Your free vape stuff pop up is so annoying, can't you tame it a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
The free vape stuff pop up actually prevents me from logging on at least half of the time. As soon as I get on the site, I attempt to log on.

Many times that pop up actually interrupts my sign on and forces me to restart the logon. I am not a keyboard fumbler, but a typist. But I do not have a three character password either. It takes me a few moments to logon.

That pop up is really annoying. How about putting a bit of a leash on it so we members can reasonably get on without interruption? It starts me off in an unpleasant mood on the site. I love this site and enjoy being happy on it from start to finish.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
It's annoying ads like these that cause people to use ad blockers in the first place. I don't think anyone cares about some ads out of the viewing area, but when they become intrusive, people block them. There's a reason why Google vaulted over every other search engine to become the giant it is today and it's not because of the search results. I wish the other sites would take a cue from Google and put simple, unobtrusive ads on the borders and we wouldn't be forced to install ad blockers and flash blockers.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Do I need to change my password to a minimal repetitive character password to avoid being intercepted in logging on by this vaping.com popup? I am forced to start login over everytime.
I am one who actually tries to choose a password that has effect. Apparently that will not work on this website anymore. Does aggravating a person actually motivate someone to seek out that website to shop for folks other than me? I would never spend my money rewarding a nuisance. How about a reasonable delay before attacking?

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Merged threads. Starting multiple threads on the same subject is frowned upon.
Then are you responding that it is the exact same annoying problem that has not been acknowledged? I assumed that it was a new problem, but now I know that it was deliberately put back. My error for assuming that free vape stuff and vaping.com are not the same issue.

So I will then assume that the popup can easily be paused a bit to permit somewhat normal logging on, as it was in the prior popup. It just occurred two more times to me. It interrupts my login, unresponsive keystrokes, and causes a reinitiation of login. Annoying and it does make me frown.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Then are you responding that it is the exact same annoying problem that has not been acknowledged? I assumed that it was a new problem, but now I know that it was deliberately put back. My error for assuming that free vape stuff and vaping.com are the same issue.

So I will then assume that the popup can easily be paused a bit to permit somewhat normal logging on, as it was in the prior popup. It just occurred two more times to me. It interrupts my login, unresponsive keystrokes, and causes a reinitiation of login. Annoying and it does make me frown.
I agree, it is a PITA :grr:
A 30 second delay should not be too much to ask. o_O

Reactions: Toots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread