TGA Regulation: Australia's looming e-cigarette ban robs smokers of a chance to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperyuan

Dec 27, 2016
"The Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration’s (TGA) recent interim decision to effectively ban nicotine-containing e-cigarettes is a harsh blow to smokers."
--------《The Sydney Morning Herald》FEBRUARY 14 2017

Does anyone hear about this new TGA decision? I think it just controls the sale of nicotine contained e-juice, other than E-juice without nicotine(Am I right?). But it still strongly affects those people who want to quit smoking by using e-cig. Dose anybody who can provide more information about this TGA act?

Here is the link for the interim decision: 2.1 Nicotine

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I am in Australia, and yes the TGA decision was to be expected. However, nothing has changed as far as we Aussie vapers are concerned. We can still import our Nic juice or base from O/S and we have no problem with Customs. I mix my own juice and have been doing so for years. The TGA decision was a big slap in the face not so much for vapers but to big Tobacco who have invested heavily in their own brands of vapes. In Australia our ...... politicians are very guilty of duplicity as I have stated on many a forum that being on one hand they all rave about Tobacco Harm Reduction, tax the bejebus out of cigarettes and tobacco products up to 80% on a packet of stinkies and get good revenue from that. Then they turn around and say that Vapes with Nic is a no no where all current research has thus far proven them to be far less harmful than stinkies. My state for instance wants to put them into the same basket as cigarettes even if they contain no nicotine. This is total B.S. They also want vape vendors with B&M shops to pay for a Tobacco licence even if they do not sell tobacco products, more B.S. this will not affect on line vendors most of whom host their web sites overseas. So there you have it Vapagedon is looming in Australia as to if it really happens remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread