New Boba's Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Please consider at least sharing the flavors, I have been also on this for years, tried all the flavors you mentioned in different configurations, all to be always disappointed not coming close. nothing out there with those flavors come close enough to call a clone. Its a shame, but I truly think their flavor supplier really did stop making it. If it was my Business and lost that much revenue from loyal Boba's fans I would still be making it. I use to order a a ton from them like 3 or 4 hundred mls a month, take that and all the other fans they lost I would think they would have closed shop by now especially with the all the regulations. I have not ordered from them since my last few hundred mls of coffee tasting Boba and Gorilla. Not to say they Don't have any other good juice but nothing that I am willing to pay premium price for when I have gallons of diy that I find is better than most premiums out there.
Have you tried "Flavor 39"?

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Please consider at least sharing the flavors, I have been also on this for years, tried all the flavors you mentioned in different configurations, all to be always disappointed not coming close. nothing out there with those flavors come close enough to call a clone. Its a shame, but I truly think their flavor supplier really did stop making it. If it was my Business and lost that much revenue from loyal Boba's fans I would still be making it. I use to order a a ton from them like 3 or 4 hundred mls a month, take that and all the other fans they lost I would think they would have closed shop by now especially with the all the regulations. I have not ordered from them since my last few hundred mls of coffee tasting Boba and Gorilla. Not to say they Don't have any other good juice but nothing that I am willing to pay premium price for when I have gallons of diy that I find is better than most premiums out there.
How about just sending some to y'all for review, before I let the cat out of the bag?

Reactions: Izan

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
I'd gladly give you an objective opinion. If you pegged it, you'd be an instant legend in the cloning community. Heck, I'll even hit you back with some stuff if you like....
Please keep in mind, when I created this I wasn't attempting to clone anything. I was just wanting to create a new tobacco for myself. It just happened that the flavor ended up tasting like BB. Honestly it was a fluke. That's also what I meant when I said that all the flavors people have leaned toward in the past to clone BB won't work.

Reactions: aceswired

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi mate...Would you be willing to provide a few more details about your recipe?
I had always found BB to present differently based on device (SS-mesh genny/cartomizer/Russian 91/GG Ithaka/Reo and VA cyclone ).
I have also experience a change in flavour/mouthfeel when using BB at reduced nicotine levels. ie: The flavour/MF at 6mg/ml is, imo, very different than 24mg/ml.

Could you provide an over view of the devices you are using, the nic level of your test batch(s) and maybe some pretty words about how it tastes under various conditions (mesh/cotton/MTL/DTL/in a Nauti 1.8Ω).

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
I

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
Hi mate...Would you be willing to provide a few more details about your recipe?
I had always found BB to present differently based on device (SS-mesh genny/cartomizer/Russian 91/GG Ithaka/Reo and VA cyclone ).
I have also experience a change in flavour/mouthfeel when using BB at reduced nicotine levels. ie: The flavour/MF at 6mg/ml is, imo, very different than 24mg/ml.

Could you provide an over view of the devices you are using, the nic level of your test batch(s) and maybe some pretty words about how it tastes under various conditions (mesh/cotton/MTL/DTL/in a Nauti 1.8Ω).

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
I
Izan, not exactly sure if this will help you or not, but I use a Sigelei J150 with a Smok "Big Baby Beast" at 45 watts on a .4ohms coil. My preferred nic level that I mix my tobacco at is 9mg. I don't typically make anything stronger than a 9mg for myself, but just recently mixed up a 6mg of my tobacco for a friend to test and it was consistent feed back at 6. Going to be running a 3mg later this week to test and see what happens there. Mouth feel is solid and consistent without add EM. I'm running the VG at 85% so probably wouldn't run it through anything higher than a single sub. Hope this helps and gives you a little insight as to what I use and would recommend. Oh, and my tobacco will give you about 5 to 6 days on a coil if you're lucky. Need to try it on a .5ohm build to see how it wicks with Organic Japanese Cotton.

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
Smyrna, Tennessee
50% flavor... Geez us...
I guess there's always a way, but that's no where close to realistic. Since they were claiming 100% VG e-liquid that would have the flavors up there pretty good though, only because using VG as a flavor carrier doesn't allow for strength at lower percentages just because it's not as volatile a carrier as PG. Consider this, lets say BB had 5 flavor components in it's recipe. That would mean you could be looking at 10% per flavor. Even carried in VG, I don't know of any flavors that would balance that well at that percentage or higher. Not saying there's 5 flavors that make up BB, but just running the numbers game.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    180213.png

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
    Smyrna, Tennessee
    REVISIONS ADDED!!! (FINAL %'s & MANUFACTURERS THAT I USE)
    So here you go people. Enjoy!!! Remember I wasn't trying to clone BB, only creating a new tobacco flavor for myself when I came up with this recipe.
    5% Butter Rum (FW)
    3% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
    3% Turkish Tobacco (TFA)
    3% Kalua & Cream (TFA)
    1% Tobacco Absolute Rustica with PGA @ 50/50 dilution. (Wingedseed) 6 Drops per 30ml only.
    NOTE: I prefer a 21 day steep time to get the best flavor from this tobacco.

Last edited:

bloodonbass

Aug 15, 2011
    Smyrna, Tennessee
    So here you go people. Enjoy!!! Remember I wasn't trying to clone BB, only creating a new tobacco flavor for myself when I came up with this recipe.
    5% Butter Rum (FW or Loranns)
    4% Bavarian Cream (TFA or Loranns)
    3% Turkish Tobacco (TFA)
    2% Kalua & Cream or Keoke Coffee (TFA or Loranns)
    1% Tobacco Absolute Rustica with PGA @ 50/50 (Wingedseed) 6 Drops per 30ml only.

The only alteration I've made from my original tobacco recipe once I figured out that it tasted like Boba's was I added one percent to the Bavarian Cream to sweeten up a touch, and pulled back one percent on the Kalua & Cream to balance it out, and it made it even better. Have also considered adding about 2% of TFA's Brown Sugar. Not that it needs it because the notes are already in the Butter Rum. Just a suggestion, but you can do what you want to with it. It's been my ADV now since I created it back in mid January. Oh, and it's a coil killer.

Last edited:

Rin13

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    www.youtube.com
    I guess there's always a way, but that's no where close to realistic. Since they were claiming 100% VG e-liquid that would have the flavors up there pretty good though, only because using VG as a flavor carrier doesn't allow for strength at lower percentages just because it's not as volatile a carrier as PG. Consider this, lets say BB had 5 flavor components in it's recipe. That would mean you could be looking at 10% per flavor. Even carried in VG, I don't know of any flavors that would balance that well at that percentage or higher. Not saying there's 5 flavors that make up BB, but just running the numbers game.
    That's true, I suppose. That's why I don't like flavors with VG base. Lol. Too finicky and time consuming. I'm anxious to see what your tester thinks about your mixture. I would imagine even if it's close, it'd be better than what we've seen thus far.

Rin13

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    www.youtube.com
    5% Butter Rum (FW or Loranns)
    4% Bavarian Cream (TFA or Loranns)
    3% Turkish Tobacco or Desert Ship (TFA or FA)
    2% Kalua & Cream or Keoke Coffee (TFA or Loranns)
    1% Tobacco Absolute Rustica with PGA @ 50/50 (Wingedseed) 6 Drops per 30ml only.
    I don't have any of those ingredients... But thank you for deciding to share.

Reactions: IDJoel
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread