
Making monster single coils that vape well in big spaces is my thing, this one is 3mm id and i think i used 30g & 38g (i can't seem to adjust the pic size, i apologize)..
IMG_2843_zpswivuaupy.jpg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I tried drilling a hole but as i thought may be the case the rubber doesn't really open up cleanly enough to let air through from what i can tell, the drill bit rips a hole through easy enough but as soon as you take it out the hole vanishes.
I will try your excellent idea of burning a hole and let you know how it goes, Unless someone else beats me to the draw and reports back with the result. :)
Making monster single coils that vape well in big spaces is my thing, this one is 3mm id and i think i used 30g & 38g (i can't seem to adjust the pic size, i apologize)..
IMG_2843_zpswivuaupy.jpg
Daaaaaaang....:w00t::w00t::w00t:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Got a 24awg SS316L coil at almost 0.6 Ohm now. 12 wraps there about. I'm not very found of it. It seems a bit too heavy to run. Too many wraps?

It's hard to keep enough juice fed to the center of overly long coils. They tend to dry out and overheat the wick in the middle. Try going to a larger ID and less wraps.

Add: As a general rule I try to keep the length of single strand coils to less than 1.5 times the coil ID. For a 3mm 24g coil that would be 9 wraps or less. My preferred wrap count for a 3mm 24g slightly spaced coil is 7 wraps. That's good for around 45w with a single coil or 90w for duals.

Last edited:

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
It's a 'top coil' design, which I don't care for. Those types rely on the wicking ability of the media and I've experienced that some parts of the liquid wick quicker which affects my vape, YMMV.
i'm intrigued by the resurgence of these top coilers i've dubbed genesis 2.0s. haven't touched my kraken in over a year.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Picked up the Geek Vape Karma kit on Sunday. I love my Limitless RTDAs, but gotta say that the construction of the Karma tops it. It's heavy duty and solid!

I'm up to 12 RDTAs at thus point, and have my eye on 2 more lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Needed a reliable build as I was going away the whole next day. Threw it in way too late when I really should have been sleeping, but the lost sleep was worth it, as it served me very well. :)

Got a couple of dry and burnt hits, and got worried. It was after I had refilled it to the brink, but luckily the Cotton Blend from Fiber Freaks tolerated the impact. I have been chain vaping on it, and haven't had any problem beside that one time.

Regarding the diameter versus the length ratio, aren't the posts a bit far from each other?

cameringo_20170112_094845.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread