Is my vaping safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abe Cris Lumpan

Jan 20, 2017
Good day guys!
Im new to vaping. Im just wondering if i am doing it safe. I have a kanger topbox mini, im using a 0.5 Sscoil, an using a LG HG2 battery, im vaping it @ 20-30watts only, is this safe? Or im over using the batter?. I just want clarification or any advice on this matter or the more complicated things :) Tnx guys.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! As long as you're using an authentic LG battery, you're absolutely fine. Just avoid "bargains" on eBay when you're getting batteries and you should have no issues. Your current use is perfectly acceptable. And it is good to ask just to be sure. Always better to ask and find out all's good than not ask and have things go wrong. Enjoy your vape!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Good day guys!
Im new to vaping. Im just wondering if i am doing it safe. I have a kanger topbox mini, im using a 0.5 Sscoil, an using a LG HG2 battery, im vaping it @ 20-30watts only, is this safe? Or im over using the batter?. I just want clarification or any advice on this matter or the more complicated things :) Tnx guys.
The safest thing to do is use a battery with the amp rating recommended by the manufacturer then get a name brand from a source that's not likely to sell you a fake. Even safer, use a mod with a built in battery from a reputable manufacturer. Almost all the injuries you hear about involve hard sorting a battery because it was carried loose without protection for the terminals or using a mech mod. If you aren't doing one of those two things get a lot safer.

Reactions: HecticEnergy

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Good day guys!
You're fine. HG2 are great batteries. I use them almost exclusively.

I woukd trust the hg2 as low as .25 Ohms. So you're in high cotton.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Tnx guys. Im just kind of scared of exploding batteries, any advice on that matter.
90% of the time its idiots using a mech mod and trying to pull 35 amps out of a 20 amp battery.

You are using a regulated mod with safety features.

Just check tge battery wrap. If the wrap is tearing replace the battery or re wrap.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
My advice is to always respect your batteries. They can be dangerous, so treat them as such. Buy new authentic batteries from reputable and authorized resellers. Always use a plastic case to store loose batteries. Discard (recycle) damaged or abused batteries. I'd rather be paranoid than hurt.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Use a plastic case to carry spare batteries if you need to do that.

On another note; I don't push batteries to their max continuous discharge rate (CDR), maybe 80%. I just don't push things that I put in front of my face.
Thats why i'm in love with the istick Pico. Should tge battery have an issue and vent.

Since tge battery goes in upside down any gasses from the battery will be sprayed away from your face than in your face.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Good day guys!
Welcome and glad you joined. Batteries can cause confusion.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

Reactions: KurtF

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Agreed with previous posters: check amp rating (continuous draw) and give your self a buffer (stay 20% away from battery max rating). Battery boxes are a MUST when transporting batteries. Don't leave your batteries in a place that it's likely to get hot: the car, next to the stove, the garage (assuming you get temperatures that are outside of the batteries safe temp range). That's about all I can think of with a regulated device. Most also reccomend getting a good quality external charger (nitecore/efest) - some of the cheap charging boards from China (in the mod) have been known to cause problems with your batteries. Happy vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Agreed with previous posters: check amp rating (continuous draw) and give your self a buffer (stay 20% away from battery max rating). Battery boxes are a MUST when transporting batteries. Don't leave your batteries in a place that it's likely to get hot: the car, next to the stove, the garage (assuming you get temperatures that are outside of the batteries safe temp range). That's about all I can think of with a regulated device. Most also reccomend getting a good quality external charger (nitecore/efest) - some of the cheap charging boards from China (in the mod) have been known to cause problems with your batteries. Happy vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As one must consider all possible hazards that can occur, add don't use your mod after dropping it in the pool to the list. It's impossible to figure out all the things folks can do which will defeat every known safety mechanism in place. And that goes for just about everything in our environment, not just vaping.

I agree at least the obvious basics should be followed like don't get your batteries hot then press the fire button, and always keep loose batteries in boxes of silicone sleeves. That's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread