Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Didn't install and take a pic, but I peeked...
2 things:
1 - squeeze bottle has no cap, no threads FOR a cap...
2 - squeeze bottle has slightly larger diameter - which, by the way, I think is the main issue with the setup. When you press the bottle, it's got no where to squeeze TO - if there was an extra mm or so to the side, the bottle could "flatten" - as it is, the battery is right there providing extra resistance against your squonk.

Not saying it can't work...just thinking what we might want is a bottle that's actually a touch narrower than the FIB...

Ok..... whos got a pico squeeze? Wanna help with an experiment? Try that bottle in the frankenfake and post a pic, if its no good let us know.

Last edited:

Sickbabies

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2016
New York
Not saying it can't work...just thinking what we might want is a bottle that's actually a touch narrower than the FIB...

The 6ml Soy Sauce bottles are a little narrower and just as soft. Got mine in the other day and they need orings pretty much everywhere but they work well once you seal them up.

Reactions: Train2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hmm - I had a little square bottle lying around from a long time ago, but it's kinda stiff.
Must be different - where did you get yours?

The 6ml Soy Sauce bottles are a little narrower and just as soft. Got mine in the other day and they need orings pretty much everywhere but they work well once you seal them up.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Wow... ordered one of these in red as my first BF mod and happened across this thread.

Y'all are way more technical than me!

Glad to know it may need some modifications. Waiting on the shipment, so we'll see when it gets here.

Hopefully if I do end up needed some mods, you guys will be able to talk me through em!

Anybody have thoughts on the rda that comes in the kit? Comparisons to other common BF RDAs? Figured I'd use it as is for a bit then decide whether or not to customize.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
Wow... ordered one of these in red as my first BF mod and happened across this thread.

Y'all are way more technical than me!

Glad to know it may need some modifications. Waiting on the shipment, so we'll see when it gets here.

Hopefully if I do end up needed some mods, you guys will be able to talk me through em!

Anybody have thoughts on the RDA that comes in the kit? Comparisons to other common BF RDAs? Figured I'd use it as is for a bit then decide whether or not to customize.

The rda it comes with aint bad. Bottom air, velocity deck with fat post holes (will take fat claptons) ,22mm, 510 or wide bore, i pulled the spit guard that comes in it (it screws out) i ground the squonk pin down to deck level (it sits up about 6mm too tall) but the box as stock isnt bad. It cost me $8 roughly to upgrade (cost of 510 and a small bit of silver, and not more than $1 when i find a bottle)so for $30 you get a sweet, super small ,high functioning, mech squonker

Reactions: faeriekitsune

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
f1.jpg
I have been thinking about replacing the contacts in the frankenfake, anyway I wanted to know what the actual contacts in the mod are made from, at first I thought they looked to be steel but I have read online that Kindbright used Phosphuros copper which is silver plated, anyway I removed the contact and lightly sanded the silver coating off the underside and it looks to be copper underneath.
So the question arises is it worth changing the contacts?
Also the IACS rating for .925 silver is 96% and copper is 100% versus .999 pure silver which is 105% according to this you would have to use the .999 pure silver as contacts to get an improvement in performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaFuzz

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
A better bottle for me is the Virgin Vapor 5ml sample bottle. I bought a bunch a while back for 50 cents each on close out at a local shop and tried a few then the rest sat in a box.

You have to cut the tip to get a hole big enough for the tube to fit, then you thread a 510 grommet up the tube into the cap for an air tight seal.

Fits great and squonks like it should have out of the box.

Reactions: ThaFuzz

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Another easy fix is to take a nail file and thin the existing bottle. It becomes much softer after a few minutes of work. Then add a 510 grommet (bought a bag of them cheap from FastTech
SKU 1886602) to the metal cap before threading the supplied tube back in. It's a snug air tight fit this way.

Last edited:

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Not a major issue, but I noticed the plastic on the door and outside corners are starting to flake. Tiny black chips are flaking off and leaving white spots. I don't think I'm hard on my mods, so to see this after a few weeks is a bit disappointing. For the price paid, not a big deal, it still produces vapors.
What does the material under the color seem to be? ABS plastic or such? Could it be reconditioned and recolored? Painted or something?

I was hoping since these were plastic, it was at least dyed color in the plastic itself, not a top coat type.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
One thing I found after thinning the bottle (no, not leaking) is the button was harder to push. The stiffness of the bottle supports the metal positive connection.

I cut and old credit card the length of the bottle and fit it next to the metal and bottle to regain that stiffness. Button is easier to push again and is getting a softer feel after a couple days of use.

Break it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread