Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Scenario is; your sporting a kfun lite (or any tank where the deck is not accessible without draining) on your mech.
You are out and about with nothing else on hand and your kit takes a tumble. It hits the floor with a solid drop. Nothing is damaged but you cannot see if your build is fine.
Would you just guess and hit the fire button hoping everything is still in place? If your lead has slipped out of the positive connection and touching the deck or the build has moved and is touching the chimney, you would have a short?

It happened to me earlier but I didn't worry and fired away regardless. Should I have waited?

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Forgot to mention that I was happy to hear your device was ok after the drop. :) Your braver than I would have been.

You gotta be more optimistic.
You were less absent minded and slow than I were...

Saying that. If you were in my shoes would you have gone all day without a toot then, if you couldn't get home? Or get any juice etc...

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Saying that. If you were in my shoes would you have gone all day without a toot then, if you couldn't get home? Or get any juice etc...
I guess if I had to decide whether I needed a "toot" or keep my face, I'd buy a pack of cigarettes. :) Just not worth the risk to me.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Im happy things worked out for you but its not something I would ever do. To be fair I never use RTAs so its never even been a concern. However too many things can go wrong when using a mech and there is no protection of any kind if your coils do short. When Im out and about with a mech I keep an "emergency kit" of sorts. Its a little hard shell travel case that I keep extra batteries, wicks, tweezers, a spare mini screw driver, scissors and an extra atty(fully built with a dry wick). If you're going to be on the go with a mech I would recommend getting a dripper, that way if anything does happen you can check your build to make sure everything is ok.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Im happy things worked out for you but its not something I would ever do. To be fair I never use RTAs so its never even been a concern. However too many things can go wrong when using a mech and there is no protection of any kind if your coils do short. When Im out and about with a mech I keep an "emergency kit" of sorts. Its a little hard shell travel case that I keep extra batteries, wicks, tweezers, a spare mini screw driver, scissors and an extra atty(fully built with a dry wick). If you're going to be on the go with a mech I would recommend getting a dripper, that way if anything does happen you can check your build to make sure everything is ok.

That's pretty much why I use RDA's and mechs. I don't want to ever be caught out without a working set up, and you can usually rectify any issues you can get in the field very easily.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
No I went the other way. I have like 20 regs but then I got into nice mechs. You are right, some are insanely big.
Touch screens and stuff :?:
I must admit, the only one i think looks nice is the rdna 40. Enough wattage now that ive reduced my intake.
If you can recommend anything aesthetically pleasing id be glad to hear it.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I like the look of the new CF4 but its 100W and TC. Still appears to be pretty compact and similar to the old CF4. I also like the look of the Yihi SX mini. I am just getting in to regs and Ive got only the CF4 and a monster 4-cell mod, the iJoy Maxo 315. Its a beast and I love it but I do not take it out of the house lol.

Reactions: Zutankhamun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread