GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Happy-Valentines-Day-3.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I was able to find a mint HnP set and am amazed at the fit and finish.

It is my first mech and I am well aware of the safety requirements. But what has surprised me is that I have not been able to get a very powerful vape. It is only a shadow of my Heron V2. And btw, Perseus if you are seeing this, your recommendations were spot on for the V2. It has gone from an inconsistent marvel to a completely steady flavor monster that never leaks. It's because of this experience that I decided to try the HnP.

Using steam-engine, I am paying a lot of attention to the heat flux along with the other necessary specs. My last build was 26 ga Kanthal, 5 wraps on 2.5 mm. It is better but still weak.

I don't know if it matters, but I am using an 18500 battery. I had used an 18350 but found the mod was actually too small (Inconceivable!). Might this be a reason for my weakish vape?

Suggestions welcome.

Try as well 28 or 32 gauge Kanthal, same wraps on 2 mm for better flavour. Make sure all the contacts are clean, this is critical for a good conductivity. Once per week, open the switch and clean it well, wiping with a cloth the internals is enough. Your X will fire better then. Check and clean the GPin as well. If it has brass pins, remove any oxidation with a grit paper or scotchbrite.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Try as well 28 or 32 gauge Kanthal, same wraps on 2 mm for better flavour. Make sure all the contacts are clean, this is critical for a good conductivity. Once per week, open the switch and clean it well, wiping with a cloth the internals is enough. Your X will fire better then. Check and clean the GPin as well. If it has brass pins, remove any oxidation with a grit paper or scotchbrite.

Excellent! I cleaned everything though nothing looked tarnished or dirty. It helped but just a small amount. Then I built another coil to your specs. 30ga (I had nothing smaller on hand) x 2.0 x 5 wraps. It is exactly what I was looking for! Quick heating with good flavor and temperature. I seldom build with that small a wire and have never built below 2.5 so my wicking is not quite right but I can fix that now that I am close on the coil build.

I appreciate the best support in the business! I don't think I would have arrived at this combination without your help.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Excellent! I cleaned everything though nothing looked tarnished or dirty. It helped but just a small amount. Then I built another coil to your specs. 30ga (I had nothing smaller on hand) x 2.0 x 5 wraps. It is exactly what I was looking for! Quick heating with good flavor and temperature. I seldom build with that small a wire and have never built below 2.5 so my wicking is not quite right but I can fix that now that I am close on the coil build.

I appreciate the best support in the business! I don't think I would have arrived at this combination without your help.

Thank you very much for the positive feedback and I am glad that you enjoy the end result! Heron and Spheroid decks are designed to give optimum results with 2,00 and 2,5 mm coils, the former is the best for flavour delivery.

Reactions: GeekyGeezer

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I needed a few bits and pieces. As usual, my package from VapourArt arrived in less than 48 hours. As usual.. Wow! Thank you VapourArt! Thank you my dear friend, Perseas! There is a special place in my heart.. :)

Cucco! In my heart too :)

Reactions: Cucco

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hello Perseas.
First off, V4 is my favourite device out of everything. It's great, thanks :thumb:

I mostly mtl with a kayfun lite atm (hopefully a new heron will be great for mtl, even better than the lite???)
I know everyone caters for dl vaping now so it would be great if you can answer that.

I don't really need a silver gpin but I want one anyway. Which one should I get for the V4. Is it the LUX PAPS gpin? Thanks

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello Perseas.
First off, V4 is my favourite device out of everything. It's great, thanks :thumb:

I mostly mtl with a kayfun lite atm (hopefully a new heron will be great for mtl, even better than the lite???)
I know everyone caters for dl vaping now so it would be great if you can answer that.

I don't really need a silver gpin but I want one anyway. Which one should I get for the V4. Is it the LUX PAPS gpin? Thanks

Thank you for the feedback!

Please send an email with your request at info@vapourart.com and we'll get back to you tomorrow morning.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thank you for the feedback!

Please send an email with your request at info@vapourart.com and we'll get back to you tomorrow morning.

Have done it. Long email so sorry.
Can't wait. Excitement coursing through my veins :banana:

Perhaps I take this too seriously :?:

Thanks again. Best device and customer service. Ever :thumbs:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
So Perseus, based on your comments on the Vapourday announcement, it sounds as if the "TPD" regs in the EU are not favorable for vaping manufacturers there.
Could you please explain what the TPD regs are and how they will affect you and others there, and what we in the US should be aware of as it relates to our favorite EU vendors?
thanks.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
So Perseus, based on your comments on the Vapourday announcement, it sounds as if the "TPD" regs in the EU are not favorable for vaping manufacturers there.
Could you please explain what the TPD regs are and how they will affect you and others there, and what we in the US should be aware of as it relates to our favorite EU vendors?
thanks.

Take a look at this short version : European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - 10 key changes for tobacco products sold in the EU

In a nut shell, every European country will have a similar implementation of the EU directive or a more restrictive one with common denominators, the childproof design for switches and refilling process, leakage-proof design (cartridge would be the proper term ...), packaging specs, max capacity of devices 2 ml and safety/quality specs. Additionally, there will be annual fees and import applications for every EU country a company wants to sell its products. A device has to be approved 6 months prior its circulation, separately for every EU country with extra applications and fees and the same applies to any version of the same device. Financial data, designs, safety data and even predictions of sales have to be declared annually plus extra fees, because they will have to keep archives! No advertising online or anywhere and possibility to ban cross-border distant sales. The liquids will be sold at 10 ml bottles max. The DIY market will soar of course.
You have nothing to worry about, because you can't change the outcome. I had spoken about it extensively on the old VaporWall forum in 2012-13 and briefly here: The whole vaping movement is possible to function under industry standards in the near future . Standardisation is the modus operandi of our world, because it can exploit the new markets in favour of the big players solely. The bureaucracy as a distraction strategy coupled with taxes, laws and fear mongering speech about safety is a very old method of creating monopolies and control.
Que sera, sera :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Zutankhamun said:
Hello Perseas. I'm sorry to keep bothering you and I wish there was somebody else at GP I could pester but you see all the messages ;)
Basically, I've tried to polish this mod with the polisher you guys sent but I've ruined the seamless look (tiny difference). Have a quick look at the top post of this thread and tell me if I can send it to you and buy a refinish job. Again, sorry.
BTW, I did edit my bottom post with an @perseas but I don't know if it works like that.

Paps V4 polish

Hello buddy! Feel free to ask me at any time! I read your Paps V4 polish thread, but I cannot post outside of this forum.
Our brushed finish cannot be replicated exactly with the PnB, because we use professional belts and different polishing stages are needed to achieve that look; see the video below:

The polishing with the PnB is much simpler:

The unit can be polished nicely with the PnB on a Dremel at slow turns or by hand as a whole with extreme care. If somebody polish the tube alone, it may create a barrel shape with visible seams. If the locking ring gets loose during the finishing process the final result won't have invisible seams. It might need a tiny amount of blu tack attached inside the ring to keep it stabilised during the polishing.

Every re-polishing job removes hundrends of millimetre from the diameter of a mod, so the integration with an atomizer becomes less uniform every time. I don't recommend to send it back for refinish to us, the finish is not damaged and the expenses are too much for repairing the finish of the seams only. Moreover, if you did a deep refinish and we refinish it again, the atomizer has to be refinished as well for a uniform look. Instead you may use a scotchbrite and try to smoothen the seams but polishing it as a whole, if they still bother you, albeit it's a delicate process; in my opinion just enjoy the switch of the v4 and forget about the seams! Your 18650 v4 was our last unit and it will soon become a collectible. Maybe we make another 20 mods in 18650 mode until May, maybe not (many words starting with the letter m :)).

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hello buddy! Feel free to ask me at any time! I read your Paps V4 polish thread, but I cannot post outside of this forum.
Our brushed finish cannot be replicated exactly with the PnB, because we use professional belts and different polishing stages are needed to achieve that look; see the video below:

The polishing with the PnB is much simpler:

The unit can be polished nicely with the PnB on a Dremel at slow turns or by hand as a whole with extreme care. If somebody polish the tube alone, it may create a barrel shape with visible seams. If the locking ring gets loose during the finishing process the final result won't have invisible seams. It might need a tiny amount of blu tack attached inside the ring to keep it stabilised during the polishing.

Every re-polishing job removes tenths of millimetre from the diameter of a mod, so the integration with an atomizer becomes less uniform every time. I don't recommend to send it back for refinish to us, the finish is not damaged and the expenses are too much for repairing the finish of the seams only. Moreover, if you did a deep refinish and we refinish it again, the atomizer has to be refinished as well for a uniform look. Instead you may use a scotchbrite and try to smoothen the seams but polishing it as a whole, if they still bother you, albeit it's a delicate process; in my opinion just enjoy the switch of the v4 and forget about the seams! Your 18650 v4 was our last unit and it will soon become a collectible. Maybe we make another 20 mods in 18650 mode until May, maybe not (many words starting with the letter m :)).

noooo :eek:. Damn. I really don't care about the atty looking the same as I use lots of different polished and unpolished attys. are you sure you can't do it!
I know you don't recommend it but it's only like 30 ish euros right? +my end posting.

Your workmanship top, mine bottom.
They look pretty much identical atm. They should be fine.
IMG_0332.JPG

No discernible difference. In fact, the one I need refinishing has got a tiny bit to play with ;), admittedly I think that's angles.
You guys are the men for the job and I think you could do it the best.
Even though you don't recommend it, you would do it if I insist?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
The cost will be 32€ plus shipping from your end, see GP Service Since you tried with the PnB, I don't know how deep you polished it and I cannot guarantee that after our refinish it will be flush with a 22 mm atomizer. I described it earlier why. As you can observe on the photo, there is a barrel shape at the end of the tube (except if it's a lens distortion effect), this cannot be altered, it will become more and the mod will have a smaller diameter in general. Are you okey with it?

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I don't know why but it annoys me so much :-x
How about I try and get on with it for a day or 2, if it still annoys me I send it to you fully understanding the risk I am taking? You'll be my favourite company regardless and you have advised me not to do it so it'll be my mistake.
Wouldn't have a bad word to say, but I do think it will be fine.
Last pic
IMG_0334.JPG

That is the untouched switch of my 490 put on my DIY polished 650 tube. You must agree that there can be a hares breadth of difference if any?
I'm sure it'll be fine.
So would you do it or not after a couple days should I choose?
Thanks

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you very much for the praise! I just want to make clear that it is very possible the diameter of the mod to be reduced more than a hare's breadth of difference after a second refinish; you'll be able to feel it with your fingers at the connection area with the atomizer and even see it. And if you put the same switch to another v4, the disparity will be obvious and annoying not only to the eye, but also to the touch. Our fingers can easily sense variations of half a tenth of a millimetre and in many cases even more! While the common CNC standard is 1 tenth of millimetre tolerance for such devices, we are working with tighter tolerances since 2013, because the hands can feel the difference. You can send it if you choose so, although I strongly recommend you not to. You'll loose the versatility of changing switches, the atomizers might not be uniform with the mod and the overall gain will be just the seamless look of the bottom end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread