• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My card for the day is the 2 of Wands.....
700ce50a9890ff118ac4b929561ac863.jpg
81f497eb7c482caee10fe70379f57333.jpg

The Two of Wands takes the spark of inspiration from the Ace of Wands and matures it into an actual path forward. Thus, the Two of Wands is all about planning and progressing. You have been able to take your idea and turn it into a feasible plan that you know will lead to your success. It is no longer just an idea but you now have a plan in place to ensure that your idea is carried out as you had intended.

The Two of Wands is also about discovery, particularly as you step outside of your comfort zone and explore new worlds and new experiences. It may take some courage to take the first step but this card gives you the confidence of self-knowledge. You know what your goal is, what your creative process is directing for you, and you are confident in its eventual fulfilment.

The Two of Wands indicates that you will begin to consider your longer-term goals and aspirations and will plan ahead for what you need to do to achieve these goals. You have already come so far but now you feel it is ready for a change, this time with your long-term future in mind. You may be considering overseas travel, further education or a major career change at this point in order to expand your learning and development, and to grow your horizons beyond your immediate environment. With careful planning, and a moderated approach, you will set yourself up for success in the future.

The Twos in Tarot often represent decisions of some sort. In the case of the Two of Wands, you are making a decision between sticking with what you know, or expanding your horizons and taking a risk. You know that the world has to offer you something ‘bigger’ or more meaningful, yet you are also aware that in order to maximize on this opportunity, you must leave your familiar grounds. Even though you have already invested a lot into your current circumstances, for you to be able to grow and to maximize your potential, it is imperative that you step out into a new world and explore your options.

This card shows the patience and focus of your intent. You have got the ball rolling and have started out on your journey, so now it is time to patiently wait for your rewards and watch as your ideas begin to materialize.

Reactions: tiggerrts

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
il_570xN.275214295.jpg

Magickal Uses of Devil's Claw

Magickal Uses: A Powerful Exorcism and Purification Herb, it is burned on charcoal to cleanse your house of negativity, or when casting a Magick Circle to clear any residual negative energy and create pure space for your magickal work. This is a great herb to burn when moving into a new home to remove the residual energies of previous tenants. It has powerful protective qualities and as an amulet, placed near door ways, may protect against unwanted intruders. The seed pods of Devil’s Claw, named for their threatening shape, make excellent protective charms. The shape of the pods is suggestive of protection.
They are designed for clinging to the feet of large animals, which suggests a use for binding as well.

Apparently, the plant also produces an unpleasant smelling caustic mucus from its leaves that protects it from predators.

Most of the time, the magical properties of a plant can be determined from its physical properties. Caustic and threatening plants are protective; anything poisonous or thorny.

It is easy to see why this botanical curiosity got its reputation. With the recurved claws which catch and hold, it is seen as an aid to get you what you want. The whole plant is sticky to the fingers, so that contributes to the association of “getting something.” While Lucky Hand is also used similarly, I think of it as getting something you never had, whereas Devil’s Claw, with its claws that re-curved back towards you, seems more appropriate for getting something back which you once had, as in lost or stolen items.

Devils Claw Root is a plant associated with exorcism and is a valuable protection against evil and the devil.

From another website..........
Devil's Claw is associated with protection, dispelling unwanted company, and confusing enemies.

See more at: Dried Herb - Devils Claw Cut - 1 oz. for Spells & Rituals | The Magickal Cat Online Pagan/Wiccan Shop

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My last 3 cards were 4 of Wands, 7 of Wands and today it the Tower....not my favorite card. and it reminded me of a song...I posted in here....
..The Blue and RTS thread
0fe5a195bdcd921141e4c7f52691b294.jpg
b9f871bbb0a638cbfde1ab433406e7b8.jpg

How many times have you sat safely within the narrow confines of your life, comfortable in your current thoughts, beliefs and expectations? Then, out of the blue, something ‘shocking’ happens that completely destroys your picture of peace and harmony. It blows your mind or throws you for a loop. There is a sudden realisation that your comfort was based on an inadequate foundation of false thought, belief and action. This is a humbling, frightening but necessary experience.

When you see the Tower in a reading, you may feel afraid, shaken and insecure. It is a time of great turmoil and destruction as you seek to understand how you could have been so wrong, so naive, or so blind about a particularly situation. And now, what will you do and how will you manage in the face of this shocking truth? You may be experiencing sleepless nights, depression, grief, anger and confrontation. These are normal reactions to major changes in your outer and inner worlds.

A Tower experience is any experience that shakes the foundation of your current sense of security and/or forces you to question your strongly-held beliefs, perceptions, attitudes and behaviours. It may be a divorce, death of a loved one, financial failure, health problems or job loss, or any event that penetrates to the core of your inner being, affecting you spiritually, mentally and physically. It is often descriptive of a major upheaval, disruption, emergency or crisis, and is likely to bring chaos in the aftermath of such an event.

If the Tower appears in your reading, ask yourself, “What structures in my life are breaking up?” No doubt you will already be very aware of where there is turmoil and destruction but sometimes it can be on a more subtle or subconscious level.

The most important aspect of the Tower is that with any destruction there comes creation. Thus, the Tower card represents an awakening and is about inspiration, freedom, reality and the release from bondage. It is a truth and honesty card that comes as a bolt of lightning to you through a shocking and impactful life event. It represents a necessary experience that forces you to get out of your comfort zone and to grow beyond your present level. The sudden destruction of the Tower represents the immediacy of change, and the often disorienting effects of that change. Once you hit rock bottom the choice is yours. You can revert to the self-defeating, restrictive Devil, or reach for the transformational and inspirational Star. When you begin to reach for the Star, you will come to realise that your true security and strength lies within yourself and your relationship with the Universe, and not in some false belief system or artificially-created world. Following a Tower experience, you can rest assured that you will grow stronger, wiser and more serene as you begin to develop a completely new perspective on life that you did not even know existed. These moments in time are necessary for spiritual growth and enlightenment. Truth and honesty will bring about a positive change, even if you must experience pain and anxiety throughout the process.

The Tower also represents the inner and outer structures that you have built. These structures represent your personal defences, defences that create a more socially acceptable ‘you’ by hiding your true, inner thoughts and feelings. It is like laughing politely when your boss tells a joke, or, on a deeper level, disguising your sexual feelings, particularly if you feel that they are socially inappropriate. In times of great pressure and stress, these structures will be tested and are at risk of shattering, finally revealing your true inner self to those around you. So, you need to be very careful how much of yourself you attempt to hide, knowing that one day, all will be revealed.

The Tower therefore asks you to break down the structures that you have surrounded yourself with. This can be a painful and difficult process if you resist against the external forces that are pushing you to reveal more of yourself. Breaking through this pretence can cause a great deal of anguish but remember that the Tower will fall, whether you like it or not, because you have reached your limits in this area and can no longer live with it.

Similarly, the Tower can signify your ego and the illusion of considering yourself to be superior to others. When the Tower of ego, deception and illusion is destroyed, you are free to face truth and reality without the trappings of false attachments. Are you undergoing a major shift in consciousness? Are you beginning to see things in a new way? Embrace the opportunity to accept change and move forward into a more positive psychological state, where personal freedom is the rule.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And heard this is called Angel month.
I hadn't heard that one before....where did you get that from?
the Farmers almanac says:
– Full Pink Moon – April This name came from the herb moss pink, or wild ground phlox, which is one of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring. Other names for this month’s celestial body include the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and among coastal tribes the Full Fish Moon, because this was the time that the shad swam upstream to spawn.
Full Moon Names and Their Meanings - Farmers' Almanac

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
I hadn't heard that one before....where did you get that from?
the Farmers almanac says:
– Full Pink Moon – April This name came from the herb moss pink, or wild ground phlox, which is one of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring. Other names for this month’s celestial body include the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and among coastal tribes the Full Fish Moon, because this was the time that the shad swam upstream to spawn.
Full Moon Names and Their Meanings - Farmers' Almanac
I would be hard pressed to find it now, happened upon it today. Will search tomorrow.

Reactions: liblue1

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Numerologist.com
Happy heavens, April is finally here!

Late in the dark night, your Archangels gracefully arrived by your side ready to shower you with their divine guidance and love over the next 30 days.

Are you ready, ...?

We hope so, because we have a very exciting announcement to share with you! Here it is...

To celebrate Angel Month, this coming Thursday, April 6th at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern, our favorite Intuitive Numerologist, Kari Samuels, will be hosting a live Full Moon Angel Activation call.

→ LIVE FULL MOON ANGEL ACTIVATION: Claim your spot now.

On this exclusive call, Kari will gently guide you through her profoundly powerful and little-known Angel Activation ritual for effortlessly healing your fears, releasing old identities and emotional entanglements, and raising your abundance vibration…

With a little help from none other than Archangel Michael, the most powerful Archangel of them all...

And it couldn’t have come at a better time.

April 6th is an 11 Universal Date (April 6, 2017 = 4 + 6 + 1 = 11), the number of lightning fast manifestation. The #11 opens a gateway of light between the spiritual and material world, making it that much easier for your Angels to reach you...

And, the call is on the 6th day of the month, which just so happens to be the number of love, the language of the Angels. That’s not all…

The #6 also corresponds with your heart chakra and the planet Venus, which rules your self-worth, love, and prosperity!

Sure, you could call this a cosmic coincidence… but nothing is coincidence with your Angels around.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To celebrate Angel Month, this coming Thursday, April 6th at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern, our favorite Intuitive Numerologist, Kari Samuels, will be hosting a live Full Moon Angel Activation call.
Tiggs that's Angel month....& Full Moon Angel Activation.....Not Angel Moon.....All of the names for the Moons have something to do with what is happening that month & usually about the animals or crops.....
I was pretty sure I knew all the names that have been given to the Moon....I have been studying that kind of thing for years...

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Tiggs that's Angel month....& Full Moon Angel Activation.....Not Angel Moon.....All of the names for the Moons have something to do with what is happening that month & usually about the animals or crops.....
I was pretty sure I knew all the names that have been given to the Moon....I have been studying that kind of thing for years...
My bad they say Angel month many times.

Reactions: liblue1

CronesCauldron

Mar 4, 2017
1/14 (dating posts must be a habit now) :)

I spent quite a bit of time last night meditating on this thread and why I should (or should not) be here. This was started by Blue, so, in my opinion, it is her baby, to run as she sees fit. Why should I not be here? Because my belief system is diametrically opposed to anything that requires props (e.g., candle magic, etc.). Why should I be here? Because I am Draconigena. For those of you who are not familiar with ancient Latin, that simply means "dragon born." Now that I have gone that far, I have to explain the original myth. Thousands of years ago, Dragons were not what you see in movies (well, neither were Wiccans, but that's not part of this particular post). Dragons didn't even look like TV/movie dragons, but more like reptilian people (you can draw your own conclusions about that). They had one purpose on this planet: to mentor humans -- because humans were, basically, stupid. No, stupid is not the right word... "ignorant" is more appropriate. You can teach an ignorant person, but you can't fix stupid. Part of my mission on this planet during this particular incarnation is to help people understand things in the best manner that they can, given their current knowledge base and understanding level. And maybe... just maybe, Blue subconsciously invited me here to help her learn to also be "the teacher." So...

You cannot give this kind of answer when you have newbies on your thread. You need to elaborate; explain what this is supposed to do. I would explain how it works, but that would remove the need for any candle at all, so you need to teach why the candle is red and black and what each phase of the candle burning does whatever it supposedly does. Your newbies need to have a reason to go out and buy a reversal candle or they will just be wasting money and not know what vibes to put out while it is burning.

Did that make sense, or should I quietly go away now?
Hogs & Quiches,
Fuzzy

Interesting indeed... The substance of your described lineage reads of similar stuff and feel as does a book I'm attempting to write. Oftentimes, I believe what we imagine that we pull or manufacture from our 'imaginations' has actual substance and holds real estate 'elsewhere.' I do so agree that the spirits that animate our bodies are quite capable and powerful. Learning to believe in and direct that energy, in my opinion, could be one of the 'purposes', if there is in fact any purpose, for our presence 'here.' I am observing this thread, as well. How could I not? The sharing of ideas, thoughts, knowledge, inspiration with others that are interested, wherever we are all found, is an opportunity to grow and learn, as well teach - and shouldn't be overlooked. Although I believe teaching is a very tricky and double-edged proposition and should be approached cautiously and from the rear ;) ... Blessed be

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Interesting indeed... The substance of your described lineage reads of similar stuff and feel as does a book I'm attempting to write. Oftentimes, I believe what we imagine that we pull or manufacture from our 'imaginations' has actual substance and holds real estate 'elsewhere.' I do so agree that the spirits that animate our bodies are quite capable and powerful. Learning to believe in and direct that energy, in my opinion, could be one of the 'purposes', if there is in fact any purpose, for our presence 'here.' I am observing this thread, as well. How could I not? The sharing of ideas, thoughts, knowledge, inspiration with others that are interested, wherever we are all found, is an opportunity to grow and learn, as well teach - and shouldn't be overlooked. Although I believe teaching is a very tricky and double-edged proposition and should be approached cautiously and from the rear ;) ... Blessed be
Welcome and feel free to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread