Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Very cool! It's a versatile little coil!
Howdy, @JustWondering1 ! I've been using these tanks since last SUMMER, and have only reWICKED. Haven't made a single coil yet! The original cotton in the wick is not as good as re-wicking with rayon, JMO. And that cotton is really packed in there TIGHT. The first time you remove the cotton, do it very carefully or you can distort the coil wire. If you are careful, that first time, rayon comes out much easier from there on out. I just dry burn, rinse off, rewick and AWAY I GO - Hope you love it!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Howdy, @JustWondering1 ! I've been using these tanks since last SUMMER, and have only reWICKED. Haven't made a single coil yet! The original cotton in the wick is not as good as re-wicking with rayon, JMO. And that cotton is really packed in there TIGHT. The first time you remove the cotton, do it very carefully or you can distort the coil wire. If you are careful, that first time, rayon comes out much easier from there on out. I just dry burn, rinse off, rewick and AWAY I GO - Hope you love it!

Nice to see you, Nanny! Thanks for the tips. I've got some rayon that I haven't used yet. I'll probably give it a shot when it's time to rewick.

Will the CLR coils work on the newer version, the EGO ONE Mega V2 Kit?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Nice to see you, Nanny! Thanks for the tips. I've got some rayon that I haven't used yet. I'll probably give it a shot when it's time to rewick.

Will the CLR coils work on the newer version, the EGO ONE Mega V2 Kit?
Yup

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
One thing I have been doing to alleviate fluid coming through the air passages is to place a very small amount of cotton in the bottom section prior to screwing on the coil.

I think this is a good idea and I have been doing that on the ECR's also. Every once in a while for reasons unknown just about every tank I own has let go of its juice. So I thought 'oh time to recoil and rewick', but that has not always been the case since on the one I just did 2 days ago just let go of its juice. So this time I changed the type of cotton I use. Normally, I have been using 'rayon' but had some cotton bacon I had not tried so here goes. Will see if there is any improvement......

Thanks for posting.
:)
I've added a new step to my morning refill regimen. Instead of waiting for the little mess to accumulate then cleaning out the base, I hold the base with coil pointing downward wrap a small piece of paper towel around covering (but not blocking) the back side air slot and coil head opening and blow thru the exposed air slot a couple times. Then slap it back together. Haven't seen even a hint of seepage in 2 weeks running 3 EOs daily.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

My sentiments (and protocol) PREZACTLY!!!

Long Live the Egg Roll. (With 6......)

maxresdefault.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Quick question for the CLR fans in this thread. I just loaded up my Ego One Mega with juice and put in a 1. ohm CLR coils in. I've never used the tank or coils before. I primed the wick with juice just like I do for the Aspire Nauti coils, with three drops of juice in the top hole of the coil and one drop on the wick on both sides. I have done three draws on the atty without pressing the power button.

Did I screw this up, or should I go ahead and vape it?

I haven't seen anything on how to prime these coils, and I would appreciate guidance on this.

Thank you in advance!

J.W.

Thanks Katya! It's working great, giving me good flavor and all the vapor I need. This is a great little set up! As soon as this coil needs a refresher, I'll be rebuilding it!

yepper, don't be afraid to get the coil wet, first off from dry, remove cap and lay a bead of juice across the wick/wire (replace cap) :)

think you are putting yourself behind the 8-ball by using the stock cotton wick :eek:
you'll see what I mean as soon as you put your first rayon wick in !
be sure cotton is wet and used then GENTLY twist it out/dry burn/ install rayon - Vape Face Off (being careful not to disrupt wire)

:vapor:

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
@Dieseler,
I recently got a Rcomen Pico-s tank that came with an adapter to use CLR coils.
It is a top fill tank. The problem I have with it so far is my first setup dumped the juice instantly. I tweaked the tank by changing the bottom o-ring for a better seal and made sure the o-ring was under the drip tip (which I had forgotten). I filled the tank 3/4 and managed to vape it almost dry. The tank vaped very well and I really liked it.

I filled it full and managed to vape about a quarter tank before all the juice dumped over my pico mod and my hand. Spent the rest of the evening dis-assembling the Pico and cleaning juice from the mod. I have since parked the Rcomen Pico-s for now.

The idea of a top fill clearomizer I like.. but I can see that it is very sensitive to keeping a vacuum, such as making sure the air flow is closed before filling and hurry to close up the tank when filled. I'll play with it again but mount it on a mechanical mod which will be easier to clean-up.

Btw I still really like my genies, it just that the Clrs give such a good consistent vape I am stuck on them for now... :)

Here is the Rcomen Pico-s I have which I will eventually get working..
$18.63 Authentic Rcomen Pico-s RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3ml / 316 stainles steel + PEI at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
@Dieseler,
I recently got a Rcomen Pico-s tank that came with an adapter to use CLR coils.
It is a top fill tank. The problem I have with it so far is my first setup dumped the juice instantly. I tweaked the tank by changing the bottom o-ring for a better seal and made sure the o-ring was under the drip tip (which I had forgotten). I filled the tank 3/4 and managed to vape it almost dry. The tank vaped very well and I really liked it.

I filled it full and managed to vape about a quarter tank before all the juice dumped over my pico mod and my hand. Spent the rest of the evening dis-assembling the Pico and cleaning juice from the mod. I have since parked the Rcomen Pico-s for now.

The idea of a top fill clearomizer I like.. but I can see that it is very sensitive to keeping a vacuum, such as making sure the air flow is closed before filling and hurry to close up the tank when filled. I'll play with it again but mount it on a mechanical mod which will be easier to clean-up.

Btw I still really like my genies, it just that the Clrs give such a good consistent vape I am stuck on them for now... :)

Here is the Rcomen Pico-s I have which I will eventually get working..
$18.63 Authentic Rcomen Pico-s RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3ml / 316 stainles steel + PEI at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I have just popped in as I have the authentic and the one above from FT. The authentic is absolutely perfect but the clone needs an o ring inside the clr adapter as well as the one under the drip tip (same size). I think it provides an additional seal for the top part of the clr coil when assembled (where the cap of the clr coil has been removed). I completely replaced these on mine and the size needed is 8.5 or 9mm od and 1.5mm thickness. My clone does have an annoyingly loose air control ring so I do need to make sure it is fully closed when filling. I also turn upside down after filling, open the airflow control and leave for 10 seconds or so before turning the right way up. I think they are fantastic little tanks!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've also only needed to re-wick so far, and us Cotton Club folks are quite happy with the pursuing results too. ;-)

Rayon makes me feel like I'm vaping those old double-knit pants that my mother used to buy for me in 5th grade (or whenever the heck that was). I've almost forgiven her...

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
I've been lurking since everyone moved over here from the air head fan club. Of course I had to try this little tank. It's fast becoming one of my favorites. I love being able to just re-wick when needed and keep on trucking. I've not replaced a coil yet. Right now I'm liking the .50 coil around 28w; it's very satisfying! I just bought me three more V2 to stock up. That armor tank is interesting though!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have yet to have an ego one leak or seep. I have yet to get a dry hit, or flooding. Great tank, and now I'm trying the Armor, and so far so good with that, but it's basically an ego one that's got a different look. I gave up completely on top fill tanks. All I've used at some point, dumped juice, and leaked. I like keeping it simple, and not having juice on my hands, and pv.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I gave up completely on top fill tanks. All I've used at some point, dumped juice, and leaked. I like keeping it simple, and not having juice on my hands, and pv.
Amen!

Last edited:

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I've been lurking since everyone moved over here from the air head fan club. Of course I had to try this little tank. It's fast becoming one of my favorites. I love being able to just re-wick when needed and keep on trucking. I've not replaced a coil yet. Right now I'm liking the .50 coil around 28w; it's very satisfying! I just bought me three more V2 to stock up. That armor tank is interesting though!
Good to see you, @Chemtx - I thought you had been here before! I still have quite a few GS Airs, just haven't been using them as much. I am enjoying not worrying about buying coils or figuring out how to rebuild the GS Air line. I hope to work on it one day, but right now, the Ego Ones are just too easy and I guess I am just too LAZY. Hope you will hang out with us here, in this thread too!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Dieseler- That sounds feasible but doing it hand may be an issue. I think the bit will dance prior to starting the hole and destroy the finish. Best to find a friend with a drill press to keep it clean and precise. Keep us posted please. While we are speaking of tinkering with the Mega V2's- I am fairly new to the Ego one tanks and still trying to find the right diameter of coil and correct wicking for a leak proof system. (not sure it's possible) One thing I have been doing to alleviate fluid coming through the air passages is to place a very small amount of cotton in the bottom section prior to screwing on the coil. Very small pieces do not seem to hamper the air flow and it sure sucks up the extra fluid. So far this is keeping my hand/fingers dry. :) Just make sure you don't cover the positive post and your good.

pufZeppelin - sounds like you have been there done that- scratch that idea- THX

One thing I have been doing to alleviate fluid coming through the air passages is to place a very small amount of cotton in the bottom section prior to screwing on the coil.

I think this is a good idea and I have been doing that on the ECR's also. Every once in a while for reasons unknown just about every tank I own has let go of its juice. So I thought 'oh time to recoil and rewick', but that has not always been the case since on the one I just did 2 days ago just let go of its juice. So this time I changed the type of cotton I use. Normally, I have been using 'rayon' but had some cotton bacon I had not tried so here goes. Will see if there is any improvement......

Thanks for posting.
:)
With which tank are you two having to do all this? I hope not the ego one!

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
Good to see you, @Chemtx - I thought you had been here before! I still have quite a few GS Airs, just haven't been using them as much. I am enjoying not worrying about buying coils or figuring out how to rebuild the GS Air line. I hope to work on it one day, but right now, the Ego Ones are just too easy and I guess I am just too LAZY. Hope you will hang out with us here, in this thread too!

Thanks Nanny,

Re-building those air coils seemed daunting. These CLR coils I think I can do. My coil building portfolio is limited to be sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread