Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I am so sorry to hear Mama Chak is having issues again. I hope she gets well asap.

We got a lot of rain in a very short time frame early before dawn. I cringe knowing more is on the way. One of my hybrid Magnolias not only flowered, but has leaves on it too. Weeds are popping up overnight. This is FEBRUARY. Very strange.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Where is everyone? Tonight I had a nice dinner with my daughter, son, and my new daughter-in-law. I will get to see him one more time, before he is deployed. I am going to write him a bunch of letters. Still, it makes me very sad to know I won't be seeing him for a long time, once he leaves.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Where is everyone? Tonight I had a nice dinner with my daughter, son, and my new daughter-in-law. I will get to see him one more time, before he is deployed. I am going to write him a bunch of letters. Still, it makes me very sad to know I won't be seeing him for a long time, once he leaves.
The entire forum was dead yesterday.

Good morning Army!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I see the forum was dead, good grief.

Chak, update on Mrs. Chak please.

Hula, I'm still waiting on kitty photos.

Woita, I hope everything is going to be good too, thank you. Last night my son filled me on a little more on how I am going to get some type of communication with him. It looks like it will be mainly snail mail. I don't know how fast/SLOW the mail will run. I know he isn't a big letter writer, but maybe being mostly cut off from home, and family, will change that. I think I will write him a letter this week, and send it that way. Then I will see if he gets it, by the time he gets there. Being a newlywed is going to be especially hard on him, being away. Supposedly this is a 9 month deployment.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Wow, no Skype or even cellphone with messaging for your son? Must really be a dark place where they send him to.

I thought the army had Internet throughout.

Sorry to hear that.

just finished up my spreadsheet for last years driving...
68,000 miles
6300 $ in gas
3300 gallons....

averages out to be around 1300 miles per week..

Sounds doable :)
I keep pondering if once we move to the US I should become a commercial driver for some time. Having that romantic image that you get to know the country and the people - would be a nice change to my work-from-home-freelance-isolation.

But I don't have any idea what permissions,licenses and stuff like that one would need. And my brain is actually quite convinced that my romantic image is just that and that I'll be better off continuing to do what I do best.

So, since we seem to have many here driving for a living ... go ahead, shoot my romantic image :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I see the forum was dead, good grief.

Chak, update on Mrs. Chak please.

Hula, I'm still waiting on kitty photos.

Woita, I hope everything is going to be good too, thank you. Last night my son filled me on a little more on how I am going to get some type of communication with him. It looks like it will be mainly snail mail. I don't know how fast/SLOW the mail will run. I know he isn't a big letter writer, but maybe being mostly cut off from home, and family, will change that. I think I will write him a letter this week, and send it that way. Then I will see if he gets it, by the time he gets there. Being a newlywed is going to be especially hard on him, being away. Supposedly this is a 9 month deployment.
KK, I have something in common with your son. I too was a son. And if I went too long without contacting my mother she would let me know in no uncertain terms that it was unacceptable. What a lesson that was! As sons, we get only one mom. And when they are gone we realize in a very stark way that our greatest cheerleader was our mom. No matter how much we thought we loved our mothers, it doesn't impact us near as much as when they are gone. So do your son a favor and insist that he writes you enough to keep up with what is going on in his life. Once a week is not asking too much. And more than just a few sentences. He might be an adult but you're still his mom so throw your weight around and remind him of that. Your boy will never regret it. Trust me.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Woita, I thought so too. He said he could get cruddy internet for way more than it costs here for good service. He will actually be going to two places. One of them will have no communication except snail mail. I know how to get a message to him if there is a family emergency, that of course is the Red Cross. His wife will be keeping me up to speed too, with what is going on. He will probably write her more often than me...lol.

Bronze, you are right of course. I told him once a week phone calls were expected, and he is good about that. Sometimes I'd hear from him more than that, and we had long phone conversations. Once he met his wife though, that dropped considerably, which is understandable. He still called, and he had an alarm on his phone to remind him to call me. Yes, I will insist he writes me once a week. He isn't a writer, but maybe this will change that. If I don't get 2-3 letters a month at least, he will definitely hear about it from his old mama. :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Yeah, it's tough. Where's he going to be stationed this time, Kk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DavidOH

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Mama Chak is in the hospital again - she can't keep any food down. Dr. Want to go in and take pictures...

Not only did they take pictures, they took a chunk of her intestine out! Said they needed to confirm what it was...

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Oh Chak, I am sorry to hear that. I hope the biopsy of it shows nothing to worry about. Hopefully they got it all taken care of, and she finally gets better!

My son will be in desert surroundings. Let's just say the thought doesn't do much for me. (a huge understatement too)

Users who are viewing this thread