Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I can't resist I have a brag for my young (he will be 2 March 28) Belgian Tervuren, Geordi.

This weekend in Lakeland Florida he earned his CAT title. No, that's no like a kitty cat, it's Coursing Ability Test. It's chasing, full out, a couple of plastic bags on a device attached to a line that zooms around a big field. Turns, straight lines, 600 yds (for his size dog, smaller dogs only run 300 yards). After he had so much fun at the Doggie Fun Zone, I decided to enter him. Well, he is now an official Coursing dog. My husband says he has his CBC - Champion Bag Chaser. I told him "Hey, it's not every dog that will run full out in a big open field at top speed chasing plastic bags on a track then come back to the owner when called." Actually, they don't have to return to the handler, they get to rip at the bags until the handler goes and gets them, but Geordi was a good boy and came right to me when I called him. Some were very funny, they would take off, zooming around this huge field. One Boston Terrier took 6 people to corner him before someone could catch him. Others just zoom from the start - the heck with the plastic bags, I'm FREE!!!! It was actually much fun to watch. By his third run (2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday - it takes 3 successful runs for the title), I had all I could do to hold him back getting to the starting line. Oh, they run individually, not as a group.

I could not video or take pictures, he was too far away to even make it make sense with my phone camera. There was a photographer on Saturday, however, so hopefully he got some good pictures.

So here he is, Bijou Luisant Kontinuing Mission, CAT CGC. The rosette is a New Title ribbon. CGC is Canine Good Citizen, also a test we took last year.

Geordi CAT.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I can't resist I have a brag for my young (he will be 2 March 28) Belgian Tervuren, Geordi.

This weekend in Lakeland Florida he earned his CAT title. No, that's no like a kitty cat, it's Coursing Ability Test. It's chasing, full out, a couple of plastic bags on a device attached to a line that zooms around a big field. Turns, straight lines, 600 yds (for his size dog, smaller dogs only run 300 yards). After he had so much fun at the Doggie Fun Zone, I decided to enter him. Well, he is now an official Coursing dog. My husband says he has his CBC - Champion Bag Chaser. I told him "Hey, it's not every dog that will run full out in a big open field at top speed chasing plastic bags on a track then come back to the owner when called." Actually, they don't have to return to the handler, they get to rip at the bags until the handler goes and gets them, but Geordi was a good boy and came right to me when I called him. Some were very funny, they would take off, zooming around this huge field. One Boston Terrier took 6 people to corner him before someone could catch him. Others just zoom from the start - the heck with the plastic bags, I'm FREE!!!! It was actually much fun to watch. By his third run (2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday - it takes 3 successful runs for the title), I had all I could do to hold him back getting to the starting line. Oh, they run individually, not as a group.

I could not video or take pictures, he was too far away to even make it make sense with my phone camera. There was a photographer on Saturday, however, so hopefully he got some good pictures.

So here he is, Bijou Luisant Kontinuing Mission, CAT CGC. The rosette is a New Title ribbon. CGC is Canine Good Citizen, also a test we took last year.

View attachment 636751
Of course you can brag about Geordi. It was fun watching the dogs do the CAT when we were at the dog show in Orlando. But I dont think that was an official one because I didnt see ribbons being given out.

What do they have to do for the CGC?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

View attachment 636751
WTG Geordi!!! Loved your description......can just picture the Boston and the ones that just took off bag or no bag! lol It's hard to believe he's almost 2 already!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
lol it does make it easier to catch up though, if you miss a few days.

kewl. Hope you get em soon and have fun with em

kewl!

The 100w Istick is nice. Dual 18650s which I like. I've heard a lotta folks say the DNA 75 chips aren't that great. I know one batt is sufficient for 75w, but just seems like two batts is a lil better for 75-100w. Dunno if that is accurate or not, just how it feels. lol

Kenna sent me a BF'd one from FT, and omgggggg I love this thing!! I was really really happy with my derringer clones, but after using the O16 for a week, I took a hit off my derringer, it was anemic! Plus I'd been wanting to find something that I could use only one coil and still get a great hit off it. This is the one. So much easier to do a single z coil than duals. I was concerned it wouldn't have enough air flow, but I put it on the largest holes, and have both holes open. Even that wasn't quite enough til I angled the air holes at the coil, and that opened it up enough. Definitely gotta get a couple more of these! 9.00 can't beat it! I see why everyone on the Reo lounge is gaga over em.

huh? Dunno how that relates to vaping, but man that sounds good! Fried spring roll actually. Haven't had a good one since April when semi's wife made us some Lumpia in florida at the porch gathering!

Yeah - I have the BF pin in the Origin RDA, and it'll go back on one of my squonkers when I get it rewicked!

I use the RDTAs on other mods. AWESOME-SAUCE!!!!!

Congrats Cathy! Geordi is such a HANDSOME boy!!!!!!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
They have to do several things for a CGC. Walk on a loose leash, come when called, accept a stranger (you walk up to the tester and talk for a minute - dog can not pester the tester ;)), walk through a crowd, handle a distraction (some open an umbrella, for our test the tester walked around us pulling a crate full of stuff on a dolly), handle grooming (tester looks over the dog and runs a brush over them). I know I am missing a few items, but you get the gist.

CGC was never an official title until recently. Now you can send your $20 to the AKC for an official "title". Another way for the AKC to grab your money. The CAT is a new venue, you pay your $25 and run your dog. 3 successful runs for the CAT title. There are advanced titles, 10 runs for the next one, then 25, then 50, etc. With a dog like Geordi, yes, he could get an advanced coursing title, but it's just money. I don't have $2,500 for the Master CAT!!! Keep in mind, not every dog has the prey drive to be successful. It's not really something that can be taught, it has to come naturally. I will let him run again because he loves it so much, but I'm not pouring my hard earned cash at an advanced title. Some clubs let you do a "fun run" - run the course at no charge but it doesn't count toward a title. You can bet he will be doing the Doggie Fun Zone every chance we get! No title, but fun fun fun! Doggie Fun zone there are obstacles to maneuver while running, CAT it just flat out running. And this boy LOVES to run!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I think I'm finally started looking at Kayfun V2's and V3's as a possibility.
If you are going KF's go for a v5 by Tobecco. It has 4 airflow settings so as little or as much air as you'd need. It's also top fill. Just closr off the airflow (twist the tank), take a couple of hits to use the juice left in the wick & wells, remove the top, & open the air again.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

View attachment 636751
He is so beautiful, & looks so happy! Good job, Geordi!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
They have to do several things for a CGC. Walk on a loose leash, come when called, accept a stranger (you walk up to the tester and talk for a minute - dog can not pester the tester ;)), walk through a crowd, handle a distraction (some open an umbrella, for our test the tester walked around us pulling a crate full of stuff on a dolly), handle grooming (tester looks over the dog and runs a brush over them). I know I am missing a few items, but you get the gist.

CGC was never an official title until recently. Now you can send your $20 to the AKC for an official "title". Another way for the AKC to grab your money. The CAT is a new venue, you pay your $25 and run your dog. 3 successful runs for the CAT title. There are advanced titles, 10 runs for the next one, then 25, then 50, etc. With a dog like Geordi, yes, he could get an advanced coursing title, but it's just money. I don't have $2,500 for the Master CAT!!! Keep in mind, not every dog has the prey drive to be successful. It's not really something that can be taught, it has to come naturally. I will let him run again because he loves it so much, but I'm not pouring my hard earned cash at an advanced title. Some clubs let you do a "fun run" - run the course at no charge but it doesn't count toward a title. You can bet he will be doing the Doggie Fun Zone every chance we get! No title, but fun fun fun! Doggie Fun zone there are obstacles to maneuver while running, CAT it just flat out running. And this boy LOVES to run!
Frankie would never get a GC.......he's awful around new folks and other dogs. He doesn't wanna hurt em, just wants to be all up in their business. But he'd likely do well with coursing or flyball or something like that. He's a terrier, mostly westie. He's finally gotten to where he doesn't go nuts bugging chloe (the hamster) when she's in her ball, but he still likes to follow her around.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'm kinda at a loss at what tanks to use on the Provari. I used to use a mini Nauti tank but have reached the place that there's not enough airflow to suit me anymore, so now I'm searching for a tank to use. :(
Maybe something like a Serpent mini? It can handle decent size (resistance) coils, that's what I have on DW's ego. Capacity is only 2 ml, but it's a nice little tank.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
On dna75, I really prefer the SDNA to the hcigar VT75. It just fits my hand better, and feels better in a lanyard setup.

Wharf on the Notcigs thread picked up an hcigar Nano, the 18650-only version, seems to like it a lot though it still has the PITA cap threading (not sure if it's cleaner/easier than the VT75 battery cap).

Maybe keep an eye on ecig.com, that's where I picked up two sdna at $50 each last fall.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
My FT tracking update - the order that arrived in NY in a few days is in Ocala. Would be delivered tomorrow if I were to be home. Mail is on hold for another week while we are away working. It will wait patiently at the PO until delivered next Monday. Perhaps my 2nd order will be waiting with it.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Maybe something like a Serpent mini? It can handle decent size (resistance) coils, that's what I have on DW's ego. Capacity is only 2 ml, but it's a nice little tank.
Agreed. I too have used my serpent mini on my P. I usualy build a 1.5 Ω coil.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
My FT tracking update - the order that arrived in NY in a few days is in Ocala. Would be delivered tomorrow if I were to be home. Mail is on hold for another week while we are away working. It will wait patiently at the PO until delivered next Monday. Perhaps my 2nd order will be waiting with it.
What show are you working?

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA

View attachment 636751
Aw, Geordi definitely deserves a bit of bragging. What a handsome baby! He is just gorgeous! And you have every right to be proud of him...sounds like a very smart and well-trained boy! Way to go Geordi! :thumbs::D

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Frankie would never get a GC.......he's awful around new folks and other dogs. He doesn't wanna hurt em, just wants to be all up in their business. But he'd likely do well with coursing or flyball or something like that. He's a terrier, mostly westie. He's finally gotten to where he doesn't go nuts bugging chloe (the hamster) when she's in her ball, but he still likes to follow her around.
It's the terrier in him that makes him think he needs to track the hamster. Mack is herding the 3 balls I got for him. He herds them into a corner. Or under my feet so I'll kick them for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread