Non-Smokers .... Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Do I think it's pointless to pick up a habit that is primarily used to quit a worse habit? Yes.

Do I think people who only chuck huge clouds for the sake of chucking huge clouds give the rest of the vaping community a bad image? Absolutely.

Do I have the right to judge someone for a hobby that satisfies them? Not at all.

I may not agree with it, but I'm not gonna try and stop them.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Once upon a time i would have said live and let vape. Unfortunately it is becoming a bit of an issue with me now when i see youngsters (anyone under 30) blowing clouds in my favourite watering holes. They annoy the sh*t out of me.
In answer to OPs question - it doesn't bother me that non smokers have taken up vaping as long as they don't impact on my life in any way. At all.

Couldn't agree more! I very rarely vape in restaurants but when I do it's with a high ohm, low wattage setup and I hold the vapor in so you can't even see it. If somebody doesn't like you vaping while they're eating then stop it's called having respect. Now if your' outside and they're complaining feel free to rip them a new you know what.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
you have a problem with that too?
Do i take any offense to it? Nope, do i think it is ridiculous and stupid, absolutely. Do i believe any legislation is needed to prevent people from using it if they are of age, for any given reason, nope. I do however find it stupid, ridiculous. But i also think cloud competitions and doing tricks is stupid as well

Reactions: DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Do i take any offense to it? Nope, do i think it is ridiculous and stupid, absolutely. Do i believe any legislation is needed to prevent people from using it if they are of age, for any given reason, nope. I do however find it stupid, ridiculous. But i also think cloud competitions and doing tricks is stupid as well
All valid reasons for you to not participate in cloud competitions or perform vape tricks. So, if you don't take offense, and you don't feel people should be prevented from doing these things, why do you feel strongly enough to start a thread about it? What's the point? Just wondering if there are others out there who judge people for not following your moral code? I'm sure there are plenty. The ones who believe even stronger than you are the ones who try to control everyone's behavior.

As to your OP, how do you know they would never touch a cigarette, because they said so on a survey? Chances are, if they picked up vaping because their friends are doing it, they would have done the same with smoking. My point is, it shouldn't matter why someone is vaping, they should have the right to do it, they aren't harming anyone.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I think the non-smoking, younger crowd vapors, is a fad that will eventually pass.
Especially if the FDA drives the cost up.
I know I had better things to spend my money on, at that age.

Yup, the FDA is bound and determined to make smoking more expensive than vaping....that will fix those kids, and boost tobacco sales / taxes. Kids do stupid things, otherwise there would be so many current kids smoking.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
All valid reasons for you to not participate in cloud competitions or perform vape tricks. So, if you don't take offense, and you don't feel people should be prevented from doing these things, why do you feel strongly enough to start a thread about it? What's the point? Just wondering if there are others out there who judge people for not following your moral code? I'm sure there are plenty. The ones who believe even stronger than you are the ones who try to control everyone's behavior.

As to your OP, how do you know they would never touch a cigarette, because they said so on a survey? Chances are, if they picked up vaping because their friends are doing it, they would have done the same with smoking. My point is, it shouldn't matter why someone is vaping, they should have the right to do it, they aren't harming anyone.

Yes this is about my "moral code" why do you take such offense for me voicing my opinion? Are you one of the idiots who vapes for absolutely no reason but to try and look "cool" i cannot figure out what other reason you would have at being so adversarial and trying to be so passive aggressive and failing to be good at it.

They are harming the reputation of those who use it as a means of abstaining from the actual cigs. If i thought i could go without vaping, i wouldnt be vaping.

People are allowed to make any decision with their lives they so choose, and suffer any/all consequences for any decision good or bad. That was not the point of the thread, more just the opinion on the topic at hand.

Reactions: DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yes this is about my "moral code" why do you take such offense for me voicing my opinion? Are you one of the idiots who vapes for absolutely no reason but to try and look "cool" i cannot figure out what other reason you would have at being so adversarial and trying to be so passive aggressive and failing to be good at it.

They are harming the reputation of those who use it as a means of abstaining from the actual cigs. If i thought i could go without vaping, i wouldnt be vaping.

People are allowed to make any decision with their lives they so choose, and suffer any/all consequences for any decision good or bad. That was not the point of the thread, more just the opinion on the topic at hand.
I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm being aggressive aggressive. I would never try to stop you from having or expressing your opinion. At the same time, I won't stop myself from expressing my opinion that I find vapers who in one breath say the government should not try to stop me from choosing to vape, and in the next breath say that others shouldn't be vaping because they're not doing it the "right" way or for the "right" reasons, to be stupid and ridiculous. The world would be a much better place if we all kept our heads out of each others business.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm being aggressive aggressive. I would never try to stop you from having or expressing your opinion. At the same time, I won't stop myself from expressing my opinion that I find vapers who in one breath say the government should not try to stop me from choosing to vape, and in the next breath say that others shouldn't be vaping because they're not doing it the "right" way or for the "right" reasons, to be stupid and ridiculous. The world would be a much better place if we all kept our heads out of each others business.
Wow you are blind, I never said who should or should not be vaping. I said i think it is stupid/ridiculous. Please... learn to read and comprehend before you attack ME again. See the difference is i am giving my opinion on the topic at hand, you are simply giving your opinion of me. Your entire comment contradicts yourself. Get a clue.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Wow you are blind, I never said who should or should not be vaping. I said i think it is stupid/ridiculous. Please... learn to read and comprehend before you attack ME again. See the difference is i am giving my opinion on the topic at hand, you are simply giving your opinion of me. Your entire comment contradicts yourself. Get a clue.
This is passive aggressive. "I didn't call you stupid/ridiculous, I just said I think it's stupid/ridiculous to do what you do."

For the record, I used to smoke.

Why do you care if non-smokers vape?

I suppose I'm intolerant of intolerance.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
This is passive aggressive. "I didn't call you stupid/ridiculous, I just said I think it's stupid/ridiculous to do what you do."
Wrong, because actions of someone can be stupid without the person as a whole being stupid. Way to not understand!!
For the record, I used to smoke.
Would you like a cookie?
Why do you care if non-smokers vape?
I do not lose sleep over this, i do not actively try to stop anybody, i am not offended by any of the actions of these millennials. That said, i can still form an opinion regarding their actions and logic involved.
I suppose I'm intolerant of intolerance.
Walking Contradiction, more like it.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Wrong, because actions of someone can be stupid without the person as a whole being stupid. Way to not understand!!

Would you like a cookie?

I do not lose sleep over this, i do not actively try to stop anybody, i am not offended by any of the actions of these millennials. That said, i can still form an opinion regarding their actions and logic involved.

Walking Contradiction, more like it.
Silly me, I thought there might be an actual point to this thread. You obviously care enough about this topic to start a thread. I'll just share my opinion that believing that vaping should only be for people who want to stop smoking is about a half step from saying that vaping needs to be tightly controlled so that it doesn't snare a whole new generation of addicts, and we all know where that train of thought leads.

Reactions: anavidfan

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Silly me, I thought there might be an actual point to this thread. You obviously care enough about this topic to start a thread. I'll just share my opinion that believing that vaping should only be for people who want to stop smoking is about a half step from saying that vaping needs to be tightly controlled so that it doesn't snare a whole new generation of addicts, and we all know where that train of thought leads.
Yes because misuse of vaporizers by these kids isnt making news ever and shining a negative light on vaping.

Clearly by me having the opinion that it is ridiculous means it is only a "half step" away from being over regulated.

Regulations are driven by money, they will find whatever excuse they want to pin it on but to claim otherwise is just naive.

Maybe next year for Halloween ill hand out nicotine gum and patches, i mean why not right?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yes because misuse of vaporizers by these kids isnt making news ever and shining a negative light on vaping.

Clearly by me having the opinion that it is ridiculous means it is only a "half step" away from being over regulated.

Regulations are driven by money, they will find whatever excuse they want to pin it on but to claim otherwise is just naive.

Maybe next year for Halloween ill hand out nicotine gum and patches, i mean why not right?
I don't recall any news stories of nonsmokers vaping, have any examples? You're right that those against vaping will use any excuse, so it doesn't really matter who vapes or why. I'm against the idea that vaping is ONLY for smoking cessation. Nicotine without tobacco has never been shown to lead to dependence. There is no evidence of anything especially harmful in regards to vaping.

I'll correct myself, the opinion of "people doing x is stupid" is a half step from "people shouldn't do x." Then another half step to "people shouldn't be allowed to do x."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread