Vaping is not safe!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mice Elf

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2016
People's Republic of California
It's my guess you actually came here to make a statement and not ask a question, but just in case:

The best way to explain your behavior to your children?
Tell them not to waste too much of their lives looking for explanations. Focus instead on the lessons and experiences and how to apply them to their own choices in life.
Tell them to look forward and less backward. They are empowered to change the future but they are powerless to change the past.
Good luck to you. Good luck to them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It has been proved that vaping negatively affects human fibroblasts - the cells that build connective tissue in the body. Ingredients such as menthol induces the cell DNA breakage and programmed cell death. Sooner or later there will be consequences from vaping that affect different organs and tissues

Hi Anastasia. Welcome to the ECF.

When someone posts something as Scientifically or Medically "Proven", we usual ask that they provide some Supporting Links so that Others can Evaluate such a claim.

---

I don't think that Many feel that there will be no Long Term consequences of Vaping. It is at what Quantitative Level and the Severity of the Consequences that is in Question.

Most (including Myself) see e-Cigarette use as Harm Reduction over Smoking. And Not Harm Elimination.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hi Anastasia. Welcome to the ECF.

When someone posts something as Scientifically or Medically "Proven", we usual ask that they provide some Supporting Links so that Others can Evaluate such a claim.

---

I don't think that Many feel that there will be no Long Term consequences of Vaping. It is at what Quantitative Level and the Severity of the Consequences that is in Question.

Most (including Myself) see e-Cigarette use as Harm Reduction over Smoking. And Not Harm Elimination.

Well said :thumb:

KC:

Jan 3, 2012
Dallas
Had a chunk of my lung removed too, last Feb. Not fun, but I'm pretty sure it was caused by my 30+ years of SMOKING, not 4 years of vaping. It had a MUCIN component--maybe OP confused that with "glycerine," cause I guarantee if he had lung surgery a few days before posting, he was totally wasted on multiple pain meds. Mine was small & very early--accidental find & luckiest break I've ever had. All gone! And I'm still vaping.... tho maybe I should consider quitting. More concerned about the semi-annual check that involves injection of radioactive dye. :/

Reactions: Macko

Doublestem

Moved On
Jan 3, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Macko

Jan 5, 2017
Assuming for one minute that the OP is sincere, it still seems safer than any of my other numerous habits.

Soda? Poison.

Inactivity throughout the day? 10X more likely to have almost any complication.

(OTHER STUFF)? Munchies.

Drinking? We (should) all know.

If you are serious about your story, please tell us as much details about your case as you can. Seems very brief, if your intent is to "warm" us.

If your doctors aren't 100% certain it was caused by vaping, surely they listed other possible causes. What were they?

From a scientific standpoint, I agree that anyone who says it's "safe" at this stage of research is being silly. We just don't know. That said, no comparison to manufactured cigarettes as they are today. Everything about them spells DEATH.

Thanks again for your story, but more detailed info would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread