DIY Mod Is This Even Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah I need to build a mod but I dont know how can I make it safe. If I add a MOSFET in that mod will it be safe

Seriously?
You are the safety.

The ONLY way to safely use ANY tool is to fully understand the risks and how the tool operates.....before you operate it.

Repeatedly asking "is it safe?" or "how can I make it safe?" is just asking for validation.
It won't make your mod safe to use.

Honestly I think the only way you can make the mod safe is to educate yourself on the tool you are using.

Not being a choad, just being real.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Do yourself a favor and buy a mod that someone else made.

Why is that?
His concept is sound, it's only a basic mechanical circuit.
The RDA is quite innovative to make from scratch, though I wouldn't use it based on the resin for the catch cup.
Otherwise, with some tweaks it could be a fine project box.

Reactions: EddieAdams

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Why is that?
His concept is sound, it's only a basic mechanical circuit.
The RDA is quite innovative to make from scratch, though I wouldn't use it based on the resin for the catch cup.
Otherwise, with some tweaks it could be a fine project box.

Its unsafe because he obviously doesnt understand the risks associated with the device he built from watching a damn youtube video.
And yes you are right.
He's vaping resin and epoxy.

thank you every one for all your response so now my final thought is that my MOD is safe but not the epoxy used in atomizer and I should add in mosfet and fuse to make it safe and GENUINE HIGH DRAIN BATTERY.

After all the replies THAT'S what you got from this thread?
:facepalm:
Good luck.
You're an adult and free to make your own decisions.
Good and bad.
image.png

RiSK

Jan 16, 2017
Its unsafe because he obviously doesnt understand the risks associated with the device he built from watching a damn youtube video.
And yes you are right.
He's vaping resin and epoxy.

After all the replies THAT'S what you got from this thread?
:facepalm:
Good luck.
You're an adult and free to make your own decisions.
Good and bad.
View attachment 629555
I wont use it anymore BTW I want a Inexpensive Device or a Cheap device, which is the best device to use

Reactions: 4lph4num3r1c

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Cool find on the posts, although for a homemade atomizer it's less important they look like normal posts and regular SS screws would have more options on mounting. It appears a commercial cap was used for the atty, if this had a normal 510 and commercial atty it would be a OK homemade box mod. As it is, it points to the possibility we could work out a good design for a homemade vape out of available pieces in time if it came to that.

Reactions: minimalsaint

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If I add in a Fuse and mosfet with genuine battery it will be good??

I'm not going to say if it Will or it Won't. Because that would have No Determination as to whether a Mod should have Battery Vent Holes. Battery Vent Holes should be Considered Monitory.

I think it is Cool that you want to Build something like this. Building things is Fun.

But Honestly. I think you should Learn more about how an e-Cigarette Mods Works and What can Happen when things go Wrong before you go any farther.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    You provided no specs of the stuff you put together. For this reason, NO, it is not safe.

Educate yourself about building mods and the safety measures you need to install BEFORE building.

Batteries are stored energy, just like a can of gasoline. If mishandled or abused, they may EXPLODE.

Figure out Ohm's law and how it relates to ecigs.

Your original inquiry, and the obvious oversight of pertinent facts to mod building make me fearful of the potential risk you cause yourself and this community. If you haphazardly build something unsafe and blow your face off, we all suffer.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    You provided no specs of the stuff you put together. For this reason, NO, it is not safe.

Educate yourself about building mods and the safety measures you need to install BEFORE building.

Batteries are stored energy, just like a can of gasoline. If mishandled or abused, they may EXPLODE.

Your original inquiry, and the obvious oversight of pertinent facts to mod building make me fearful of the potential risk you cause yourself and this community. If you haphazardly build something unsafe and blow your face off, we all suffer.

this is made from scrap parts... which i noted already, no one is trying to be mean, but damn this is one scary thread.

RiSK

Jan 16, 2017

I have a genuine battery of 3.7 volts and I did a 5 wrap 24 gauge kanthal coil

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread