Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Hope everyone had a good week. Hubby worked Valentine's Day but he brought me a vase of flowers home the next day. It was what was leftover from Valentine's the day before. :laugh:

Morgan has some sort of cold or virus. She's been sick for a couple of days now and spent most of today in bed. She seemed a bit better this evening when I took her some medicine. Hopefully tomorrow she'll be even better. Hubby will be home in the morning so I think I'll take the opportunity to go to my parents for a bit alone. I need to pick up a cabinet and a bag full of jeans my sister left for me over there. I have no business bringing another piece of furniture in this house but I've always like this cabinet she's getting rid and it's free so I couldn't turn it down. I'll squeeze it into the master bathroom. Somewhere.

Nothing eventful at work this week. One day wears me out for two days. I'll try to up it to two days maybe at the beginning of March. I know, I'm not trying to whine about working one or two days a week. Really, I'm not. I just don't have the stamina I used to have and it takes me twice as long to do the same thing. I'll eventually get it back up to what I was working a year ago.

I went out to lunch with my sister Thursday. Alone!!! It was wonderful!!!

Afternoon.. Do any of you have any suggestions on photo editing software? I need something that will upload my pics from my memory card and then delete what's on the card..Also I would like to be able to take the background away from the pic...i can't do photoshop without getting a 4 year degree at the local community college. Just something basic..Any ideas?

Have you tried Canva? It's pretty easy but not sure if it has all the features you're wanting. But it's free.

I bought Mrs Punkin some jelly beans for valentines day. She gave me a couple and the next thing I knew I was at the dentist's office getting a crown recemented for a mere $75. No good deed goes unpunished! :facepalm:

Ouch! That stinks! I cracked a tooth on a pork rind one time. Darn thing ended up having a root canal and eventually had to pull it because it cracked all the way up inside my gums. Got a bridge put on and it lasted about 10 years before it went south. The dentist only attached the bridge to one tooth on one side, not both sides like it should have been. This weakened the other tooth and then caused it to crack as well. When all was said and done, I had to have that tooth pulled too because it had absessed. The dentist didn't mention that I shouldn't smoke for a while when he pulled the tooth. I was back two days later with a dry socket. That was horrible!! *shudders!* Now I need a $3000 bridge.

Going scuba diving with the cats..Baths all around.Nothing like brushing mats out of cats fur than a relaxing them with dip in the water....

Ewww! I do not groom cats. I always end up injured in some way. It never ends well for me.

Here we go. This was the dining room, we decided that it should really be the kitchen, because the original kitchen is actually the size of a freaking closet. We had already changed the big window to a better size.
The nightmare as we started:
G7Aa3Z3m.jpg

Of course I decided that we needed another window, and that the new light fixture wasn't going to cut it. The new fixture is still in a box, along with the sink. And the window is hanging out in the living room waiting for a warmish day. The range hood is stainless, but I'm waiting to peel that plastic stuff off until we do the crown moldings.
The picture I just took:
2033nczm.jpg

That's very pretty!

Wow, what a transformation. That is beautiful!

And good Saturday morning everyone. I am back from the (nearly) dead. That stupid cold or flu or whatever it was kicked me around for a week. I took one day off work then went back for the rest of the week, but I was hitting on about two cylinders. The DC consolidation is an ongoing nightmare. The contractors are behind schedule and being pressured and tactfully threatened. My crew has stepped up and we are being held up by the contractors. I have been able to enjoy telling all my team how happy I am with their progress and how proud I am of their hard work. That's been the bright spot in an otherwise carp week.

FV, I kind of agree with Stretchy on this one, and no one ever accused me of being an incurable optimist. I can certainly understand playing it safe, but be prepared for a pull-back to a more sane position. I think vapers have enough muscle and enough friends in Congress these days to pull it off.

Glad you're feeling better!

Reactions: RickMc

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
The hole is for the pot filler, also in a box. :lol:
65kcjWjm.jpg
Your cabinets are beautiful. I would so go with aluminum counter tops. it would match the style and your appliances...and wine cooler.I tried very hard for a reason to buy new cabinets but the ones we have are fine and functional.So I gave them a coat of Old English wood cleaner and voila almost like new cabinets.So far Mr. Crabbypants likes the polka dot curtains and the lighting from hell that he cursed the entire time while installing it and this new floor tile he picked up.There IS a method to his madness with the tile. It's non slip. It's all about the dogs...

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
I'll stop now, my apologies. I'm just super excited to put a kitchen in this hut, finally. Just in time to list it this summer of course. Then I get to start all over. :facepalm:
It's like groundhogs day.Never ending.

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
Wow, what a transformation. That is beautiful!

And good Saturday morning everyone. I am back from the (nearly) dead. That stupid cold or flu or whatever it was kicked me around for a week. I took one day off work then went back for the rest of the week, but I was hitting on about two cylinders. The DC consolidation is an ongoing nightmare. The contractors are behind schedule and being pressured and tactfully threatened. My crew has stepped up and we are being held up by the contractors. I have been able to enjoy telling all my team how happy I am with their progress and how proud I am of their hard work. That's been the bright spot in an otherwise carp week.

FV, I kind of agree with Stretchy on this one, and no one ever accused me of being an incurable optimist. I can certainly understand playing it safe, but be prepared for a pull-back to a more sane position. I think vapers have enough muscle and enough friends in Congress these days to pull it off.
That flu is laying everyone low My daughter got it and she stayed in bed for the first three days. Glad you hear you're coming out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread