High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
Just re read the Hussar advice again before and after mine arrived today. Watched @Mark Todd prior to the first build, followed his lead pretty well I thought, the tank drained out through the AFC.
Cleaned, rewicked, filled, leaked...sigh. Round 3, the same.

As soon as I open the JFC The tank empties. I double checked the top cap at the tank and the chimney and everything looked good but apparently I'm missing something pretty critical.

Now I've lost the bloody plastic gasket at the 510 as the connector was working loose when I took it off my Radius. The good folks at Vapin Art are sending me a replacement.

So the Hussar and the micro tank are safe in the box I enthusiastically opened today. I don't mind saying I feel a bit dark right now. The two hits I landed on the first tank were great and then...

Think I'll wick up the Origen and pair it with an adult beverage to drown my sorrow.

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
Has anyone here tried the envii Artisan RTA? The flavor is amazing.
envii Artisan RTA.jpg

It has a really unique postless single coil deck.

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
yoiu must have a missing o-ring bud :(
If I am, I don't know where it should go. All of the grooves are full of rubber. I have checked and double checked pics on the web. The o-rings for the top cap do tend to pull away when I wipe the atty down. The fit seems a bit loose based on most everything else I have used. Kayfuns, Origens, Viscious Ant, Bugs, etc.

I'll give it another look when the replacement arrives. Thanks!!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Has anyone here tried the envii Artisan RTA? The flavor is amazing. View attachment 637263

looks like some pretty serious juice flow and AF. Maybe not for the M2Lers?? Pretty nice device though and a reasonable price for sure :)

Reactions: Sed8op8

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
If I am, I don't know where it should go. All of the grooves are full of rubber. I have checked and double checked pics on the web. The o-rings for the top cap do tend to pull away when I wipe the atty down. The fit seems a bit loose based on most everything else I have used. Kayfuns, Origens, Viscious Ant, Bugs, etc.

I'll give it another look when the replacement arrives. Thanks!!
are you sure you arent unscrewing the chimney assembly when you turn on the JF? This would, of course, release the vacuum and cause a major flood. That's all I can think of and I know some have had problems with that. It is an issue with the design imho. Too many parts are easy to screw in the wrong direction at the wrong time.

Reactions: schismz

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Just re read the Hussar advice again before and after mine arrived today. Watched @Mark Todd prior to the first build, followed his lead pretty well I thought, the tank drained out through the AFC.
Cleaned, rewicked, filled, leaked...sigh. Round 3, the same.

As soon as I open the JFC The tank empties. I double checked the top cap at the tank and the chimney and everything looked good but apparently I'm missing something pretty critical.

Now I've lost the bloody plastic gasket at the 510 as the connector was working loose when I took it off my Radius. The good folks at Vapin Art are sending me a replacement.

So the Hussar and the micro tank are safe in the box I enthusiastically opened today. I don't mind saying I feel a bit dark right now. The two hits I landed on the first tank were great and then...

Think I'll wick up the Origen and pair it with an adult beverage to drown my sorrow.

Try switching over the bottom o-ring from the inner top cap. Switch the top ring for the bottom ring or use one from the bag of spares. You can also change over the o-ring from the base of the chimney too.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Has anyone here tried the envii Artisan RTA? The flavor is amazing. View attachment 637263

I hAve one coming as I kind of have a funny story with this RTA. My friend has one and he was telling me how I absolutely needed to get one and that it's the best thing since ....ing sliced bread. I have over 200 atomizers so when someone says that I take it with a grain of salt. Anyways I said OK show it to me he handed me his mod and im looking at it. Felt very nice and well constructed but as in handing it back to him I noticed something. He's got a freaking .85 coil in it and the wattage was dialed to 100w as I am notice this he is putting the atomizer to his mouth like he is going to vape it and I yanked his hand away from his mouth and he looks at me all wide and says wtf ! Im like dude I just saved you from the mother of all dry hits lol and he's like what do you mean I have been vaping this all day..... Upon further inspection the tank literally wicks so well that you can push crazy high wattage and voltage to high resistance coils and it just vapes instead of just shooting molten hot burnt cotton and burnt wire into your mouth. It's very strange so I said screw it went directly home and put my order in for one.

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
Try switching over the bottom o-ring from the inner top cap. Switch the top ring for the bottom ring or use one from the bag of spares. You can also change over the o-ring from the base of the chimney too.
Thanks, I'll give this a go when I get the replacement seal for the 510 connector! Really appreciate the insight and assist!

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Thanks, I'll give this a go when I get the replacement seal for the 510 connector! Really appreciate the insight and assist!

No probs, it is a peculiar atty at first, but once you get a handle of its particular requirements - it becomes very simple and easy to use. But I can relate to the frustration as most of us will have experienced some hair pulling during the learning curve. If your supplied o-rings are not the right size for the tank then it becomes all the more difficult.

I am sure it will be resolved when the retailer sends you the new parts - keep us posted :)

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
@Mark Todd & @Yonjuro that is what struck me straight away, at the price point I expected a bit tighter tolerances. The threading to the chimney is a tad quirky on both the original and the micro tanks. The finish on the micro chimney is a bit rough all about.

Tick tock on the skyline release, tick tock...anxious to give it a go if I'm fortunate enough to grab one at the next release.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It's a strange one the Hussar, if they had got the build quality to the same level as the Skyline it would have been perfect.
But, the thing is, it's vapes just f-----g awesome and edges out every other atty I've ever used, for flavor. It's perfectly imperfect.

OTOH I'm a barbarian who doesn't deserve nice things, because honestly, The Kayfun 5 on 4 dots, wide open, takes me to a very happy place that's within 5-10% of the Hussar and Skyline, and Rose v3 (all of which I use restricted DL, I don't really do MTL with any of 'em). None of them are really significantly better, than a Kayfun 5, in my opinion.

Reactions: Yonjuro

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
@Mark Todd & @Yonjuro that is what struck me straight away, at the price point I expected a bit tighter tolerances. The threading to the chimney is a tad quirky on both the original and the micro tanks. The finish on the micro chimney is a bit rough all about.

Tick tock on the skyline release, tick tock...anxious to give it a go if I'm fortunate enough to grab one at the next release.

Yep, despite it's shortcomings it is still my favourite RTA. Mark had it as his best of 2016 and it was against the Skyline so that says a lot.

I also love the Skyline, but if I could only have one - I would choose the Hussar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread