Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Looking for MTL tank with premade ss 316l coils and top fill, for a friend thats getting into vaping.. Most tanks i see out there are sub ohm type tanks. Any option out there that can give you a nice mtl vape and can be used on a temp control device like evic mini?
The Innokin iSub V is top fill, 3 ml (but there is a 5 ml available), uses premade coils in a variety of materials including Ti, SS, and Ni for TC, and has a decent MTL 1.2 ohm Kanthal coil... not sure if there's a TC MTL coil, though...

Although it's not top fill, a lot of MTL vapers really like the eGo ONE Mega tank when used in conjunction with the CLR coils which are available in Ti, and can be easily built with SS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Edi

Sep 5, 2015
ego one mega looks like it could be a mtl tank, but i didnt see any ss coils..

i only use ss coils. the reason is just my feeling from what i read that they are the safest option. i could be wrong on that but for now im sticking with them..

so no tanks like aspire nautilus or some newer version of a real mtl tank but with ss coils?

Reactions: David Wolf

Edi

Sep 5, 2015
so basically not much out there for the mtl people. everything is about cloud chasing. you can find exactly what youre looking for in that segment.. the cubis is no good and nautilus x is just meh.. i ordered the iclear 30s for my girlfriends mother, but no ss coils for that, but doesnt matter because she doesnt have a tc mod.. she's strictly mtl. waiting for it now, hope she will like it..

Reactions: David Wolf

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Agreed totally. Sorry my friend, no luck in that department.

Be a champ and persuade and teach your friend to build.
Maybe you could spend 30 min just making a bunch of coils for them.
Show them how to wick and away they go.
Then they can buy the kayfun lite and top fill like I do, the kayfun 5 with the reducer, kayfun mini v3, phenomenon, the calix, the squape x with the single coil adapter (imo :nah: for buying separately) etc....
The list goes on

They have to build though :(

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I think Kanthal and VW is fine for MTL. Not sure if TC would be a big advantage with low watts. I do both DL and MTL and I am perfectly happy with my cheap Prism T22 for MTL

I'll second that. For a simple round coil over 1 ohm, which is what you'll find for the typical mtl factory coil, there is no real advantage to TC to make it worth the effort. You are already (or should be) using low wattage to being with, and the chances of dry burning a properly primed and broken in coil are pretty low as long as you're paying attention.

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
The pockex coil works well in the nautilus x. Airflow through the .6 coil seems to be about the same as the 1.5 coil. It can get hot on a long pull. I use a tank extender and cleito bubble glass that helps to tame the heat.

I did not play with temp control on the .6.

Do these vape as hot as the regular 1.6 or 1.8 coils for the Nautilus X? And what do you mean by a tank extender? The Cleito Bubble Glass will fit on the Nautilus X?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
so basically not much out there for the mtl people. everything is about cloud chasing. you can find exactly what youre looking for in that segment.. the cubis is no good and nautilus x is just meh.. i ordered the iclear 30s for my girlfriends mother, but no ss coils for that, but doesnt matter because she doesnt have a tc mod.. she's strictly mtl. waiting for it now, hope she will like it..
I doubt any of the Premade SS coils mentioned make a decent MTL vape if you like a tight draw like I do. At least I haven't heard of any yet. I made my first decent SS 0.92 ohm 7 spaced wraps coil 30AWG for my Kayfun Mini V3 clone that vapes nicely MTL.

Reactions: Hawise
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread