Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I got tired of waiting for the 10 pack of coils with sleeve to be available here in the States so I picked up two Estoc tanks. These are very well made tanks that efficiently hold 4 mls in a small size. I have the ceramic coil in one and the clapton in the other, trying to figure out which coil I prefer. So far they are both excellent and I have no preference. One thing that strikes me is that the Clapton coil doesn't need nearly the 40 - 50 watts they claim it does. I get a great vape at 30 watts.

Last edited:

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Also no sign of the sleeves in South Africa either so I also went out and bought a tank... they seem to be getting thier ceramics right... great flavor and easy and quick to prime... still not as good as a well wicked and built Serpent Mini 25 but for a commercial coil they are winners!

NadimAziz

Nov 24, 2016
I already own a supertank mini I love, I would like to know for those that have both the supertank mini and the estoc tank which performs better with the EUC coils? Which tank they prefer and why?

How does the air flow compare?
how do the drip tips compare?
How do they differ in terms of size?

I have already ordered the EUC ceramic coils for my Supertank which I'm looking forward to trying out but am contemplating on ordering the Estoc tank but would only do so if I can find reasons to use the Estoc tank over the Supertank mini.

Thanks

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I have both. On airflow I find them to be the same. The restricting factor is the diameter at the center of the coils more than the size of the airflow slot. The Estoc is a bit smoother draw. The ring does not have settings that click into place like the Super Tank but it is quite stiff to turn and will not move once set. I like the top cap/drip tip combo on the Super Tank but prefer to use my own drip tips which the Estoc allows. The Super Tank is about 2mm shorter without drip tip. With the tip I use they are the same height, however the Estoc holds a full 4 mls of juice compared to the 3.5mls (more like 3 in my tests) held by the Super Tank Mini. Overall quality of the Estoc is clearly better than the Super Tank.
I had originally planned on waiting for the coil/sleeve sets to come out but once I received and used the Estoc tank I bought more and retired my Super Tanks.
Just my two cents.

NadimAziz

Nov 24, 2016
Thanks for your comparison,

Coils I ordered don't come with the sleeve "description stated they did!" so now have a bunch of coils I can't use... I'll probably return these and order coils with sleeve to try out on my Supertank mini first. I am very tempted with the estoc tank but think I'll hold for now as I still have a few ccells to get through and can try out the euc coils for time being.

I too like the topcap/DT combo but hate the stock plastic version so ordered the SS version.

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
I have been using the Estoc's for a little over a month. I have 2 and mainly use them with rx 2/3's. I really like the flavor and simplicity of the tank. The ceramic is lasting me about a week and a half which is pretty amazing as I typically go through coils built and pre-built about every 3 days. I do have a question for others that use the estoc with ceramic coils. When changing the coil I have to literally flood the tank and inner chamber for about 5 minutes to properly saturate the coils otherwise I get an odd and not odd but annoying burnt flavor. I tried all the normal puffs with not firing to leaving overnight for the coil to saturate. I am using a high (80+) vg juice, but seems the same with 65/35 and 50/50. Am I doing something wrong? It was the same with ccell coils as well but I never did have any luck getting those to wick. In general though, I really like these tanks. I love my rtas and rdas, but sometimes you don't want to mess around building, you just want to vape.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Your not doing anything wrong. Don't bother flooding your cool just prime it as usual. These definitely have a break in period that cannot be circumvented. I've tried everything! Takes me about 2 ml to get thru it but then its fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I have been using the Estoc's for a little over a month. I have 2 and mainly use them with rx 2/3's. I really like the flavor and simplicity of the tank. The ceramic is lasting me about a week and a half which is pretty amazing as I typically go through coils built and pre-built about every 3 days. I do have a question for others that use the estoc with ceramic coils. When changing the coil I have to literally flood the tank and inner chamber for about 5 minutes to properly saturate the coils otherwise I get an odd and not odd but annoying burnt flavor. I tried all the normal puffs with not firing to leaving overnight for the coil to saturate. I am using a high (80+) vg juice, but seems the same with 65/35 and 50/50. Am I doing something wrong? It was the same with ccell coils as well but I never did have any luck getting those to wick. In general though, I really like these tanks. I love my rtas and rdas, but sometimes you don't want to mess around building, you just want to vape.

I totally agree with @Major911. I also get an off taste with the ceramic EUC coils when I first install them but it goes away quickly. These coils wick so much better than the cCells do. With the cCells I was actually getting burnt hits but the EUC coil saturates properly. I think it's just a by-product of the sintering process.

I'm not sure what changed with the cCell. I didn't have the trouble with saturation until my last box of coils but of the 3 I used, 3 of them took a lot of effort to prime. I have heard of people dry burning them or boiling them before use to solve that problem but I never tried it. I am really happy to have the EUC coils now that I don't have to mess with to get them to function properly! :)

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I had the same problem with the ccell's and gave up on them I was excited when the euc's came out and have not had a burnt or dry hit. Aside from the break in period the only other issue is after refilling coil is a little gurgly for the first couple of pulls then clears. I had the same experience with the ccell's. Doesn't bother me because the flavor is outstanding and the estoc' simply don't leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
Thank you for the replies :). Maybe that is something for you all to try then as when I complete the saturation I really don't have much of any break in at all. If I am saturating to the point of not vaping the dry ceramic, I am ok with that :) probably waste a ml of juice but at $36 for 280ml from Vape Wild I am really not concerned.

Thanks again,

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I commented much earlier in this thread that Vaporesso was kind enough to send me some of their new EUC coils to try with the Gemini tank I have on hand. I have been using the ceramic EUC for about 10 days now and it is problem free unlike their standard coils I have used in the past. I primed the coil after placing it in the SS jacket and I must say it has performed perfectly from the first hit. I do notice a slight difference in performance from the standard coils in that they provide excellent clean flavor but they produce a slightly drier vapor than the standard coils. One of the things I always found exciting about the ceramic coils was the moist vape loaded with flavor. The EUC coils produce the same great flavor but the vapor is not quite as moist. Considering the problems with many of the standard coils I find the EUC coils to be a vast improvement overall.

I have lots of rta's and standard tanks on hand and nothing can compete on clean clear flavor with the ceramic EUC coils in the Gemini tank. I would also point out that after several days of use it is still as good as the day I put it in the tank. That is something I cannot say about any of my other tanks. Those of us that enjoy building rta's know that after two or three days you must change the wicks to get full flavor. On some builds you have to change daily. No such issues with the ceramic coils.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
So these were introduced on September 13th and we STILL can't buy the coils with the sleeve here in the US. Doesn't make any sense unless......
1) They are having issues with the design or..
2) They decided they'd rather sell more tanks than coils and want to force people to use their tanks.
I'm thinking it must be #2.
Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same thing. It just doesn't make much sense to have announced the sleeves in the first place if they can't be purchased!

Reactions: dennism

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
So these were introduced on September 13th and we STILL can't buy the coils with the sleeve here in the US. Doesn't make any sense unless......
1) They are having issues with the design or..
2) They decided they'd rather sell more tanks than coils and want to force people to use their tanks.
I'm thinking it must be #2.
Don't get me wrong, I'd do the same thing. It just doesn't make much sense to have announced the sleeves in the first place if they can't be purchased!
I think you hit the nail on the head, i've contacted a few us based companies and they have no plans on getting the coils w/sleeves. So is it safe to buy direct from china. (china customs)

NadimAziz

Nov 24, 2016
Took the plunge and ordered the Estoc mega tank.

Having a hard time getting the pure intense flavour from this tank, have gone through 3 EUC coils and have not been able to replicate the flavour I previously experienced with the ccell coils.

I was previously using the Supertank mini with the EUC coil + sleeve and flavour is spot on. Only reason I decided to give the Estoc tank a go is because it's less hassle replacing the coil. I figured it may be the coil but I've changed 3 times and it's from the same pack of coils I currently have in my Supertank mini. I've primed by juicing core of coils and slowly ramping up wattage to allow full saturation of coil but still no joy?!

Must be an issue with my tank as reviews here are all mostly positive. Any suggestions? Anyone else have any EUC coils which simply did not prime, maybe it was just a bad batch of coils?

If I can't resolve i'll be going back to my Supertank setup.

Lesson learned... If It ain't broke don't fix it!

Stereomojo

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
I've had the Vaporesso Estoc Tank for several months now, using the EUC ceramic coils. I use it all day, every day. It's been with me touring all over Europe in freezing temps and 90 degree weather on the Riviera - in my pants pocket, walking for 8 - 10 hours a day. Also many flights including transatlantics in the cabin with me.
It has been used and abused. Here's the thing: NO LEAKS! Not a single drop! No problems whatsoever and I've only had one coil die. Coils have been lasting weeks, not days. I changed coils just because they were in so long. And flavor is excellent. Really excellent. Clean, dynamic with clear flavor identifiers. As good as or very close to expensive RBA's I have but never use now. So easy to fill, 99% of the time with no juice on my fingers at all. And it's 4 ml! This is by far the best tank I've ever had. Closest thing to bulletproof ever for me. It's a joy to use. I'm so confident with this tank, it stays in bed with me all night.....lol. It performs better than many tanks I've had at four times the price or more.

The only bad thing is that they can be hard to find as well as the coils - always out of stock. Now that I'm back in the US, I'm looking for more. (vaping in Europe is almost nonexistent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread