Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Just got back from another clay target shoot. Weather was beautiful with a little wind. Much improved score! 49 out of 50. Missed the 2nd target and got ALL the rest... And there were no perfect 50s today. High score with a few others to share the prize money. :)

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Yay for roasting beans! Can I have some?

I cooked rolladin, and am now remembering why I cook it so rarely. If I could only learn to love it like the Germans do it, WITHOUT browning in a hot skillet first. Those suckers boil everything.

I should have done it with hot German-style "potato salad", but made twice-baked potatoes instead. Good thing I'm not German, or they'd kick me out. :blink:

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Just got back from another clay target shoot. Weather was beautiful with a little wind. Much improved score! 49 out of 50. Missed the 2nd target and got ALL the rest... And there were no perfect 50s today. High score with a few others to share the prize money. :)

Hooray and nice shootin'! Are you shooting trap, skeet, or sporting clays? 50 max sounds like skeet, but its been a long time, so I probably disremember.

I bought my kid a few rounds of sporting clays for Christmas at a place in North Carolina near where he lives. He's never shot sporting clays before but he likes trap and skeet, and he's never hunted live birds so I figured he might find it fun.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
We do brown it then boil simmer it in the gravy.:lol:

I thought the traditional way was to make the rolls, then simmer (I should have said boil, actually) it in water...?

The way I learned to make it from my 2nd-gen-from the old country ex-wife's family was to brown it in a hot skillet, then our water over it and simmer it covered. However, they never taught me that it's traditionally made in one long roll instead of small pinwheel rolls, AND that you are supposed to put pickle in the middle as well. I knew I never should have trusted those people....

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hooray and nice shootin'! Are you shooting trap, skeet, or sporting clays? 50 max sounds like skeet, but its been a long time, so I probably disremember.

I bought my kid a few rounds of sporting clays for Christmas at a place in North Carolina near where he lives. He's never shot sporting clays before but he likes trap and skeet, and he's never hunted live birds so I figured he might find it fun.

I have done them all but my favorite is trap and trap doubles. I haven't shot skeet or sporting clays for awhile. Only so much money in the piggy bank for hobbies. :) I use to be pretty good at it but now I don't shoot near as often as I use to. The cost has quadrupled in the last 10 years. I use to shoot 5 days a week from 100 shots up to 400 shot that day. Now shells cost around $5-$7 for a box of 25.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
After browning we take it out of the pan and make a roux with butter flour and salt pepper add 2 cups beef broth stir and add rolladin back in and simmer. When done remove rolladin and boil liquid down till it gets gravy like. Brazed cabbage and mash taters. Now I want some. :lol::lol:

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
We recently signed up for Amazon Prime to get the streaming videos movies and TV shows since we don't subscribe to satellite or cable TV any more. An added benefit to Prime is free two day shipping. What I didn't know was when I ordered some vacuum cleaner bags and filter late Saturday afternoon that it would ship on a Sunday and be delivered on Monday by USPS on a postal holiday! :shock: I guess they are making up for an earlier shipment we never received and had to reorder...

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
In the dark ages here. What do you need to stream? Special equipment like what.
What speed is your Internet? If you subscribe to 5Mbits download .4 Mbits upload you can get either a Roku box or an Amazon Fire TV box and watch movies on you TV as well as listen to music or watch movies on your computer. 5Mbits is probably just fine for Standard Definition shows but if you want High Def (720p) or 1080p you will need a faster connection(10-15Mbit). Netflix or Amazon Prime gives you unlimited streaming data. Just watch out for your ISP rules for max download bandwidth per month.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
My recipe has the pickle so it gets the pickle. Like it or find something else to eat. :lol:

You must have been raised by the same kind of people who raised me. "This is dinner. Eat it...or starve." None of us are picky eaters as a result. :D

We recently signed up for Amazon Prime to get the streaming videos movies and TV shows since we don't subscribe to satellite or cable TV any more. An added benefit to Prime is free two day shipping. What I didn't know was when I ordered some vacuum cleaner bags and filter late Saturday afternoon that it would ship on a Sunday and be delivered on Monday by USPS on a postal holiday! :shock: I guess they are making up for an earlier shipment we never received and had to reorder...

I live within 15 miles of no less than THREE Amazon DC's. I can get almost anything free shipping next day with Prime. It's amazing.

What speed is your Internet? If you subscribe to 5Mbits download .4 Mbits upload you can get either a Roku box or an Amazon Fire TV box and watch movies on you TV as well as listen to music or watch movies on your computer. 5Mbits is probably just fine for Standard Definition shows but if you want High Def (720p) or 1080p you will need a faster connection(10-15Mbit). Netflix or Amazon Prime gives you unlimited streaming data. Just watch out for your ISP rules for max download bandwidth per month.

Also if you have a network-capable Blu-Ray player you can get it that way. And if all else fails, you can stream it on your laptop and if it has an HDMI out, plug the HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV. Like Punkin said, check how much data you get for free from your ISP, as video, particularly HD, is a fair amount of data.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
That's pretty close Rick. In our house it was you will eat it. My sis and I decided not to eat dinner one night (liver *gags*) and had to sit at the table staring at it until Dad sent us to bed. In the morning Mom gave it back to us for breakfast. Cold. OMG. Still didn't eat it. When Dad saw us staring at it for dinner again he took pity on us, tossed it out and took the two of us to McDonalds. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread