Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Thanks, Lizzie! Looks like you're making progress with Tanka. It does take time and patience though.

At the last class, we had a "sit" competition. Each dog was taken by their owner and made to sit at nine different locations in the arena. The winning dog did it in 30 seconds and got a plush chew toy as a prize. Here's Leo on his third "sit" with Mrs. Awsum doing the honors. He took just under a minute which, for him, was pretty good. I got to do a "look and sit" later, at the end of the class, 'cause Mrs. Awsum was pooped.

I apologize for the crappy image quality. It was under fluorescent lighting. I've got to learn the tricks of the camera on this new phone.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'evenin, Volties.

We had to take some of Leo's toys away from him. He's still teething and likes to chew on "soft chew" Nylabones. Last night he was working on his favorite, a six inch turkey flavored one, and literally bit the end off it. The shank, where he bit through, was about an inch wide and a half inch thick. Now, he only has the large ones to chew on. I hate to think of the vet bill if he had swallowed the end of that bone.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
'evenin, Volties.

We had to take some of Leo's toys away from him. He's still teething and likes to chew on "soft chew" Nylabones. Last night he was working on his favorite, a six inch turkey flavored one, and literally bit the end off it. The shank, where he bit through, was about an inch wide and a half inch thick. Now, he only has the large ones to chew on. I hate to think of the vet bill if he had swallowed the end of that bone.

Teething is a challenge. At least he likes Nylabones. Cash only likes the soft chew Nylabones and no dog I have had really likes the hard ones.

Reactions: Tritium

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Bo liked the hard ones and went through one every month or so, but he had a bunch "in rotation" so it worked out OK. Leo has worked on the hard ones, too, but does like the soft chews. I got him a "turkey and gravy" hard one and he works on it a little every day or so. His all time favorite is the "meatloaf and gravy" and that's a pretty big one so we don't have to worry about him breaking it up. He does peel off major piece,s though, and we have to watch for that on all the soft chews.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
'afternoon, Volties.

We've had two, absolutely, spectacular days. Yesterday started out cold, 24 when I got up, but was sunny and it got up to 67 during the afternoon. So I spent the day inside, doing laundry and cleaning the windows and glass in the doors. Warmer weather makes that chore easier and faster.

Today it started out cloudy but in the mid 50's and got up to 68 this afternoon after the clouds cleared out. Since it was even nicer today, I spent the better part of the day working on the Jeep. It has been giving the warning signs of the alternator, well actually probably the voltage regulator, failing. The regulator is built into the alternator so that meant a new alternator. While I was at it, a new serpentine belt and a new battery went in as well. I hate serpentine belts and the close quarters that exist under the hood of everything other than big rigs. It's al back together and the worst of the grime is off of me.

In my travels, getting parts, I went past a few parks. They were all loaded with overflow cars parked where they shouldn't be causing traffic problems. Lots of folks out enjoying the great weather though, so I guess they can be excused, sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread