Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
In the immortal words of Han Solo: YAHOOO!

Thanks for the contest @The_Vapin_Chemist! First contest I've won here!

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Congrats!!!! Dunno if you're new to the contest, or just don't really post, but if you are........welcome to the contest!!

Thanks so much for another great contest VC! I'm still gonna sit out a few more.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Good evening friends,
I come to you with new trivia. The category is Winter, Snow and Ice and the contest will go through Sunday night.

1. What actor played Robin Williams adult son Mearth on the fourth Season of the TV show Mork and Mindy?

2. What trick did snowboarder Shaun White land in his final run of the Men’s Half Pipe final at the 2010 Winter Olympics?

3. What author created Jadis the White Witch whose spell on Narnia makes it “always winter but never Christmas”?

4. Who played the role of Chrissie Snow on the 70’s TV Sitcom Three’s Company?

5. In what year did the song “Ice, Ice, Baby” by Vanilla Ice become the first Hip Hop single to top the Billboard charts?

6. Who became the most decorated American Winter Olympic athlete of all time at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver?

7. In what Shakesperean play would you find the line, “Now is the winter of our discontent / Made glorious summer by this sun of York.”?

8. What song did Canadian rapper Darrin O’Brien, better known as Snow, hit #1 with in 1993?

9. Who wrote the short story “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?

10. On which two dates in December does the Winter Solstice occur between 2010 and 2020?

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Good morning fellow vapers!

Please help me congratulate this week's winner, @440BB!

Answers:
1. What actor played Robin Williams adult son Mearth on the fourth Season of the TV show Mork and Mindy?
a. Jonathan Winters

2. What trick did snowboarder Shaun White land in his final run of the Men’s Half Pipe final at the 2010 Winter Olympics?
a. Tomahawk or Double McTwist 1260

3. What author created Jadis the White Witch whose spell on Narnia makes it “always winter but never Christmas”?
a. C.S. Lewis

4. Who played the role of Chrissie Snow on the 70’s TV Sitcom Three’s Company?
a. Suzanne Somers

5. In what year did the song “Ice, Ice, Baby” by Vanilla Ice become the first Hip Hop single to top the Billboard charts?
a. 1990

6. Who became the most decorated American Winter Olympic athlete of all time at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver?
a. Apollo Ohno

7. In what Shakesperean play would you find the line, “Now is the winter of our discontent / Made glorious summer by this sun of York.”?
a. Richard III

8. What song did Canadian rapper Darrin O’Brien, better known as Snow, hit #1 with in 1993?
a. “Informer”

9. Who wrote the short story “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”?
a. Ernest Hemingway

10. On which two dates in December does the Winter Solstice occur between 2010 and 2020?
a. The 21st and 22nd

tejas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
East Texas
a. Apollo Ohno

Arrggh! Must learn to read the entire sentence, when looking for clues.

Congratz @440BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread