Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Looks like im waiting til at least thursday til my wire comes in. The coils I have from advanced vape are spun the wrong direction. Wasnt a problem with the Merlin Mini. But id have to bend the crap out of em to work on this. Could use the included clapton, but I believe ill wait.
Rewind them in the other direction. What wire do you have?

Vaperx

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2016
I understand what people are saying with Flav. Does seem a bit tedious trying to find the right spot. Flav wasnt crazy bad on my first build but a lot to be desired so I had time to rebuild last night.

Did a SS316 Clapton last night. Flav is much better now. I don't vape in Wattage. It's all TC for me. I do the same as my Dual Coil Engine and don't touch the bottom well. It's slightly above it.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I never had top-airflow before and it's a godsend! 24 hours has now passed and not the slightest condensation-ring or seepage or anything. Dry as can be! Ohh, in my previous post I forgot to say I was using 24g wire, though not that importat probably for you guys as I guess most use SS/TC. I'm old-school and use kanthal and power-mode and mechs before that. I haven't used my merlin since gotten this :) I don't get it, but with my merlin then no matter how much I spread the cotton-tails out and away from the airflow with a screwdriver, then the airflow still at times is affected and you can feel there's very slight fluid somewhere and impeeding airflow. This comes and goes throughout andf is really annoying to me, which was the single thing I didn't like. Needless to say this isn't happening on this design. I love the formfactor and also the driptip too me is perfect with it's size and shape. This tank fits perfectly with my all-black realeux rx2/3 in two-batery configuration without any overhang and is a great little compact config. Just simply nice.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I never had top-airflow before and it's a godsend! 24 hours has now passed and not the slightest condensation-ring or seepage or anything. Dry as can be! Ohh, in my previous post I forgot to say I was using 24g wire, though not that importat probably for you guys as I guess most use SS/TC. I'm old-school and use kanthal and power-mode and mechs before that. I haven't used my merlin since gotten this :) I don't get it, but with my merlin then no matter how much I spread the cotton-tails out and away from the airflow with a screwdriver, then the airflow still at times is affected and you can feel there's very slight fluid somewhere and impeeding airflow. This comes and goes throughout andf is really annoying to me, which was the single thing I didn't like. Needless to say this isn't happening on this design. I love the formfactor and also the driptip too me is perfect with it's size and shape. This tank fits perfectly with my all-black realeux rx2/3 in two-batery configuration without any overhang and is a great little compact config. Just simply nice.
Where did you place the coil height in relation to the posts? It seems that coil height is really important in this atty.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Where did you place the coil height in relation to the posts? It seems that coil height is really important in this atty.
I have played with all, but usually go a little high, so the coil top is just little under top of posts, but have tried variations. I don't either understand how it's even possible? I take a small screwdriver and make sure that there's no cotton touching the airflow-hole and neither touching the base the hole is in. The tails are into the cups and it can be seen that there's an empty line on both sides besides the "airflow-base". I know it's important to wick like that sometimes, like e.g. that old pbusardo video of the orchid rta, where he talks about not even letting the tails be close to anything inline with airflow. It can be felt when taking a draw. One draw is slightly more restricted than others and mid-draw you can even feel it too. Though it doesn't leak at all. Well, except regular condensation. Also tried 2mm - 3.5mm coil IDs. I still really like it, but I wish I could fix that annoyance.

Thank you anyways :)

Edit: I'm an idiot it seems, sorry :) I thought it was a question about my merlin issue. Sorry! I placed coil as close the posts as possible and at the middle where the holes naturally alligns the coil, though will play with higher and lower too-

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Mine's also out for delivery, along with the replacement Hadaly o-rings :) Two 10m spools of twisted 26 kanthal arrived yesterday, so I'm well stocked in that department [emoji106]

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Mine's also out for delivery, along with the replacement NaRDA o-rings :) Two 10m spools of twisted 26 kanthal arrived yesterday, so I'm well stocked in that department [emoji106]
Mine's out for delivery also! Several ppl getting theirs today it seems....lol :toast:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Mine's also out for delivery, along with the replacement NaRDA o-rings :) Two 10m spools of twisted 26 kanthal arrived yesterday, so I'm well stocked in that department [emoji106]
I just got a Narda.Tested it briefly and the flavor was great.I was a little worried about the airflow as I usually prefer DTL but it seemed fine.(waiting on my Pico Squeeze)

FT is playing the old shell game with My Squeeze and OBS Nano. ETA has changed three times now.Just 1 more day!! Yeah right!

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
D'oh on my part -- o-rings are for the SXK Hadaly clone :D The base o-rings are super tight, someone on FT suggested trying a 1mm width, so I have a pack of 20 coming today. The SXK Hadaly comes with a squonk pin, an excellent setup.

I do love my NaRDA (clones). I use one every night for dripping, second is emergency backup gear for travel (if a tank goes west).

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Honestly what a difference it has made switching from reg SS316 to Clapton SS316. Both coils were hitting .55Ohms and vape at 425F and the difference is night and day for some reason. Both coils right in the middle in height
What id & size of Claptons did you use?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My coil tonight,

20170222_182149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread