Egrip II

Status
Not open for further replies.

puhngk

Feb 21, 2017
Okay hold on. After reading your numerous comments I must :facepalm: myself for getting the eGrip II and still ask a noobish question. WTF is wrong with them coils man. I used the 1.5 (1.effing5ffs) and used it Ocasionally - Rarely - most been sitting on the desk, and in 2 days it's burnt as a muthatrucka. I never go above 13watts. Rarely go above 12 aswell. Why is it burnt already? Like I don't understand. Pls help. -_- I don't wanna ......n buy coils daily.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Okay hold on. After reading your numerous comments I must :facepalm: myself for getting the eGrip II and still ask a noobish question. ... is wrong with them coils man. I used the 1.5 (1.effing5ffs) and used it Ocasionally - Rarely - most been sitting on the desk, and in 2 days it's burnt as a muthatrucka. I never go above 13watts. Rarely go above 12 aswell. Why is it burnt already? Like I don't understand. Pls help. -_- I don't wanna ......n buy coils daily.
Are you using in regular wattage mode? I suggest you run the ss coils in ss TC mode w/ temp set no higher than 450f.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I used wattage mode, as I said, never above 13watts. I got this little mod to use it in wattage mode, I didn't try anything else yet cuz I'm kind of a noob and wouldn't exactly know how to TC.
Do yourself a favor, run it in ss TC mode as stated.

You really do have to the way the coils are constructed airflow wise. You will be able to up your wattage to 25-30 for instant on vaping with no ramp up & the coil will not overheat if set below 450f like it is now doing in wattage mode.

Trust me, your coil life will go to months instead of days & you will get a satisfying vape, especially with the 0.25 notch coil.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Start at 350 & adjust upward until it satisfies. You should not have to go over 450f. I would not go higher than 480f

25-30w is good starting point. Don't worry about overpowering a bit as you are really adjusting your preheat with that as the TC will prevent coil from overheating. if you heat it sizzling too much at first back it down. You ar looking for a near instant on at temp vape at the lowest settings that satisfy you.

You should be more than satisfied w/ the vape under TC w/ Egrip II & coil life will improve dramatically.

puhngk

Feb 21, 2017
Morning. I kinda stuck with smoking cigs. The eGrip is pretty much trash and I have spent more than enough on it, I'm somewhere in Europe and it's super expensive here. I can't deal with the burnt coils in one day, I don't like TC, I like W mode. TC is slow as a turtle. I don't understand why someone would use it since you barely get any vapor and the hit is soooo weak. I have it on 430 F and 25 W. It's sooooo slow and lazy and weak. I am a person of preferences. I'm not like "Oh, that doesn't work, ok, I ll try it the other way". I don t like the other way. I simply spent money on a device for the solely purpose of using it in W with the 1.5 ohm Coils. Simply for That.
All I got from my device was like: Oh but wait, 0.5 SS coils, Oh but wait, TC only, Oh but wait 450 max, Oh but wait only 1 hit from like 7-8 is Good and satisfying, Oh but wait use the ugly black antispitback or u ll drink juice, Oh but wait.
So Um yeah. The device is bad.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
TC will work as good as Wattage - Even better in most cases because it prevents you from torching coils and extents coil life by months.
  • 1st you need to start with a new coil.
  • use the 0.25ohm Notch coil.
  • Use about 20-40w to start. Adjust to create near instant at temp vape.
  • do 400f - 480f. Adjust for vapor delivery that suits your preference.
  • it will spit like a machine gun but you will get a moist & flavorful vape.
  • Use anti spit drip tip to keep spitting from hitting your mouth.
  • I have had my egrips since they hit the market & only used one new coil beyond what came in kit (have only used 0.25ohm coil in SS TC mode.
  • Egrip II can be every bit as flavorful as an Aromamizer IMO and a hell of a lot stealthier.
People who steadfastly insist on wattage mode only do themselves a great disservice. I have taught many wattage vapers the values of TC and most of them today will agree they get a better more consistent vape under TC than they do in wattage.

There are a few who just find TC too much hassle and too much to think about & stubbornly insist on power mode. Those are the ones I usually have to visit in person with a collection of TC mods & attys, sit next to them on a couch and blow clouds in their face and make them try my mods & tell me what is lacking compared to what they are doing.

Only had one person I couldn't convince because the was cheating w/ stinkies the whole time & had no intention of quitting analogs anyway. He just spend two weeks in the hospital with Pneumonia/COPD diagnosis & got out the other day. Tells me his lungs just can't take vaping anymore. Just smiled & shook my head cause he reaked of cigarettes. Shame. Even he admitted to me my mods under TC hit hard & he gave it a shot. Ultimately, he just couldn't be bothered to try to learn.

I would recommend trying a Hohmtech Slice with an atty of your choice. VaporWorld.biz had them on clearance for $29 using code Take50. Many who do not like Joyetec or Evolv DNAs because "they are too weak" are able to really like the slice because its max temp is 700f where the others max out at 600f. Pair that with a Merlin single coil or a OBS Crius or Engine Dual Coil & you won't be saying your getting a weak or anemic vape for sure. Something to think about while the price is right.

The only coil the Egrip has that will work in full power mode is the one with the air channel slots on both sides that allows air to go down to the bottom of the coil and return through the coil. That may be the .5ohm nichrome coil, but I can't remember as I never used it. Not enough air flow or vapor for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenD

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Alrighty, I ll wait for the 0.5 coil to burn out and then put the 0.25 coil to try it out. I Have like 8 1.5 coils and like 4 0.5 coils, only one 0.25. If 0.25 does the work I ll buy more of them. I ll come back with feedback when I try it :D Thank you for the advice ^_^ I ll hustle.
Evolv finally released more the of the carcinogen graphs from studies they are working on.

Mike Petro opened a new thread here: New studies find carcinogens in vg and pg at high temps, even in tootle puffers

Temp Control is no longer a luxury, but a necessity. New data shows vaping at temps above 470 can release drastically more carcinogens than stinkies even in unflavored Ejuice.

armadillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Honolulu
MyFreedomSmokes has the Light in smooth black. I am baffled as to why this device isn't sold all over the place. This is the most amazing AIO mod around. It is so light (120g), has excellent tank capacity (3.5 ml) and battery capacity (2100 mAh), and very nice top filling; all at a very good price and hicgh quality enclosure. I could not be happier with this light and pocket friendly mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread