• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Vape Laws for Tasmania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
The Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services has totally gone apesh..t not only are they wanting to regulate the sale and usage of vapes but also force vendors to pay a ludicrous licencing fee. Considering that there are only four shop front vendors in Tasmania and the administrative costs in putting this legislation into place one would think that the legislators in Tasmania definitely have three heads and no brains. The full Regulatory Impact Statement is Found Here.

To recover licencing fees from four shop front stores in Tasmania is estimated to cost the Tasmanian government $52,000 and the eventuality of more vape stores opening in Tasmania are very slim as most like everywhere else not only in Australia people shop on line. Tobacconists in Tasmania do not sell vapes as it seems from what some told me they are prohibited from doing so by their wholesalers until such times as tobacco companies release their own and they will only be limited to selling their brands. (Restrictive Trade Practices?)

The most sensible approach would be option 5 of the RIS

No need for licences and if they do not comply with the restrictions of sale of these products the Director of Publlic Health would simply shut them down. The part of identifying retailers is very simple all they would need to do is submit the details of their business to the director.

Licencing fees on top of what vape shops anywhere now pay out would naturally be passed on to you the end consumer. As it is now shop front vape stores are not an expanding business as all are awaiting the decision of the TGA as to if low content nicotine e-juice will be allowed to be sold openly in Australia from what I read there will be an interim report available for comment in February 2017 and will invite further comment but I am not optimistic about its outcome.

Silka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2015
Australia
Hi, so sorry that is happening in Tassie. I know the NNA AU have been spreading the word and taking some action. Wishing you the best in your fight - The best thing you can do is try and unite Vapers in your state and request meetings with members of parliament to put your case forward. Bulk letters, posting on FB and Forums are great but little is achieved by it. Take direct action and tell your personal story along with your story as a Vendor wishing to help smokers.

Reactions: Acer50

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
This came to my attention just as I was moving house, so I couldn't give it much energy at the time. I notice there is a consultation process for businesses, is there any way to have input as a vaper? I personally don't have an issue with banning vaping in areas where smoking is banned, but if they ban vaping altogether it would be a real problem for me, I don't think I could stay off the nasties...

Reactions: Acer50

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
This came to my attention just as I was moving house, so I couldn't give it much energy at the time. I notice there is a consultation process for businesses, is there any way to have input as a vaper? I personally don't have an issue with banning vaping in areas where smoking is banned, but if they ban vaping altogether it would be a real problem for me, I don't think I could stay off the nasties...
The submission time has cĺosed. Nothing much has happened. As far as I am concerned vaping is an alternative nicotine replacement meds and should be used as any other med on the market as needed or required. It is not smoking and no non vaper is harmed by it. I for one would love to test any anti vaping legislation put forward by these asshats in a law court and will bait the bear. So far the bear is not taking the bait.

Sent From Anywhere I am

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Hi, so sorry that is happening in Tassie. I know the NNA AU have been spreading the word and taking some action. Wishing you the best in your fight - The best thing you can do is try and unite Vapers in your state and request meetings with members of parliament to put your case forward. Bulk letters, posting on FB and Forums are great but little is achieved by it. Take direct action and tell your personal story along with your story as a Vendor wishing to help smokers.
The NNA is not as they claim, a representative national body of Vapers in Australia. They are nothing more than a private clique or inclub if you please with their own agenda and self interests.
Their president is nothing more than a medical registrar at a country hospital and not even a fully trained GP.

Membership of the NNA is not open to the general vaping public nor are its committe members elected by the Australian Vaping Comunity whom they have the audacity to claim to repesent.

It has been suggested by others that one of their supporters is a vendor / manufacturer of vape juice ; that the NNA's push for nictine vape legislative approval is based on personal financial / future businesses investment interests of their so called "squeaky clean " organization.

I and members of my immediate family are vapers and so are quite a few of my friends and aquaintances. Tne NNA does not represent us or our views or needs. If the truth be known not one of us has even in Melbourne been aproached by this Phantom NNA and surveyed as to our opinion of any anti vaping legislation.

Yes indeed they do have a forum but I am not prepared to go into cross forum bashing. Try to discuss your views or opinions on that formum and if it that discussion cuts too close to the bone then your post is moderated / censored and if your persist with opinions and posts that that are detrimental to the views and opinions of the NNA you are banned.

Yes the NNA made applications to the TGA for standardized nicotine e juice and many interested parties made their submissions for the same.

However until the NNA become an accredited democraticly elected representative body of the consensus of opinions that vapers across Australia have the NNA remain nothing more than a private Cliquey club of members only and by invitation ONLY

Sent From Anywhere I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread