Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@Vapeyourlungsout I'm sure Vaporesso are well aware of the airlock issue... it's been a problem from the first cCell released. It's not just related to ceramic coils (although it seems to be worst with ceramics) and it's a problem that plagued me with most of the tanks with commercial coils... some people never have the problem... but it has driven me to give up on tanks with commercial coils and now pretty much only use RTA's now.

Asking for a video is just a load of crap... I'm going out on a limb here and saying you are not the first person on the planet to have the issue!

Why the hell they don't just come out and say they are aware of the issue and tell you to loosen the top fill cap...

Same story with thier crap cCells they came out with... they never admitted producing a really bad batch of cCells.

Such a pity because Vaporesso have real potential and some really great products but they dodge issues and don't reply to emails when they know they have to admit an issue exists!

Vapeyourlungsout

Dec 23, 2016
@Rob Fisher Great thanks for your reply.
It's good but at the same also sad to hear that others are experiencing this issue and that vaporesso is ignoring their customers.
Do you mind if I use your reply in my complaint against vaporesso?

In the meantime I am using my [edited] load of euc coils i bought in my melo 3 tanks thanks to the vaporesso sleeve they can fit in melo 3 triton Atlantis.

Thanks a lot for taking the time and the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@Rob Fisher Great thanks for your reply.
It's good but at the same also sad to hear that others are experiencing this issue and that vaporesso is ignoring their customers.
Do you mind if I use your reply in my complaint against vaporesso?

In the meantime I am using my [edited] load of euc coils i bought in my melo 3 tanks thanks to the vaporesso sleeve they can fit in melo 3 triton Atlantis.

Thanks a lot for taking the time and the reply.

Sure you can... I emailed them a couple of times and the replies I got caused me to just give up trying to communicate with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

cloudchaser40W

Jan 7, 2017
hi y'all...

i was having a hard time with dry hits and burnt hits with the vaporesso cCell coils. (ceramic)

after trying a few things...this is what seemed to be my problem:

i got the setup and used it for what was two bottles of liquid. i got somenew liquid and wanted to clean it, for no reason other tha just wanting the bits to be clean. so i had taken the tank (orc tank on a tarot pro) apart and cleaned it and such. i put it back together and after a few sessions, it started to run dry and burnt hits. not much seemed to fix it (i tried soaking the coil etc).

what seemed to be the problem was one of gravity. the top cap was tight (not tighter than normal, but anyways) and as such, no air got in to allow the juice to flow downwards to the coil. it was a kind of vacuum in the tank and the juice just didn't flow into the coils

so i loosened the top cap a bit...not too loose, but loose enough for what seemed to be a bit of room to allow air in there. WA-LA. juice flowing and it has returned the great hits that i was getting. it's guzzling juice pretty hard, but at least its delivering on what it's capable of.

loosen the top a tad and see if that works for you guys. :D

cloudchaser40W

Jan 7, 2017
just to update:

what worked previously (previous post) has thus stopped working.

when it is working, the flavor and vape is amazing. but it's hit or miss, and due to that inconsistency, i think im gonna change tanks/coils. the ORC tank can only take those ccell coils. :-(

...today ive gone through a whole 3.5 ml tank and got very little flavor out of it. where in the heck did that liquid go? maybe i should try eating the coil. i'll post the results.

UPDATE: metal-y taste. silicon and ceramic leaves some bits in between my teeth. but i like the metal crunch. flavor is amazing.

UPDATE: j/k guys

OhioDrK

Jan 3, 2016
I tried one yesterday - did everything right priming, waiting, low wattage to begin and then not past recommended wattage. Only burnt taste and X Cube Mini occasionally showed "Do Not Abuse Protectors" and "Atomizer Short". Today it is in the trashcan. I won't screw around with maybe I just got a bad one - Vaporesso will get no more of my money.

Reactions: Boodaddy

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I tried one yesterday - did everything right priming, waiting, low wattage to begin and then not past recommended wattage. Only burnt taste and X Cube Mini occasionally showed "Do Not Abuse Protectors" and "Atomizer Short". Today it is in the trashcan. I won't screw around with maybe I just got a bad one - Vaporesso will get no more of my money.

Yea, just about the same issue for a lot of people. Vaporesso makes amazing mods, but I will stick to the OBS Engine tank. I'm using that on the target mini, and tarrot nano.

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
I bought a Vaporesso Guardian tank with TAFC and TF because I received such great flavor out of my Target tanks but grew sick and tired of them leaking. Thus far it has been a seriously disappointing experience. I bought a five pack of CCELL-GD 1.4 ohm coils and received one with the tank. I am on number five now and I am having the negative experiences described by many others here. I can't get through one tank! I have soaked each longer than the previous one with the last one getting 24 hrs. It's a shame as I do like the tank. I wrote to them as well and have yet to received a reply.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Vaporesso makes amazing mods, but I will stick to the OBS Engine tank. I'm using that on the target mini, and tarrot nano.

Ok, which Engine are you using? Do you have any overhang? Will it accept single coil (to save battery)?

Personally, in the Guardian tank, I'm getting better results with the Ccell-GD .5 ohm Stainless Steel coil in temperature mode, than the 1.4 MTL coil. I lean more to DL than MTL anyway though.

Last edited:

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Ok, which Engine are you using? Do you have any overhang? Will it accept single coil (to save battery)?

Personally, in the Guardian tank, I'm getting better results with the Ccell-GD .5 ohm Stainless Steel coil in temperature mode, than the 1.4 MTL coil. I lean more to DL than MTL anyway though.

I'm using the 25mm engine on both my target mini, and tarot nano. I am using a spacer on my mini to accommodate it. The 25mm engine is dual coil, but I have seen people do a single coil, and just plug the other wick holes with cotton etc...The Obs Engine Nano is single coil.

I chain vape all day basically, and only have to charge twice. The battery life is pretty awesome.

Check out these posts where I posted images of those. Tarot Nano Here: OBS Engine RTA... or is it an RDTA? Target Mini Here: OBS Engine RTA... or is it an RDTA? OBS Engine wicking here: OBS Engine RTA... or is it an RDTA?

Overhang on the tarot nano is hardly noticeable.

Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I'm using the 25mm engine on both my target mini, and tarot nano. I am using a spacer on my mini to accommodate it.

Target Mini Here: OBS Engine RTA... or is it an RDTA? OBS Engine wicking here: OBS Engine RTA... or is it an RDTA?

Thanks for that, @Boodaddy , but I'd rather find an RTA that fits better. That looks top heavy. LOL! I think the widest I might be able to go on the Mini is probably 23mm due to that little lip on the opposite side of the button controls/510. My goal is to remain small and stealthy, so I will pass on using an Engine on the Mini. Thanks anyway! :thumb:

EDIT: The Mini is 23mm, but it's dual coil... Nope. :mad:

Last edited:

cashrc

Feb 10, 2015
Texas
Im somewhat new to this, so YMMV, but so far, I've had nothing but good luck with my Target Mini and Guardian Tank. The rep at the store where I bought the Target told me to take a few unpowered drags on the Guardian after filling, and let it set a couple of minutes when using a coil for the first time. So far, I'm a happy camper, and the Guardian is working well for me. I think it vapes smoother than the Joyetech Cubis Pro I have as a backup tank, and I really like the Cubis, too. I'm running the stock .5 ohm CCell coils, but not pushing them too hard, 25-27 watts indicated on the Target's display.
Cash

seaCell

May 2, 2017
I've been vaping cCells since the day they showed up on the market and here's the lowdown. Vaporesso's manufacturing process has gone down the ....ter and if you're lucky, 2 out of 5 coils will work properly. The others will clog up within a tank or two of juice. It's not only a question of dry burning them either, it's as though the ceramic pores close in on themselves.

I have a Tritton 2 tank and I did find a partial remedy for the bad coils, but it needs to be repeated every 3 or 4 tanks. This should work for anyone having a tank allowing them to close off juice flow completely.

1. Close off your juice flow.
2. Dry burn it until the coil becomes red.
3. Pulse the coil no more than 1 second and repeat 5 times
4. Quickly open your juice flow

Now you'll notice the bubbles coming out of every hole instead of just one. What you've basically done is expanded the ceramic and allowed the juice to rush in to fill the void.

This unfortunately is to be expected from Chinese manufacturers, they come out with a great product and then start cutting corners to save money. My next purchase will be a coil-less Altus tank by guovape, getting sick and tired of the vaping money pit.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I've used cCells for a very long time but I did end up starting to take them apart and rebuilding them (see my blog and the thread about rebuilding them I did - link is in my blog entry) simply because between 3 of us using them in my house, we were going through these coils very fast, as we were still using store liquid that gums all coils pretty bad and fast, and ceramic is easily clogged. I took them apart, examined them, etc., so I know these coils very well.

I believe that many that are having issues is due to only priming by the top/middle. These coils work via capillary action so you HAVE to fill them from the side, filling them via the feed holes until there is no more air pockets and get the wicking going.

I have a Tritton 2 tank and I did find a partial remedy for the bad coils, but it needs to be repeated every 3 or 4 tanks. This should work for anyone having a tank allowing them to close off juice flow completely.

What you're doing is heating the liquid and coil up, so that it gets more fluid due to heat. You're probably burning any sweeteners in the pores, BUT THIS IS BAD... I'm surprised that 1) you're not tasting the burnt gunk and 2) you are breaking down the ceramic and making it unsafe.

Those air bubbles are due to not having proper priming and probably trapped in there since the start preventing a good part of the coil to be having hot spots.

Ceramic does not expand like you believe, the reach the temperature needed to expand a ceramic like you're saying, it would shatter first and be a health hazard. If you would heat it to that extend, you'd end up burning the cotton layer that's in there (on the walls of the shell) and damaging the shell, including risking damage to your deck/tank..

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I had exactly the same experience with my Gemini cCell tank. When I got a good coil in there the flavor and clouds were amazing. Unfortunately, many of the ceramic coils were bad and unusable out of the box. I gave up and put it on the shelf with some other failures.

Then I got some of their new EUC replaceable coils along with an adaptor for the Gemini tank. As far as I can tell they have completely fixed the problem. All of the EUC ceramic coils I have used work perfectly and last a very long time. In fact, it is the longest lasting coil I have ever experienced from any manufacturer. One coil can last months. The flavor is astounding.

Maybe I just got lucky and ordered a good batch but that has been my experience with the new EUC version ceramic.

PurpleDragon

Jun 20, 2016
Gloucester, MA
I've been vaping cCells since the day they showed up on the market and here's the lowdown. Vaporesso's manufacturing process has gone down the ....ter and if you're lucky, 2 out of 5 coils will work properly. The others will clog up within a tank or two of juice. It's not only a question of dry burning them either, it's as though the ceramic pores close in on themselves.

1. Close off your juice flow.
2. Dry burn it until the coil becomes red.
3. Pulse the coil no more than 1 second and repeat 5 times
4. Quickly open your juice flow

Now you'll notice the bubbles coming out of every hole instead of just one. What you've basically done is expanded the ceramic and allowed the juice to rush in to fill the void.

This unfortunately is to be expected from Chinese manufacturers, they come out with a great product and then start cutting corners to save money. My next purchase will be a coil-less Altus tank by guovape, getting sick and tired of the vaping money pit.

In my experience dry burning the ccel ruins it. I have been exclusively using Vaporesso authentic ccels https://www.fasttech.com/p/5870002 that I get super cheap at Fasttech (available with or without the sleeve) I've gone through about 40 of them and only had one bad cartridge (possibly my error) . Each one lasts about 120ml of juice. I vape at 30 degrees on my eleaf Pico and Pico Mega. I prime with juice and let sit 5 min. I prime the coil starting at 15 degrees then move 5 at a time up to 30.

I have found them to have the best flavor of anything I've tried, and totally reliable. I never get dry hits.

Reactions: ceeceeisme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread