Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
A couple of things:

The Radius bottom plate is spring loaded.

It is important to hold it firmly pressed against the polycarbonate body when installing the screws. The screws need to be well and truly tightened down.

The screws will back out if there is any play at all.

Use a glove, if need be, to make sure. These screws can really chew up your fingers.

Number Two...

The 510 needs to be tightened wih a coin.

Overtightening an atty is not such a great idea.

The biggest problem is caused when removing an atty.

It is essential to make sure to only loosen the atty and not the beauty ring.

You will lock up the whole shebang if you start loosening the atty and then inadvertently screw the beauty ring up against the atty base.

This is easy to do because the beauty ring is wider than the 22mm that most mods and attys adhere to. So, when you go to grab the atty, watch out for that beauty ring. It is better to hold the mod and beauty ring firm, and then remove the atty.

I did this once and, as I recall, the solution was counterintuitive, involving screwing the beauty ring even tighter up against the atty base, then screwing it all back down, and holding the beauty ring firm while removing the atty; but don't hold me to it.

The main thing to remember? That beauty ring needs to be down, all the way, anytime there is an atty anywhere near it.

To help with #2....Kindy Puncher sells a very thin spacer to go under 2mm
A couple of things:

The Radius bottom plate is spring loaded.

It is important to hold it firmly pressed against the polycarbonate body when installing the screws. The screws need to be well and truly tightened down.

The screws will back out if there is any play at all.

Use a glove, if need be, to make sure. These screws can really chew up your fingers.

Number Two...

The 510 needs to be tightened wih a coin.

Overtightening an atty is not such a great idea.

The biggest problem is caused when removing an atty.

It is essential to make sure to only loosen the atty and not the beauty ring.

You will lock up the whole shebang if you start loosening the atty and then inadvertently screw the beauty ring up against the atty base.

This is easy to do because the beauty ring is wider than the 22mm that most mods and attys adhere to. So, when you go to grab the atty, watch out for that beauty ring. It is better to hold the mod and beauty ring firm, and then remove the atty.

I did this once and, as I recall, the solution was counterintuitive, involving screwing the beauty ring even tighter up against the atty base, then screwing it all back down, and holding the beauty ring firm while removing the atty; but don't hold me to it.

The main thing to remember? That beauty ring needs to be down, all the way, anytime there is an atty anywhere near it.

To help with #2....Kidney Puncher sells a very thin spacer to go under the atty, 22mm. It is just enough to make it easy to take off tanks without grasping the beauty ring. Plus, it will take up any gap space that you may have between the atty and beauty ring.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hi, please i need a help, a clarification. I took the radius 60 watts but i find that compared to 40 watts i already had there are differences, the material looks more plastic, light and thin and the screen is different,
it's normal?
thanks

You might have different software versions. That's the only thing that might account for a screen difference.

The Ghost White is slightly translucent. You can see through it to a certain degree.

These are the only things I can think of that might account for what you are describing.

What colors and software versions do you have?

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Hi, please i need a help, a clarification. I took the radius 60 watts but i find that compared to 40 watts i already had there are differences, the material looks more plastic, light and thin and the screen is different,
it's normal?
thanks

I have a black 40W, a red 60W and a blue 60W and I don't see any difference at all between the 40W and the 60W. Build quality the same and the screen is the same..

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
To help with #2....Kindy Puncher sells a very thin spacer to go under 2mm

To help with #2....Kidney Puncher sells a very thin spacer to go under the atty, 22mm. It is just enough to make it easy to take off tanks without grasping the beauty ring. Plus, it will take up any gap space that you may have between the atty and beauty ring.

Found 'em ... thanks for the tip.

KP Mod Guard 5 Pack- Various Sizes

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
This is not me, but it is my better half (emphasis on better).

If this does not epitomize a happy Radius fan, I don't know what does!

Thank you for indulging me....this just made me grin!

IMG_0951.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
This is not me, but it is my better half (emphasis on better).

If this does not epitomize a happy Radius fan, I don't know what does!

Thank you for indulging me....this just made me grin!

View attachment 636519
Thumbs uP!!!

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
I have a black 40W, a red 60W and a blue 60W and I don't see any difference at all between the 40W and the 60W. Build quality the same and the screen is the same..

i already had a black stealth 40 w and i purchased a blue graphite 60 w, the body of blue graphite seems lighter and thinner while the black stealth is difficult to say which is polycarbonate, it seems like metal.
the 60 w screen then shows the symbol of the battery and fonts different from the 40 w model

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
i already had a black stealth 40 w and i purchased a blue graphite 60 w, the body of blue graphite seems lighter and thinner while the black stealth is difficult to say which is polycarbonate, it seems like metal.
the 60 w screen then shows the symbol of the battery and fonts different from the 40 w model

The blue and purple we just got a couple weeks ago are the 'same' as the one's we got way back when. No difference in the body. Now the screen is different as the batt symbol is narrow but that's because the new one's have the newest firmware. The 'older' firmware shows a wider batt icon.

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
I haven't used my radius in a while because my buddy had it so I took it back and put my skyline rta on. Man o man I forgot how sweet of a vape this mod is. It's definitely back in my rotation. Going on two years strong with this mod.
20a923a197eaa60a5bac8cce04ad0b02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curious8

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
San Anselmo, CA, USA
Hi All,
I've been smoke free for almost 4 years (yay!) thanks to finding this forum, trying vaping and then discovering the ProVari. I was super bummed out to hear ProVape closed - feels like my life-line to a safe and dependable smoke free life has been yanked away - so sad. What I value most about my ProVari is it's trouble free, reliable, simple and wonderful to hold and look at. I have three 2.5 versions (minis & regular) and use it with a Kanger ProTank 2 clearomizer exclusively - I know this setup must seem simplistic to many vapers but it works for me. I'm not one to futz around or try and rebuild anything - all I have to do is change/charge batteries, change or clean the Kanger coil (single coil 2.5 Ohm), top up on juice and do a weekly ProVari cleaning (including battery tops).

I'm writing to ask for help or suggestions. Recently I'm having to change batteries every 2-4 hours regardless if it's a brand new battery or an existing one. I only use AW IMR 18490s and a Tenergy TN270 Li-ion charger. I tested all my batteries with a recently purchased simple battery tester and they all measure in the good green zone. Before buying a new charger and more new batteries, and given that ProVari PVs may not be available much longer, I'm wondering if I should invest in a Radius. I've never held one and hope I'd like it as much as my existing 2.5s. I probably wouldn't use the variable wattage after initially finding the one I like. What intrigues me most about the Radius is it's built in quick USB charging - I would love not having to charge and change batteries every 2-4 hours. I'd be happy to own another ProVari and willing to make the investment.

So my question is (finally), given all the above info, would the Radius work well for me? Could I continue to use the Kanger ProTank 2? Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for reading. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Whiz

Feb 16, 2017
Hi All,
I've been smoke free for almost 4 years (yay!) thanks to finding this forum, trying vaping and then discovering the ProVari. I was super bummed out to hear ProVape closed - feels like my life-line to a safe and dependable smoke free life has been yanked away - so sad. What I value most about my ProVari is it's trouble free, reliable, simple and wonderful to hold and look at. I have three 2.5 versions (minis & regular) and use it with a Kanger ProTank 2 clearomizer exclusively - I know this setup must seem simplistic to many vapers but it works for me. I'm not one to futz around or try and rebuild anything - all I have to do is change/charge batteries, change or clean the Kanger coil (single coil 2.5 Ohm), top up on juice and do a weekly ProVari cleaning (including battery tops).

I'm writing to ask for help or suggestions. Recently I'm having to change batteries every 2-4 hours regardless if it's a brand new battery or an existing one. I only use AW IMR 18490s and a Tenergy TN270 Li-ion charger. I tested all my batteries with a recently purchased simple battery tester and they all measure in the good green zone. Before buying a new charger and more new batteries, and given that ProVari PVs may not be available much longer, I'm wondering if I should invest in a Radius. I've never held one and hope I'd like it as much as my existing 2.5s. I probably wouldn't use the variable wattage after initially finding the one I like. What intrigues me most about the Radius is it's built in quick USB charging - I would love not having to charge and change batteries every 2-4 hours. I'd be happy to own another ProVari and willing to make the investment.

So my question is (finally), given all the above info, would the Radius work well for me? Could I continue to use the Kanger ProTank 2? Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for reading. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi curious8. I am brand new to the radius family but have been using provari for years.

Will it work with the protank 2? Yes it will because of the 510 connection.

Should you upgrade? Absolutely. I just bought one last week and ordered one for my husband tonight.

I let my battery run out today, by accident, and went back to the v2.5 with nautilus and it was awful. I put my radius battery on the charger to get it up faster so that I could use it again.

I wish I had upgraded when it was first released. I had no idea what I was missing. You will not regret the radius. Get it before it's gone.

I did get a sub ohm tank when I bought the radius so that may be part of the reason that the v2.5 with nautilus didn't work for me as well. But either way it's Provape and it will last a lifetime.

I did just order new springs for my v2.5 because I am having the same charging issues that you mentioned. I am hoping that the new springs is the key to the battery not lasting. They charge fairly quick but the v2.5 says it's dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Hi All,

I run my Radius below 7 watts. I have an aerotank sitting on it right now with a single coil at 6.4w

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Hi All,

It would work for you. But you could get a couple new 2.5's, and some spare springs and be just as happy. This would also be cheaper.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have 5 2.5's and 1 radius. Guess I prefer the 2.5.:thumbs:
Both are great devices!
I have 7 2.5's and 1 Radius and prefer the Radius. Mainly because I can use a Subtank with a 0.5ohm coil. Love all of my 2.5, Classic and P3 mods but the Radius is my favorite! :)

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I missed out, too, on a purple. I also missed the updater for the P3 that was up for sale for like 2 days (my P3's have never been updated). There seems to be a trend starting here....

ETA:
By the way, if anyone else missed out getting updates on a P3, House of Hybrids (Zen) is doing them for $10 each device.

If anyone is going to be in the Oklahoma City, OK area just PM me and I'll meet you somewhere and update your P3 for free.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread