Isnt it beyond all madness they're banning vape products in the U.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Eskie, why limit it to 2ml? I ask only to understand.

Dart board? Roll of the dice? Magic 8 ball?

I have no idea why that particular amount was chosen, but I'm sure it had something to do with the theoretical dangers of the tank shattering when you dropped it, and then licked it up from the floor, thereby risking nicotine poisoning. How that calculation was conducted is beyond my knowledge. Maybe they grabbed some quantum physicists form the LHC project to figure it out in their spare time.

The 10 ml thing is a tiny bit more sensible by assuming an infant or small pet managed to defeat the childproof cap and chugged it down, the severity of toxicity might still be survivable.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
That should work but it can't because the States will not tax fairly.
Pennsylvania added a 40% tax.

At one time New York wanted to tsx 2 ml of ejuice the same as a whole pack of cigsrettes. A $10 bottle of ejuice coykd have $55 in taxes.

Then in New Jersey they are trying to limit vapers choice to 3 flavors

Tobacco
Menthol
Clove.

Basicly the States are destroying vaping so Big Tobacco has to keep paying the States $Billions, and tgdyy get to collect tobacco taxes too.
At 40%, the Pennsylvania tax is probably in line with current taxation on cigarettes, at least where I live.
The New York tax, you described that as past tense. Can I assume cooler heads prevailed?
I really hate the wingnut claims that flavors other than traditional tobacco flavors are intended to promote vaping to children. That's madness.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
At 40%, the Pennsylvania tax is probably in line with current taxation on cigarettes, at least where I live.
The New York tax, you described that as past tense. Can I assume cooler heads prevailed?
I really hate the wingnut claims that flavors other than traditional tobacco flavors are intended to promote vaping to children. That's madness.

NY State Court of Appeals ruled a while back that it was pretty obvious an e cig was not the same as a regular cig and prevented those taxes from being imposed. The State Assembly was going to rewrite legislation to "properly" categorize e cigs as tobacco for tax purposes, but fortunately it never caught traction and has remained a non-issue for now. We'll see over time what happens.

Reactions: NCC

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yes it was past tense. The proposal to tax 2ml as high as a pack of smokes was defeated so far butvtge liberals will keep bringing it up till they get what they want

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
NY State Court of Appeals ruled a while back that it was pretty obvious an e cig was not the same as a regular cig and prevented those taxes from being imposed. The State Assembly was going to rewrite legislation to "properly" categorize e cigs as tobacco for tax purposes, but fortunately it never caught traction and has remained a non-issue for now. We'll see over time what happens.
Thanks for posting this Eskie

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have no clue as to what a butvtge liberal is. But, it's the second time you've seemed to want to antagonize me for my political views. Two can play that game. But, I will RESIST the urge to do so.
My computer is an iPhone with a teensy touch keyboard

That was supposed to be BUT THE LIBERALS.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
That was all part of TPP (TransPacific Partnership.

President Trump is against tge TPP ABD SAID he would stop it.
I'm not familiar with anything in the TPP that had anything to do with vaping, and it was an EU thing set to kick in this May.
Thats where the 2 ml capacity came from, and why tge Kayfun Mini V3 was introduced. Just to be TPP compliant.
You are mistaking TPP ( Trans Pacific Partnership ) with TPD ( Tobacco Product Directive ) of the European Union. One has nothing to do with the other.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    They know the lesson of Prohibition well enough to not try it with tobacco but think they might have gotten vaping in time. It *is* small enough that it could be effective in suppressing vaping without backlash; it's right at that point it's hard to predict. A ban also could still cause an increase in popularity similar to as it did with alcohol and possibly other substances. Of course, surely many politicians don't fully realize the implications of what is underway, or have bothered to think much about it. It does look enough like smoking to make it obvious what's the "easy sell" route.

I wish everyone could see governmental meetings about something they know and care about, as many of us have done with this. Such a combination of ignorance and power, and such a dangerous way of them showing they "care".

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    Just heard vaping is every bit as bad as smoking for Heart disease. Hmmm,,really?
    Vaping is under assult from multiple assailants.
    Govt.
    BT
    BP
    Researchers that ignore results at the Request of those that dole out grant money.

In a just & prurient Universe, lets make Smoking illegal. Isn't it what people are measuring Vaping against?.

Reactions: motordude

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2013
    USA
    They know the lesson of Prohibition well enough to not try it with tobacco but think they might have gotten vaping in time. It *is* small enough that it could be effective in suppressing vaping without backlash; it's right at that point it's hard to predict. A ban also could still cause an increase in popularity similar to as it did with alcohol and possibly other substances. Of course, surely many politicians don't fully realize the implications of what is underway, or have bothered to think much about it. It does look enough like smoking to make it obvious what's the "easy sell" route.

I wish everyone could see governmental meetings about something they know and care about, as many of us have done with this. Such a combination of ignorance and power, and such a dangerous way of them showing they "care".

You say there's not enough of a followIng for a ban to go unnoticed.

Back on in September the DEA tried to emergency schedule an herb called Kratom and got slapped in the face by advocates, who said "hell no". The ban was dropped and now the benevolent FDA is stepping in for review.

The point is that, by at least one order of magnitude, more people are concerned with keeping vaping legal than they are with Kratom. Nobody even knows what Kratom is and that advocacy group slapped the DEA in the face. If vapers could actually unite, this battle has a path to victory.

Reactions: mountaingal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread