What classes or field to take to design coils and tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NT3N531

Oct 16, 2016
Julesburg, Co
I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about but if you could help me. I love vaping and went to school for mechanical engineering. I want to combine the two to make some bad ... tanks and coils for the industry. I want to know what online colleges teach this kind of area. I already have an associates in Mechanical engineering and did a little of architectural design. I guess where would I start?

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about but if you could help me. I love vaping and went to school for mechanical engineering. I want to combine the two to make some bad ... tanks and coils for the industry. I want to know what online colleges teach this kind of area. I already have an associates in Mechanical engineering and did a little of architectural design. I guess where would I start?
More than likely CAD or CNC Programming degree would be an excellent start.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
as far as chamber design you need a good understanding of fluid dynamics and then to observe and understand how other atties and tanks differ in this aspect, and what makes for a good vape vs a great one. you will probably also need to do your own experimenting with different setups to experience and understand the differences of laminar airflow vs turbulent in actual use, combined with chamber size and volume and coil orientation within this chamber and how that affects the vape as well. the right mindset and understanding combined with experience and observations can get you closer to your goal I think

anyone can build an atty that makes vapor but it's these nuances that affect the vape quality. the better understanding you have of that the better chance you have of making something that will be better than what's already out there. I don't think that there are going to be any college courses specifically designed to address this but these are the main areas of focus I would advise to start with.

of course there is much much more to it than the fluid dynamics alone, but this is the basis that everything else will rest on, if it doesn't vape as good or better than other atties out there then whats the point? are you looking to just design and have something built to your specifications or are you looking to actually manufacture something yourself? this would dictate what other areas of study I would pursue but understanding the basics would be a good foundation for either approach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread