Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
I have 7 2.5's and 1 Radius and prefer the Radius. Mainly because I can use a Subtank with a 0.5ohm coil. Love all of my 2.5, Classic and P3 mods but the Radius is my favorite! :)
For obvious reasons, the radius will be better for subohm.:vapor:
But, for someone using a protank 2 exclusively, the 2.5 just works.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Well, if you want to get out from under the battery shuffle, and you want to stick with ProVaris, your only choice is the Radius.

But, if it is only poor performance from your 2.5's you might want to change your springs, and give them a proper cleaning, including the interior contact, just to make sure it's not something you can fix.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
But, if it is only poor performance from your 2.5's you might want to change your springs, and give them a proper cleaning, including the interior contact, just to make sure it's not something you can fix.

This is really important and often overlooked.

One of the older 2.5's that my wife uses daily started to perform like crap. I carefully cleaned off the inside positive contact with rubbing alcohol on a qtip, lubed up all threads with NoOxIt (or whatever Provape used to sell in a tube) on another qtip and changed the end cap - too lazy to replace the spring as I have a few $2 "specials" caps/springs.

Totally different vape. I though the mod was broken, but it just needed a good (10 min tops!) cleaning. Amazing difference actually.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
:laugh: A Radius could change your mind on that. :laugh:

It really is comfy -- and I quite enjoy the larger firing button, 3 button interface, usb charging and yes, even the feel of the poly finish. Oh, yes, it vapes quite nicely, too.

I'm not abandoning my other ProVi's . :wub: I enjoy using them all.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I don't like box modes. And that's where the story ends.

I was in the same boat for years.. When I started vaping in 2009 box mods were non existent.. I withheld until I snagged a Billet Box back in 2013.. After that I still withheld for the most part and continued to use tube mods...

Now I have nothing but box mods and don't have a tube mod left. I thought about snagging a 2.5 from Provari Fuel before they are all gone but I doubt I'd ever use it. I might get one anyways just to have it since once they are gone, they are gone forever..

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I, for some reason, like boxes, and tubes. equally.

I am clumsy and with tube mods I always knocked them over when reaching for them... I liked having them standing upright (habit from my genesis atty days) and 1 in 10 times I'd reach for it on the coffee table, down it would go! LOL

Box mods have extra stability so now I only knock them over 1 in 100 reach attempts.. :D

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
No problem, tho it is getting kind of crowded there. Ewww looking kinda dirty also.

P1020604.JPG

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Beautiful collection. :thumbs:

And just so you know - I really really hate you for that black&red classic. :rolleyes:

Btw, I have just order something new to go with my new 2.5 mini and I can't wait for it to arrive. And when it comes it will be show-off time. :cool:

I don't know is it only me but the more I search for the adequate equipement the more I'm sure that "older" stuff is way much better then new "universal" atties.

There's no good M2L and same time D2L atty, and all this airhole spacers and things are really not an improvement. For me it's the same if someone would made running and hiking shoes in one or summer-winter jacket. All those "get them all" combos are just average solutions. Atty must be made specifically for targeted group of people in order to give something specific that certain vapers want.

Penelope is an old atty in terms of first version and I really love each and every puf on it.

Squape Rs is also old in terms of production year and how things develope fast in the vape scene but for me it's the best M2L atty I have tried to this day.

And now I ordered yet another old but new atty. I can bet it would be great and I will share my impressions nad pics when it arrives.

Long live old school vape. :nun:

Edit: And I forgot to mention Kayfun 2.1 mini, for me the best Kayfun of all and only one I kept, no matter that it doesn't have liquid control, it vapes awesome. And it's not China made as last Kayfun versions. :lol:

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Thanks Moonwalker. You're right about the all in one stuff. On my Reos, I gave up on using the larger atties that were supposedly good for MTL, and DTL vaping. Just close the AFC off more they say, well it's just not the same. For the Provaris, I only use the KFL's mostly. I did add a couple ego ones, and have on order a couple of Wismec Armor's, which are basically an ego one. A good single coil MTL vape.
As far as the B/R Classic goes, glad I got it, then had to get the 2.5 B/R to go with it. I hadn't like the colors much till I had one and actually saw it.
These new fangeled high wattage w/TC and whatever else just don't interest me, they won't do any more for me than what I already use, but to each his own.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I hate that Provape decided to go with colors. They should stop at SS and black. This way they killed a lot of people budgets. :D

My desire is black&red classic which was beautiful from the first time a saw it's picture and white&black P3. Just that and I will stop. There is black&white P3 in stock and i will soon take it. Only problem will be black&red. :sneaky:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Just a heads up for anyone on the fence.. Provari Fuel who was selling Provape's remaining stock after they closed only has red Radius left... All the other Radius colors are gone and all the 2.5's are gone..

Get the red while you can if you are on the fence. Once they are gone, they are gone forever!

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Just a heads up for anyone on the fence.. Provari Fuel who was selling Provape's remaining stock after they closed only has red Radius left... All the other Radius colors are gone and all the 2.5's are gone... Get the red while you can if you are on the fence. Once they are gone, they are gone forever!

I can't spend any more :cry:! 6 Radii and 1 Procyon, that's what I have and will have to last for ever...

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hi All,
I've been smoke free for almost 4 years (yay!) thanks to finding this forum, trying vaping and then discovering the ProVari. I was super bummed out to hear ProVape closed - feels like my life-line to a safe and dependable smoke free life has been yanked away - so sad. What I value most about my ProVari is it's trouble free, reliable, simple and wonderful to hold and look at. I have three 2.5 versions (minis & regular) and use it with a Kanger ProTank 2 clearomizer exclusively - I know this setup must seem simplistic to many vapers but it works for me. I'm not one to futz around or try and rebuild anything - all I have to do is change/charge batteries, change or clean the Kanger coil (single coil 2.5 Ohm), top up on juice and do a weekly ProVari cleaning (including battery tops).

I'm writing to ask for help or suggestions. Recently I'm having to change batteries every 2-4 hours regardless if it's a brand new battery or an existing one. I only use AW IMR 18490s and a Tenergy TN270 Li-ion charger. I tested all my batteries with a recently purchased simple battery tester and they all measure in the good green zone. Before buying a new charger and more new batteries, and given that ProVari PVs may not be available much longer, I'm wondering if I should invest in a Radius. I've never held one and hope I'd like it as much as my existing 2.5s. I probably wouldn't use the variable wattage after initially finding the one I like. What intrigues me most about the Radius is it's built in quick USB charging - I would love not having to charge and change batteries every 2-4 hours. I'd be happy to own another ProVari and willing to make the investment.

So my question is (finally), given all the above info, would the Radius work well for me? Could I continue to use the Kanger ProTank 2? Sorry for the length of this post and thanks for reading. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My favorites, of my Provari's, are the Ti P3, for travel, and the Radius for all else. Get one.

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Just a heads up for anyone on the fence.. Provari Fuel who was selling Provape's remaining stock after they closed only has red Radius left... All the other Radius colors are gone and all the 2.5's are gone..

Get the red while you can if you are on the fence. Once they are gone, they are gone forever!

Looks like 27 of the red are left right now. I never thought the red looked very good. I ordered one just because I don't have a Radius in that color and was surprised when it arrived. I really like it now that I have it. Looks much better in person than it does viewing it online. Very happy with the device.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Looks like 27 of the red are left right now. I never thought the red looked very good. I ordered one just because I don't have a Radius in that color and was surprised when it arrived. I really like it now that I have it. Looks much better in person than it does viewing it online. Very happy with the device.

Yeah I was the same. I didn't think I'd like the red but once I got it n hand, I do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread