Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks Hotrod, I looks like it worked - HERO!
Do you take donations?
HotRod probably won't answer your question. He has been pretty adamant that this whole endeavor is about the product and not intended to be a source of revenue (otherwise he would have bailed long ago). However, I have no problem sharing, that if you click on the help tab, you can make a donation via PayPal. I found the application worthy of a donation and made a contribution myself. Glad you are considering doing the same. :D

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Before any further changes are made related to these features I would like to hear input from all on the best way to handle all of these actions.
HotRod, for what it is worth (and no; I am NOT volunteering for this one... sorry): "Print" should mean print, and "Make Recipe" should mean make (date and deduct from inventory). "Adjust inventory" ("Add amounts back into inventory" option should remove most recent "Last Made" date as well as add back ingredients). If that means I have to put on my big-boy pants and click a second (or even third) button... I think I can manage. I hope other would agree.

Keep it simple and straight forward. When I have to stop and think "Is this removing inventory too/again?" it stops being intuitive. Intuitive does not always equal most convenient.

I gotta say though; when the biggest issues to an application are "Can I avoid one more button click?," how great is that? You must be awful close to perfect...

Well done good sir, and thank you for all you have done, for all of us who use this incredible program; you have really given us something special. :thumbs:

Ed Sause

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2016
I am in full agreement with IDJoel. Kiss principle is always the best. Adding to that, the (Make Recipe) history should record all instances for button click. If that means that the history log entry includes recipe name, vg, pg, nic, and # mls, to differentiate between entries. Maybe it should also include when the recipe is added back to inventory as well.

Reactions: IDJoel

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
The calculator should be able to open the 5.0.0.5 file in the version 8 program. I haven't tried it from a version that far back but I am confident that there won't be any problem. If there is a problem you can send me the file and I will make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starbadger

Jan 16, 2017
Is there a way to merge ingredients?

I am looking to import over 150 recipes from EjuicemeUp and I have misspelled a lot of the ingredient names as well as have slight variations such as TFA, TPA, (TFA) etc of the same concentrate.

Is there an easy way to merge the 4 different spellings of the same concentrate. I have tried renaming them but it still leave me with multiples of the same concentrate?

Thanks

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
There's an option under Edit to Merge/Combine Same Name Ingredients. I think that's what I did a long time ago but it's showing me no duplicates so I can't check that for you.

Initially I used Edit->Find and Replace and selected the box to delete the replaced spelling (I don't think the Merge/Combine Option was available at the time). I started with the ones I use the most and gradually cleaned up my list.

Scouser

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 11, 2016
    Liverpool, UK
    There are several copy options when you right click,
    do you mean to copy the name of the recipe to the clipboard?
    Yes. But when I right click on the recipe menu totle I don't see the option to copy it.

Yes, go to Tools->Options and select the "Mouse wheel" tab.
    Brill! thanks for this.

That is how Windows handles fields that are locked, it will not accept any input in the field
    But the slider is not a 'write' exception. Hmm... Windows....no further comment ;)

That is another Windows thing, Windows has a limit to the size of a tool tip display
    Hmm... Windows....no further comment ;)

Not currently, I will add it to the running list of changes that I have.
    Understood. And thanks again for continuing to support us even though we a moaning bunch of A...

As a matter of interest, have you heard of the Microsoft .NET 'mono' project? It could be useful.
    Home | Mono

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    * On the Main Recipe Window, Would be nice to be able to right-click->Copy the Recipe name.

There are several copy options when you right click, do you mean to copy the name of the recipe to the clipboard?

Yes. But when I right click on the recipe menu totle I don't see the option to copy it.

right-click > copy recipe as plain text (basic recipe) > delete all but the recipe name

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    For me, I want the buttons to do what they say.

Print will print the recipe and do nothing else.
    Make Recipe will update the inventory and the last made date.
    Adjust Inventory should only adjust the inventory for the recipe, not bother the last made date. I have made a recipe with a different brand of flavoring because it was handy, then came back to adjust the inventory. Still made it, just used different flavoring or nic vendor.

skineedog

ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2015
    Count me as +1 on Joel's comments here AND I will volunteer to collect data. I would be more than happy to assist in anyway I can to assist with an app that I depend so heavily upon. Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this collection? Would a simple poll of users posted here be of value? Are polls possible on this forum?...

Bananas1

Jun 29, 2016
    The recipe last made date, the recipe history, inventory reduction and the printing (when to print) is becoming a large thorn in my side.
    Some people print and want everything to occur when they print.
    Some never print and want everything except printing to occur when they hit the make recipe button.
    Some people want printing to occur when they click the make recipe button.
    Some want to adjust inventory without any of the other actions.
    Some want to click the adjust inventory button and have it also update the last made date.
    Some want only to update the last made date manually and never automatically.
    Related to recipe history, some folks want to prevent accidental "double" clicks on the make recipe button and take no actions if the button is clicked a second time for the same recipe. Some want history created for each and every click.
    And the variations continue.
    Since the make recipe button was my idea here is my 2c on how to address these issues;
    1. Add something to the option menu that allows the user to turn on/off printing with the make recipe button, should solve 1,2 & 3 fully. Possibly remove the print button, should they want to print and do nothing else this can be addressed via the file menu.
    1.1 Also add the option to turn on/off update last made date, inventory and recipe last made date etc via options menu, should solve 4.
    2. Remove the adjust inventory button from the main screen and add it to the edit menu, should solve 5. Should they just want to adjust inventory for the recipe and do nothing else this would be solved via 1.1.
    3. Number 6 doesn't need solving, I can just enter the date should I want to and ignore the make recipe button.
    4. Allow the make recipe button to be pressed once and update everything but throw a prompt 'do you want to make the recipe again' or something similar if it is pressed if the last made date = today's date. Could also add a 'don't prompt me again' so those that don't want the prompt can get rid of it. Add it to the new options menu created via 1.1 should it be accidentally clicked or they change their mind, should solve 7.

Having said all that, I've just seen @IDJoel post and agree with the easier solution that he has put forward.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2014
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Count me as +1 on Joel's comments here AND I will volunteer to collect data. I would be more than happy to assist in anyway I can to assist with an app that I depend so heavily upon. Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this collection? Would a simple poll of users posted here be of value? Are polls possible on this forum?...
    +1 for the volunteer!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread