SpO2 Sats On Oximeter Concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yggdrasill4

Jan 16, 2017
I bought a Veridian finger oximeter recently to more accurately access my stats while I am exercising on my stationary bike or cross-trainer, I also just bought my first sub ohm tank, the smok tfv8 and Wismec Reuleaux 200w, but I only vape it at 84w. Before this I was using a Aspire Trit0n v2 with 1.8 coils vaped at 12.4w on a Eleaf iStick TC60w with no issues at all. I do suffer from health anxiety since my late teens, I check my blood pressure sometimes several times a day, sometimes not at all for days, so far so good but... I wanted to see how well my oxygen saturation is while vaping on my new vaping beast and I am wondering if any of you also experimented with this. My O2 saturation throughout the day will hover around 97% to 99%, which is ideal, however, after five to ten minutes of tfv8 usage and with the pulse oximeter on, it would drop at an alarming 94% - 95%, in a sitting position, for 15 to 20 minutes until it rebounds to 97%-98% after no usage. I vape 50pg/50vg 3mg just fine, Max vg just makes my lungs feel heavy/coated. This can't be normal right? Have you checked your O2 sats while in the middle of vaping to see if this occurs? I've tried this too with my Triton v2 mouth to lung inhales and I don't get this same problem even as I use it for a longer duration (bordering hours) and obviously because I don't deep inhale while using it. I am just kind of bummed out, I really love my new setup and I wasn't into sub ohms until now, but it seems like I will be going back to my weak-sauce one :( It at least keeps me off cigarettes. My question again is, is it normal for your O2 stats to drop in the middle of heavy vaping, to have it rebound and normalize 15 to 20 minutes later?

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I played around with a little pulse oximeter for a bit, vaping didn't seem to have any effect on me. I don't do massive voluminous clouds though, completely unnecessary for a 24mg vaper such as I am. I run right around 97 here at altitude and it stays put.
I've had quite a bit of experience with pulse ox sats during the care of others. 94-95 is nothing to be alarmed about. But I can see how inhaling globs of VG in quick succession could make it drop; you're obviously displacing something with something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread