Regular Atty Drippers (A Dying Breed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I really mean AvidVaper no ill will, but how is it that their price on attys has not gone down? I want to buy a bunch, but I can't at that price... at least, not in today's market. They do have a superior product (in terms of 510 attys), but the price is as it was years ago (maybe only differernt by like a buck or something). The HHs have come down a bit more, but still basically $20 a pop. The regular attys are $8 per. That is what I paid for Joyes in 2011.

I think it's simple, unfortunately. They know their market is people like us, and I think that they believe that decreasing the price will only let us horde at the expense of future sales. It won't attract new buyers, nor make us use them significantly more than we already do.

You know I LOVE the HH, but I haven't bought a new one in a very long time. It rapes my sensibilities to pay $20 for a simple drip atty, when I can (and did) buy things like Aromamizer Supremes for $5. I can put a higher ohm build in that device, choke the air, and get a vape that is 90%+ similar, again and again. Same holds true for smaller deck, tight draw rda's like the NarDa clones.

The only reason that would compel me is nostalgia, and by the time I run out of the ones I already have, and get around to feeling $20 worth of nostalgia, they'll probably be gone. :(

Totally feel ya, Mr. Mann. I was waiting and wondering the same thing for quite awhile before I arrived at the conclusion I have.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
OH, but Hey! They DO have 306 atty's on special for $8. I dunno what they were before, but I NEED some of those! My (our ;) ) source ran out of the $1 taster 306's a long time ago. Thanks for making me look!

Never tried a Cisco 306! My E-Pipe and Caravela Latina's REQUIRE 306's. Now I'm excited... :)

Last edited:

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I really mean AvidVaper no ill will, but how is it that their price on attys has not gone down? I want to buy a bunch, but I can't at that price... at least, not in today's market. They do have a superior product (in terms of 510 attys), but the price is as it was years ago (maybe only differernt by like a buck or something). The HHs have come down a bit more, but still basically $20 a pop. The regular attys are $8 per. That is what I paid for Joyes in 2011.

I'm always surprised that some stores aren't heavily discounting the old and now unpopular stuff. I'm stubborn and I will not pay 2011 prices on products that are no longer popular! have you tried calling them and asking for a discount on a large quantity?

Reactions: Katdarling

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'm always surprised that some stores aren't heavily discounting the old and now unpopular stuff. I'm stubborn and I will not pay 2011 prices on products that are no longer popular! have you tried calling them and asking for a discount on a large quantity?
Yeap. Too large a quantity. Too low of a discount on that large quantity. Which brings me here to post about that frustration. Damnit! LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I know most drippers like fruity flavors or menthols for flavor explosions.

Has anyone come across or found a tobacco flavor that's good on a hot dripper/build (0.3 ohms or less).

The tobacco flavors seem to taste muted to me on drippers.

Thanks in advance~
what kind of tobacco?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I know most drippers like fruity flavors or menthols for flavor explosions.

Has anyone come across or found a tobacco flavor that's good on a hot dripper/build (0.3 ohms or less).

The tobacco flavors seem to taste muted to me on drippers.

Thanks in advance~
Foo Joo by Crescent City Clouds

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
"...a delicious creamy cinnamon danish on the inhale and on the exhale I start getting all the different vanillas and creams."

Something not creamy or sweet please~
That sounds more like the description for Majesty but point taken. Foo Joo has some creaminess to it but I get a very nice pipe tobacco flavor from it as well.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Guys, you can buy drippers/atty's for about $5 each on ebay.

Drippers are pretty much extinct due to the new FDA regulations preventing shops from building for you (one of the dumbest FDA moves of the century).

I think you might be confused...
This thread is re regular attys - like the Joye 510 atty, not rebuildables :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread