Parth

Nov 8, 2016
Reactions: Darth Omerta

misohoni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Sunnyvale, Sydney Australia
Geek Vape Ammit, Easiest RTA that I have owned to build on & wick, Tons of flavor & loads of clouds - favourite RTA that I've owned so far
dQRbuda.png

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
EVCigarettes.com has the EHPro Kayfun Lite + (in gold color) on Blowout Clearance for just $7.00! I've bought several from them, and others on here have too, when they were much higher priced! If you want one though...better act quickly. They'll disappear fast at that price!

Kayfun Lite Plus RBA Clone by EHPro

Was easy for even me to learn coil building on, and I'm 60+ years old! Just learned how 2-3 months ago! Also, it comes with the gold plated stainless steel tank, the short plastic tank section, and a larger plastic tank section. So, you can change it up if/when you want to.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I want to get a rta any suggestions on a good one to start with that doesnt come with a huge price tag:thumbs:

What type of Features are you looking for?

Flavor vs. Clouds ?
Single vs. Dual Coils ?
Tight vs. Airy Draw ?
Compact vs Large ml's ?

Stuff like that.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Reactions: Eskie

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Guidelines: check out reviews (watch others build on it and complain, then try to mimic some easy builds first).. find something easy to build on and easy to wick... you can get to crazy tight build spaces later, but starting it's nice to have room to work... better yet, start with an RDA (preferably with a single coil option) that gives you plenty of build space and the wicking is way less finicky in my experience.

All that said I started re building protank heads and haven't gotten an rta in a while. Hope my painful learning experiences help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
You like a big tank vape or a small one? If you aren't sure then I'd suggest you plan to buy at least two to decide.
Big - Aromamizer, Boreas, Billow, Avocado
Small - Theorem, Serpent mini
Medium - Crown 1
The only reason I haven't mentioned lots more, including those being recommended above, is that I've forgotten them or just have no experience with them. There are very few popular tanks that are not good ones.

What you build on any RTA is just as, if not more important, than the tank itself.

Reactions: HecticEnergy

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
IMO the Theorem is a decent tank - that said, i'm not a fan of the airflow adjustment process (you screw the top down onto it, you won't come off your setting, but fine tuning it sucks..), if you don't get the wicking right you'll either get dry hits or swampy ones (girgling, and essentially boiling the liquid on the coil) - but that goes for any RTA IMO

I've built on kayfuns for a while, wicking is just as finicky (and much harder to adjust on the v2 mini than the theorem), and it's a tight build space - but over all vaping for MTL is great! Flavor is awesome too :)

Again, I advocate for starting out on a dripper (RDA) so you can play with builds for a while and get the idea of how to wick/build consistently until jumping into RTAs where you have more variables to play with. These days I mostly drip or use prebuilt heads because i'm too lazy to fuss with an RTA.. solves most leaking problems too - juice the RDA, vape it dry, lock the mod, go on your way... though tanks are as leaky as they used to be.

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread