Wotofo The Troll RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Because when you open the top cap and refill, the atmospheric pressure will be added to the wickholes.
Just use some more cotton.
I tried that bud thanks,but there's only so much cotton you can stick down those holes,if you get too much in there it does not wick very well,do you have a troll? How are you wicking yours up if you don't mind me asking?

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Thanks vexx,but that's exactly what my wicking looks like and still it pukes out juice when I fill it:-/ thanks for your help bud I really appreciate it;-)
You have the cotton sticking through the deck like in his pic?
I got a troll 2 days ago and it hasn't leaked or dry hit yet. With 2.5 and 3 mm coils at over 80 watts.

Reactions: franck

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
You have the cotton sticking through the deck like in his pic?
I got a troll 2 days ago and it hasn't leaked or dry hit yet. With 2.5 and 3 mm coils at over 80 watts.
I do yes,I've had it 2 days as well and must of rewicked it at least 15 times all with the same results(leaks on refills) and am using 3 mm coils with wicks nice and snug in the coils,I cut them long enough so that there almost touching bottom of deck but not quite,I make sure wick holes at the top are full and not void of cotton but nothing seems to help,I must be doing something wrong if you guys are not getting leaks but I'll be damned if I know what it could be:-/ I've tried using a lot more cotton so that wicks are really tight thru the coils but noticed it did not wick very well and was very noisy when I vaped it so I knew it was too much,as of now it vapes very smoothly but am dreading when it comes time to fill it,there's gotta be a solution sigh:-(

ouzzyme

Dec 23, 2016
I tried that bud thanks,but there's only so much cotton you can stick down those holes,if you get too much in there it does not wick very well,do you have a troll? How are you wicking yours up if you don't mind me asking?
If you are Kind of sure you are putting the right amount of cotton in the wick holes then maybe try a bigger diameter coil and rest some cotton in the deck like in a rda? The resting extra cotton could work like a buffer when you refill and get some juice into the chamber.
I don't have the troll yet, but I might get one since many had praised it.

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I do yes,I've had it 2 days as well and must of rewicked it at least 15 times all with the same results(leaks on refills) and am using 3 mm coils with wicks nice and snug in the coils,I cut them long enough so that there almost touching bottom of deck but not quite,I make sure wick holes at the top are full and not void of cotton but nothing seems to help,I must be doing something wrong if you guys are not getting leaks but I'll be damned if I know what it could be:-/ I've tried using a lot more cotton so that wicks are really tight thru the coils but noticed it did not wick very well and was very noisy when I vaped it so I knew it was too much,as of now it vapes very smoothly but am dreading when it comes time to fill it,there's gotta be a solution sigh:-(
On your next refill just make sure close the afc, don't overfill it, and right after you get the top cap on after filling open the afc and vape on it. It might gurgle a little bit will clear up after a pull or 2.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
On your next refill just make sure close the afc, don't overfill it, and right after you get the top cap on after filling open the afc and vape on it. It might gurgle a little bit will clear up after a pull or 2.
Will do,was about to ask if you guys closed off your afc? I was going to try leaving it open lol,I'll try anything at this point,just refilled it making sure to leave an air bubble,closed it up even flipped it upside down wile opening it up and when I opened up afc it ...... out juice out both air holes,cleaned it up and now it works great but it's always half empty due to the juice I loose out,it's driving me about insane cause I really want to like this tank but the leaking man oh man,thanks for trying to help me out guys;-)

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I just put new coils in mine. 2.5 mm. Wicked with sally beauty rayon. I use a 2" piece tore in half. A little tight in coils. Comb it out a little. Pull it over side of deck by juice holes or edge of wall. Stick scissors between underside of deck and base and cut the wick at that point. Stick the tails of the wicks into the juice holes. Juice up coil good and fire it a few times. Put tank together and close afc. Fill tank leaving a little room. Open afc. Vape. If using cotton I would wick it the same. I would think it would leak less with cotton than rayon but mine doesn't leak and yours does so I don't know what to tell you other than that.

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Other than the leaking on refill, how is the flavor and vape for you Franck?? Mine is still in the mail.
I've had mine for 3 days. Have put 3 different builds in it between .16 and .18. I use a mech so it takes a couple of builds to find the perfect one. Its super easy to build on and wick for me. Haven't had a dry hit or leak. Watts would be between 80 and 90. My fav build of the three is a parallel 24 gauge n80 6.5 wraps around a 2.5 mm driver. 0.16 ohms at approx 90 watts. Amazing flavour and warm vape with the afc wide open. Lots of thick vapour. With a .18 build I ran the afc about 3/4 open to warm the vape up to my liking. Good flavour but not quite as much vapour for my liking.
Overall I love this rta. Excellent flavour and vape production. Easy to fill. Easy to build on and wick. Holds 5 ml of juice in a compact package. My favorite tank to date.

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
IMG_1920.JPG
It looks good too!

Reactions: Eskie

Raizo III

Jan 14, 2017
Will do,was about to ask if you guys closed off your afc? I was going to try leaving it open lol,I'll try anything at this point,just refilled it making sure to leave an air bubble,closed it up even flipped it upside down wile opening it up and when I opened up afc it ...... out juice out both air holes,cleaned it up and now it works great but it's always half empty due to the juice I loose out,it's driving me about insane cause I really want to like this tank but the leaking man oh man,thanks for trying to help me out guys;-)

Maybe post a pic of your deck so we could see how it could be improved. Sucks that its leaking for you every refill. I use regular japanese cotton so its a bit thicker.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Are you using this on a TC mod and running the tank one dry every time?
No on tc,that was my next question how dry are you running before refill ? I might be refilling it when it's too full therefor pressure is making it leak,I think next time am going to run it so the juice is bellow the chamber and see if that helps out,thanks a lot for all your posts and thoughts guys I really do appreciate it;-) please let me know how low you run your tanks I'll keep my fingers crossed;-)

budd77

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
No on tc,that was my next question how dry are you running before refill ? I might be refilling it when it's too full therefor pressure is making it leak,I think next time am going to run it so the juice is bellow the chamber and see if that helps out,thanks a lot for all your posts and thoughts guys I really do appreciate it;-) please let me know how low you run your tanks I'll keep my fingers crossed;-)
Bottom of deck normally but for me it doesn't matter when I fill it except I don't run it dry.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Bottom of deck normally but for me it doesn't matter when I fill it except I don't run it dry.
Ok thanks,well that theory is out the window as well,I thought that by running it about dry would solve the issue of it leaking when opening it up but no dice,the reason I thought that is because when I rewick it and the tank is empty,when I put everything back together and fill it does not leak one drop,it only leaks after juice goes down and I go to refill,no matter what I do,am so bummed I really thought I had it solved:-(

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Other than the leaking on refill, how is the flavor and vape for you Franck?? Mine is still in the mail.
Hey bud hope you get your package soon,flavor is really good,nice draw to it,a little more restricted then the engine which is perfect for me,but as you can tell from my post am having a hell of a time getting it to stop leaking when I refill:-/ hopefully I can figure it out soon,let me know your thoughts as soon as you get yours built ok;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread