.08 build battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Depends on the device used. If it's a mech, you'll need to use ohms law to determine the amp draw for that resistance.

If it's a regulated device, it will depend on the wattage you run at, but any authentic 20A battery would be fine.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Edit: Too early in the morning. I didn't realize it said .08 and not. 8. I wouldn't be building that low on any device.

Last edited:
Reactions: daviedog

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I would suggest building to a higher resistance like .25 ohm so you arent another statistic for a mod that blows up.

I mean no offense but .08 ohm you're going to need a 35-40 battery to vape .08 ohm safely.

.25 ohms is good for any 20 amp battery except for Efest.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
In a single battery regulated mod you might be able to run at this resistance in TC and the cell you would use depends on the wattage you will be vaping at.

If you are using a mechanical mod there is absolutely no battery that is safe to use. At full charge(4.2V) you would be drawing 52.5A. There is no 18650 cell with a true CDR of over 30A.

Please read the following blogs for your safety:
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would suggest building to a higher resistance like .25 ohm so you arent another statistic for a mod that blows up.

I mean no offense but .08 ohm you're going to need a 35-40 battery to vape .08 ohm safely.

.25 ohms is good for any 20 amp battery except for Efest.
Why do you say except efest?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Efest 18650s are generic rewraps of batteries from, well, that's the problem, you never know. They are well known for overrating the batteries they sell. As you can get an authentic Samsung, LG, or Sony for essentially the same if not cheaper price, they are not recommended. Here's a list of recommended batteries and their actual tested CDRs
Battery Chart.jpeg

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
best battery to vape a .08 fused clapton coil (dual)

Hi tht fat vpr. Welcome to the ECF.

That's an Awfully Low build. Might consider building something with Higher Ohms (.35+) until you get all the Ohms Law and Battery CDR stuff Figured out.

Reactions: Eskie

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Efest 18650s are generic rewraps of batteries from, well, that's the problem, you never know. They are well known for overrating the batteries they sell. As you can get an authentic Samsung, LG, or Sony for essentially the same if not cheaper price, they are not recommended. Here's a list of recommended batteries and their actual tested CDRs
View attachment 636897
Sorry didn't see your post.
Is that poster listed somewherr as a sticky ?

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015

There is absolutely NOBODY who has ever said it better than this post by @Mooch last Friday. The original post is in the discussion titled Efest Questions in the Batteries and Chargers subforum of the APV and Mods discussion room.

1) Efest is an electronics trading company that sells private label batteries. They are not a battery company. Every single battery they market to vapers is a rewrapped Samsung, Sony, LG, or Panasonic/Sanyo battery. Every single one performs identically and is identical in appearance to one of the Samsung, Sony, LG, or Panasonic/Sanyo batteries. This includes examination of the tooling marks with a 10x loupe.

Efest is lying to that shop manager if they told him they don't rewrap batteries.

Efest might have exclusive manufacturing agreements with one or more battery factories to produce for them but, if this is being done, it's only for the low-amp power bank and flashlight cells. Nothing we use.

Efest's own marketing department told me they make some and rewrap others.

2) Some of Efest's batteries only have one number on them with no indication whether it's continuous or pulse. "Max" is utterly useless as a rating indicator as it can mean continuous or pulse.

If the battery only has one number on it that means you can discharge it any way you want because they have not indicated in any way that it's continuous or pulse. If they are claiming it's only a pulse rating then they are playing a bs game with us, trying to trick us into thinking it could mean continuous. That's unacceptable.

Rating a 10A battery at 35A doesn't work even as a pulse rating. What they did. was a lie...period.

Any company that says that a continuous rating is useless because we pulse batteries when vaping is not only ignorant of the most basic concepts regarding battery ratings but they are blatantly ignoring the safety of their customers.

A pulse rating is useless unless you define the length of the pulse, the time between pulses, and the criteria used to establish the rating (temperature? run time? voltage sag?). None of these have ever been listed by Efest. Their ratings are useless and misleading.

Continuous current ratings are an industry standard and the only way we can compare one battery directly against another. None of the large battery companies have pulse ratings. Why? They're useless because they would only apply to a specific application. The only timed discharge ratings the big companies have are for the protection electronics for the battery packs using that battery.

Efest would know all this if they were a battery company.

Continuous current ratings are also critical for safety. It's the only way you can know if you might have a problem if there is a mod malfunction or accidental button press that discharges the battery continuously. Efest saying the continuous rating isn't important shows remarkable ignorance of battery safety and their customers.

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's cool I just basically wanted a reason posted. It's kinda like telling someone not to piss into the wind in a foreign language they know what you said but no clue why you said it. The o.p is obviously new to building if wanting to run that low so it's best to give them a reason not just don't do it. I have never used anything but lg and had some imren one time so never did any reading on efest as I was not interested in them.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Efest are re wrap seconds. Further more they list tge Pulse discharge as tge CDR.

EFEST batteries are an accident looking for a place to happen. I trust efest batteries as far as i can throw a killer whale.

If the OP intends to vape he needs three things.

1. Get goot batteries Sony, LG, or Samsung

2. Learn battery safety and ohms law

3. Stop building stupid low or he will become a statistic of a mod blowing up.

Thumpszilla

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah and I have not found a juice that tastes good vapes that low. For me the sweet spot is .2 to .15 and flavor for days. My current favorite build is a fused Clapton with 8 cores of .3 ss316l wrapped in .4 ss316l sitting at .2 all kidney puncher wire and mounted in a limitless rdta vaped at 60w on a evic mini.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread