Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
so it goes up to 50w but I was advised against dripping on this mod because it would run through battery life.

I read that you could save battery life by not going subohm but would I even be capable of running a rda dripper tank on this mod? if yes what are the specs it should be?

thanks
Take a look at tge Pico 1-75 watts on a single 18650. I dropped below 25 watts before i went RTAs

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
so it goes up to 50w but I was advised against dripping on this mod because it would run through battery life.

You can drip (use an RDA) on a 50w mod. There really is no issue here. You've been advised incorrectly.

We were all doing this years ago when a 30w mod was the best you could buy under $100.

You need to find out the minimum resistance (ohms) for your mod and build accordingly, but dripping at 30-40-50w is going to be the same battery drain more or less regardless of mod. Now, a 2 battery mod would help, of course but that's a different question really.

Get Vaping!

dudelmao

Feb 19, 2017
trying to get the most flavor out and the SSOC coils don't taste well. Might be the juice but the initial day of vaping with a new atomizer tasted GREAT with fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA but the taste has really dropped off.

Is the taste difference between an RDA and an RTA huge? Why can't you have both at the same time? like have it be a dripper and all you need to do is slap a tank on it to turn it into an RTA

sorry for the novice question, if there's somewhere I can read up on it but I don't even know the gauge of the wire I should use, the number of wraps I should use and how to determine the minimum resistance from my mod.

Do I need an ohm tester?

Oh and I'm assuming a double coil will use up your battery faster than a double

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
trying to get the most flavor out and the SSOC coils don't taste well. Might be the juice but the initial day of vaping with a new atomizer tasted GREAT with fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA but the taste has really dropped off.

Is the taste difference between an RDA and an RTA huge? Why can't you have both at the same time? like have it be a dripper and all you need to do is slap a tank on it to turn it into an RTA

sorry for the novice question, if there's somewhere I can read up on it but I don't even know the gauge of the wire I should use, the number of wraps I should use and how to determine the minimum resistance from my mod.

Do I need an ohm tester?

I have vaped some of tge best RDAs out there Veritas, Magma, Rogue. And Freakshow Mini.

The ksyfun i use (see my avatar) it is almost as good as the freakshow Mini, and better than most

The Goblin Mini or Silverplay Nano is every bit as good as the freakshow Mini.

So far there have only been two RDAs beat the Goblin Mini or Silverplay Nano.

They are

Darang RDA (best flavor i EVER TASTED fron any vape gear.
Almost as good is the Deadmodz v2.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Welcome and glad you joined. Might want to start building your own coils. Could check:
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)
Not huge from whats printed, significant? -- good question. Might want to look up RDTA (Fodi F2 RDTA) which, I been told, is as close as you can get to a RDA and still have the larger tank capacity. I use deep well RDA such as the Magma and Origen V1 & V3 single coil.
if there's somewhere I can read up on it but I don't even know the gauge of the wire I should use, the number of wraps I should use and how to determine the minimum resistance from my mod
This can help:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel Vape Magazine
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified

What works for me: At high ohms and low watts: ~2.0 ohms/6.8w/30ga;4-6 turns;.11ID.
The deep well and settings above give a good 45 min. to hour vape without re filling. and next to nothing evolving costs on wire and new rayon wick.
BrotherBob's Concepts for promotion of Ideal Flavor:
Flavor+battery power+coil physical characteristics+wick physical characteristics (atomizer housing) are all interdependent and individually scalable.

Coil
An ID which allows a wick to refill at the pace of the vape and at the same time, permitting the wick to last as long as possible while being a diameter, as such, when inserted into the coil allow easy access.
Coil overall length as wrapped not to exceed the two post width.
Coil wire diameter (ga) should promote longevity when handled.
Material that promotes formation of coil & no taste.

Wick
Best fluid transfer characteristics.
Provides best taste possible.
Must not readily burn.
Allows easy insertion into into coil.

Ohms
High as possible which allows for rapid heating of coil but does not promote Burning of wick.

Juice mixture
Highest in PG which allows minimum leaking/seeping.
Highest PG which promotes taste intensity.
Lowest PG which lessens TH.

Watts
Balance between cloud and taste.

Battery Milliamp Hour
The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last (LiPo 2600 mAh typ. one power pac.).

Sub and non sub ohm'g
Appears to make little difference with regards to taste if both methods are fine tuned correctly.
Note that sub ohm'g is far less forgiving when it comes to set up.
Do I need an ohm tester?
Yes if your mod uses an external battery. I vape on a Eleaf Istick 40w TC (Going strong on the same mod for more than a year) that has a built in battery so I save the expense on testers and chargers, wraps, additional safety issues etc...
Absolutely.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I agree with just about everything @BrotherBob said. I would recommend getting an ohm tester regardless of the type of mod you use. This advice is purely as an extra safeguard for ensuring resistance accuracy when building.

Personally I have been a dripper since the very first time I tried rebuildables. I have found that while all RDAs have very different characteristics regarding airflow and build decks, all of them can produce incredible flavor, its all in how you build it. I found when I was starting out that 4 post build decks with adapters for different drip tips(mouth pieces) were the best option. If you can swap out a wide bore drip tip for say the drip tip for something like the Aspire Nautilus you have another option for tweaking the airflow. I also recommend something which has adjustable airflow options. Many RDAs are designed to have lots of airflow, some give you the ability to close it off and some limit that option. It would be best to figure out what type of AF suits you best before buying an RDA that has only one (usually wide open) style of AF. I like 4 post decks as I build most of my attys in dual coil configuration. The Velocity style deck is (IMO) the easiest system to build on for dual coils.

I cant really speak for RDTAs just yet, but I do have one in the mail and Im looking forward to testing it out.

Currently I use the following RDAs:
Wotofo Lush
Mutation X V4
Mutilator

My first was a Dark Horse. It was a 3 post build deck but I couldnt say enough good things about this RDA. It was my primary atty for over a year. Lots of AF options, easy to build on, looked great on every mod I own. Excellent beginner RDA(even though I still prefer 4 post this one was the exception for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread