Status
Not open for further replies.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hi there!

Appreciate very much that I can ask for help here.

Going to try building a clapton with 32awg core and 38awg wrapping. I see on steamengine that it can be built with a single core, but is that good enough? If parallel core, should I twist the wire as I saw Rip Trippers do with each of the wires for the core? Not twisted together.

Skeintastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2016
Fused Clapton?

I just take a long strand, straighten it, fold in half and put that end in my swivel (I use a pro spin 2) and clamp the loose ends in my chucks then have at it)

With 32ga you may have some twisting issues so start with short lengths and keep tight) I also believe in 40ga or higher for the fuse but that's just my preference)

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Fused Clapton?

I just take a long strand, straighten it, fold in half and put that end in my swivel (I use a pro spin 2) and clamp the loose ends in my chucks then have at it)

With 32ga you may have some twisting issues so start with short lengths and keep tight) I also believe in 40ga or higher for the fuse but that's just my preference)

Thanks a lot! Will give it a try before going to bed, and post the result here. :)

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00979KX7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_Tees5fpzTD2VL

Use these for now. They wear after a while but if you link two with a ring it's pretty darn amazeballs.

Bought three Berkley spinners yesterday, I hope they will work.

cameringo_20170111_133356.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread