Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Ok another update. I am on my 5th refill of pod #1. Started with 50/50, then went to 70/30 because it was not wicking good. The silica still was not wicking good to me so I mixed up some 94/6, only VG was from the Smooth nic salt, too much PG and a little rough on the throat. Mixed it down to an 85/15 and vaping that now. I can tell that it needs a thinner juice for the silica to wick. I might take some 50/50 and add some DW to thin it and see how that works.

Did some searching on Google and can't find a lot on it out there, not sure it is going to last if it is not making it to the market. Also if I can't re-wick/rebuild the pods, not sure how long the replacement pods will be available if it is not getting sold.

Reactions: David Wolf

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Did some searching on Google and can't find a lot on it out there, not sure it is going to last if it is not making it to the market. Also if I can't re-wick/rebuild the pods, not sure how long the replacement pods will be available if it is not getting sold.

This can't be good.

boulder.png

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Ok, Quick update. You "Can" rebuild the pods, but it is a real PITA. The first one was tasting burnt today, so I decided it was time to give rebuilding it a go. I had been thanking about it and I was right, everything comes out the top. I put in a new coil wicked with KGD cotton, lots better flavor with just a few hits. I'll try it out tomorrow and see if I got enough cotton to keep it from leaking. I'll update more after a few days use. Here it is taken apart.

Rock.Pod.jpg

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Looks fiddly, but doable.
Yep it is. :facepalm: The PITA is not only taking it apart, but you have to trim the wick, then put it down into the pod, then putting the pins in and keeping the wick the right height, YEP it was a PITA. I filled it and at this point it's sitting here it is not leaking. We will see how it works tomorrow. :)

Reactions: dansus

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well it's been another week, I start the day with it every day, and use it for as long as it will last. As for life of the battery, the lowest was 5 hours (chain vaping waiting on my truck being worked on), and the longest is around 10 hours (several times). I am finding the claim of 8 hours is not really out of line as long as you are not chain vaping, which it is not designed for anyway. I just did my 4th rebuild (on the only pod I have used), gets easier the more you do it. The one with cotton did not last long, and the one I just changed really didn't need it, but I did it anyway. I am finding with the silica a 70%+ PG wicks better, lower than that and to me it does not wick good. Still up in the air on if I want to order another and some extra pods. I really like the button instead of the auto fire. Got to look around and see if there are any others out there this small that have a button, anyone know?

Reactions: David Wolf

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    There might be two versions, older and newer. Think the newer one is called the JWell INova Infinite.

:)

And.. i just bought one. 50% off, i couldnt resist. lol :D:eek::oops::p:D
    Searched a little, don't see where I can get one in the US, but I'll look further when I get some time. Thanks Again. :D

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Doesn't look like there are any North American retailers as yet, or if there are, their site hasn't been updated to reflect it.

I checked out Stinky Canuck's site and they're not carrying it either. May whip off an email to see if they ordered directly from JWell or if there's someone local that's selling them.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well after using the Rock every day since I got it (until the battery dies or the pod empties), I like it.
    No Leaks
    No Spiting
    No Juice in mouth
    Does give a nice MTL vape (tootle puffer), too tight for DTL IMO
    Not that hard to recoil (once you do it a time or two), I'm using 2.4Ω silica ones from FT, NR-R-NR (50-Pack) is $2.70
    I am getting around 7 to 8 hours (sometimes 9), so for the battery it is good for the size
    It has a button, so I don't have to worry about drawing just right to get it to fire

Just ordered another and an extra 2 pack of pods. I am still on the first pod, recoiled 4 times (I think, could be 5), and still working, so the cost of the replacements is not that bad. Only problem I see is down the road. It has not taken off so it may just die a slow death once stock runs out.

Still going to keep an eye out for others with a button, but not in a hurry, as I found one that works for me, so I'll let others do the testing on them. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I just got one of these today. Deal breaker for me is it whistles really loudly. I am intrigued by being able to rebuild the coil, but the damn whistling!
    Didn't notice that problem with the 2 I have. :confused:

@Burnie how does this compare to the myJET? Have you used a myJet?
    Sorry Steve, haven't tried a myJet :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread