I was given a mech .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi folks I'm not new to the vape world but I am a complete greenhorn when it comes to tube mods.
Anyway, I got a sweet deal ( almost free )on a CAM Patina mod and was wondering if any of you good folks who are familiar with this hybrid pass along any pros 'n' cons on this mod .
I'm o.k with the battery side of things ( been studying for quite some time on the tech / math side of things , can't say in all honesty it was fun but very interesting and had to be done ).
Would take pics but it's in the mail ,,,, as they say,,,lol.
So my ? is,,,,, is this a decent mod to start out with ?
Yup it's a hybrid , so i'll be careful !!! ( famous last words huh !!:shock: )

Thank you all , have a good one,,,,

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Oh ,yeh forgot to mention that part, well I plan on mixing it up a bit as far as atty's go ,, I have a Hadaley, Recoil , tsunami, and a Twisted messes squared.
But these are 24mm I believe so I will have to get a couple of 22mm's for it.
I generally don't run my Alien mod over 45W and I build my coils ( twisted Kan ) at around 0.3 - 0.5 Ohms , somewhere around there anyway .
But I'm all ears,,,lol
OH I have some 26g 316L SS wire coming , thought id'e give that a try.

Reactions: DoubleDZA

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
The VTC5A is a nice battery.

A .3ohm build will give you a nice 48W to 35W slide. Keeping coil mass low always helps when learning to build for a mech. If you're enjoying the vape best for the first couple pulls, build with less mass or lower resistance. After ten or so pulls, the voltage flattens out for the fat section of the slide. That's the place to target your build.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
The VTC5A is a nice battery.

A .3ohm build will give you a nice 48W to 35W slide. Keeping coil mass low always helps when learning to build for a mech. If you're enjoying the vape best for the first couple pulls, build with less mass or lower resistance. After ten or so pulls, the voltage flattens out for the fat section of the slide. That's the place to target your build.

This is ( for me ) the part of mech building I'm going to enjoy the most, apart from the vape itself.
A little tweek here and there to find the sweet spot, without creating a potential problem ofcourse.
On a side note I think I'm liking single coil builds I put one on the Twisted messes last night ,,, 0.46 Ohm adjusted to single coil airfow on atty and I'm liking it .
Appreciate it Verb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread