Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I don't care much for the acrylic tank neck screwing down into the chimney. I can see it getting hot at some point and releasing a toxic nastiness.

I like the Steam Tuners tiny tank much better, it just seals against the top of the chimney with an o-ring.
i6Pmgkal.jpg

Another great option for you peeps trying out the kayfun configs is the rounded bell cap.. It also connects via an o-ring and not screwed into barrel... with this one you DO use the nano chimney cap. It's one of my favorite configs without doubt.

$1.69 Acrylic Kayfun Bell Cap - yellow at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
There are more colors, some come with o-ring, some don't so grab some of these o-rings for backup:
$1.71 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 8mm*5mm*1.5mm(OD*ID*W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And a chimney and cap (if you don't have already):
$2.26 Replacement Five Pawns Styled Chimney for Kayfun RTA - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

img_20170216_210842-jpg.636107

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
One perfectly scratched KF deck if you can name them all in 17 seconds.

Your time...... starts........ NOW! :D

Mark Todd from Todd's Reviews - just a git in a shed, really.

Matt for Suck My Mod

Phil Busardo from Taste Your Juice

Rip Trippers - Smoking is dead, vaping is the future, and my knuckles are dry.

Damien from A Bloody Good Vaping

Richard Mallard from Vaping with Twisted 420

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
So do the math and tell us what the mixed liquid is going to cost you per ml. I paid $20 each for gallons of PG and VG. $50 for 100,000 mg of nic and $14 for a 4 year supply of flavoring. That works out to 1.2 cents per ml. I vape 4-5 ml per day so daily cost is about a nickel. i wrote this before, if you see vapers and they look smug, it's because they are.

I don't have a clue as to what I pay per milliliter of my ejuice.E-juice at the vape shops around here range from $10. to $20. Canadian dollars for a 30ml bottle,so for me I'm saving alot. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I don't care much for the acrylic tank neck screwing down into the chimney. I can see it getting hot at some point and releasing a toxic nastiness.

I like the Steam Tuners tiny tank much better, it just seals against the top of the chimney with an o-ring.
i6Pmgkal.jpg

Nice looking tank, but kinda expensive from what I saw.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
I wish i could help with a photo of how the short Kayfun goes together but my pitiful WiFi is so bad i can't upload s picture that shows how to assemble.

Maybe @ oplholik , @misswish1 or others can provide you with photos.

Okie dokie, @oplholik and @misswish1 ....... you're on! Pictorial tutorial, please?

I'm working on it. :)
I'm so glad you are taking this on! I'm ok with taking the pics, but I'm not literate in getting the pics onto the computer :( Think I need to learn how to do this, it's past time to rev up my brain cells. :lol:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I do have a couple of the clears. It seems like most of the caps I got except for the frosted, don't go together very good. A lot of these, is due to the threads being a little off, For some I was able to make work by carefully re threading using the base as the re threading tool. Just carefully work the cap on and off till it threads on better.

kfl clear.jpg

I'm so glad you are taking this on! I'm ok with taking the pics, but I'm not literate in getting the pics onto the computer :( Think I need to learn how to do this, it's past time to rev up my brain cells. :lol:

Yep, time to start practicing. Use the "sandbox" to practice uploading the pics in. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Another great option for you peeps trying out the Kayfun configs is the rounded bell cap.. It also connects via an o-ring and not screwed into barrel... with this one you DO use the nano chimney cap. It's one of my favorite configs without doubt.

$1.69 Acrylic Kayfun Bell Cap - yellow at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
There are more colors, some come with o-ring, some don't so grab some of these o-rings for backup:
$1.71 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 8mm*5mm*1.5mm(OD*ID*W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And a chimney and cap (if you don't have already):
$2.26 Replacement Five Pawns Styled Chimney for Kayfun RTA - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

img_20170216_210842-jpg.636107
Thats a good Atty. Problem is you have to dump the Juice or plug a Sillicone plug in the catch cup every time you need to pull tge build deck for ANY REASON, and you MUST fill via tge fill port on the bottom of tge Kayfun base.

The short 25 mm tall bell cap cures all of those problems. Tge only down side is the 25 mm tall bell cap holds .3 ml less.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks. @oplholik posted the photos and @DancingHeretik already has her little Kayfun assembled and seems ready to rock.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Thats a good Atty. Problem is you have to dump the Juice or plug a Sillicone plug in the catch cup every time you need to pull tge build deck for ANY REASON, and you MUST fill via tge fill port on the bottom of tge Kayfun base.

The short 25 mm tall bell cap cures all of those problems. Tge only down side is the 25 mm tall bell cap holds .3 ml less.
A good option for those concerned about the acrylic tank screwing into the metal chimney, heating and giving off any toxic fumes, as @TrollDragon stated . I'm not concerned myself but a great option for those who are.

My KF use is so simple it doesn't bother me in the least. I take out fill screw and syringe out the juice. Pull the deck, fiddle, and put juice back in tank. For me, it is a non-issue but I understand the advantages for others who might find it an inconvenience.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I do have a couple of the clears. It seems like most of the caps I got except for the frosted, don't go together very good. A lot of these, is due to the threads being a little off, For some I was able to make work by carefully re threading using the base as the re threading tool. Just carefully work the cap on and off till it threads on better.

View attachment 636889

Yep, time to start practicing. Use the "sandbox" to practice uploading the pics in. :)
For me most of tge bell caps that refuse to work is tge multi colored bell caps with those clear barrels.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
A good option for those concerned about the acrylic tank screwing into the metal chimney, heating and giving off any toxic fumes, as @TrollDragon stated . I'm not concerned myself but a great option for those who are.

My KF use is so simple it doesn't bother me in the least. I take out fill screw and syringe out the juice. Pull the deck, fiddle, and put juice back in tank. For me, it is a non-issue but I understand the advantages for others who might find it an inconvenience.
The only time my Kayfun gets hot us wben i am rocking a 2.5 mm coil and chain vape.

Ive been using it almost 17 months, and been in the ER once because i got too low on potassium.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT

I would find that to be a huge inconvenience. Actually, I wouldn't even consider bothering with it.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sir Kadly

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
and you MUST fill via tge fill port on the bottom of tge Kayfun base.

Uh, no. ANY KF can be top filled. Use a thumb to block the air intake(s), remove top. Fill to about 1/2 way up the top tank threads. Start the top on so a thread or two "catches." Invert, finish tightening the cap, release the blocked intakes. Turn right side up, draw a couple times to re-establish the vacuum. Done.

That's how I fill my older 3.1s, although I do use the bottom fill screw on the rest, as I find it simple and quick :)

Guess I'm doing something wrong. I never have to do any fiddling until it's time to dry burn and rewick, and my tanks are always empty by then ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
@Uncle ... saw this this morning and for some reason, I thought of you... can't put my finger on it...

c176b0ebf49b265beb9569368ca5a28c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Now "I" don't understand "WHY" this would have made "you" think of "@Uncle" !

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Users who are viewing this thread