What kind of gear do you think we should create next or in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos77

Moved On
Aug 9, 2011
romania
19-22mm Chalice.

I am aware of the Charm.

It's not a Chalice.

Now, this is a discussion...
We hawe been asked to build a new chalice but with diameters from 16 mm to 22mm[emoji848]

Think that's because of the types the skonker ... everyone is using.

Let's try to figure this out together
Pro & Cons

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
I know that[emoji23], just thinking how strong the contacts will be

all depends on what your imagining the design to be :p

ill assure you there are no "click in" or finger posts. ;)

i wish i knew how to use autocad or whatever else designing programs, id make and send some blueprints to someone with machining capabilities to produce a prototype.

Reactions: dragos77

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
We hawe been asked to build a new chalice but with diameters from 16 mm to 22mm[emoji848]

Pro & Cons
Only improvement I would suggest to the Chalice III would be the wire contacts. The trap nuts will spit out larger wire. I think with an increased diameter (no added height, please) there would be enough room to upgrade to through hole wire design with velocity style posts. The screw down cap is a great design with the top airflow. I almost agree with 16-22mm diameter increase. Chalice being 14mm, 16mm may not be quite enough added real estate. I'd think 19mm would accommodate most larger builds and allow for single micro coils, too. We're not looking for cloud comp performance, but rather larger builds for increased flavor production, which the chalice does splendidly!

dragos77

Moved On
Aug 9, 2011
romania
Only improvement I would suggest to the Chalice III would be the wire contacts. The trap nuts will spit out larger wire. I think with an increased diameter (no added height, please) there would be enough room to upgrade to through hole wire design with velocity style posts. The screw down cap is a great design with the top airflow. I almost agree with 16-22mm diameter increase. Chalice being 14mm, 16mm may not be quite enough added real estate. I'd think 19mm would accommodate most larger builds and allow for single micro coils, too. We're not looking for cloud comp performance, but rather larger builds for increased flavor production, which the chalice does splendidly!

You are wright! Larger diameter allows us to add some new features!

Thinking loud now... screw down cap it is a must?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
You are wright! Larger diameter allows us to add some new features!

Thinking loud now... screw down cap it is a must?
Absolutely! I pocket my bottomfeeder, and if I grab the top of my RDA to pull it out, the threaded cap doesn't pop off from loose o-rings and such.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
We still believe that the best ideas are coming from the users so, we will add a prize here.
We will offer for free one product when ready for the best idea.

i have an idea i have been toying with,, parts should be here later today in vape mail. if all goes well, pictures on Sunday

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
SO, OK - what would I love to see from MB?

A kind of "simplified Charm".
Optimized for bottom feeding. Most people, I think, who are squonking the Charm, are closing off the bottom airflow. It is, by all accounts an amazingly versatile atty, with great flavor. It's just really BIG for me, and a bit complex for what I want... As noted above, a few things of value specifically to a bottom feeder include:

- leakproof airflow. I love some from the top, some "high on the side"...haven't been knocked out yet with channelled bottom air on a bottom-feeding atty...

- Coil location down by the deck. We need to wick a lot of juice, but don't want to pump 4 mls into the atty to do it. When it's low, I can more easily soak my wick/coil.

- No deep reservoir - we want excess liquid to drain back out. Otherwise it gets "cooked"...

- Nice big squonk hole. Big fat pin with a big fat hole in it.

- AFC that works from MTL to DL, and nice if it also can close off for transport, if it's fairly resistant to condensate becoming a leak, and if it's adjustable without fuss, but not so loose as to lose it's place.

There ya go!!

Hey
I just stumbled in here. Train's thoughts mirror mine fairly close. I have two Charms which are the only MBs gear i've owned. I'm only squonking now but i do use the bottom air flow, sometimes with the top closed off and sometimes open (different NETs taste better one way or the other.) Having both options for air flow is wonderful.

Pro & Cons

A smaller atty would be very appealing. I'm using either Custom Classic mods or the Pinch and the height of the Charm is a little disproportional.

I'm very curious to see what you come up with. The Charm is a wonderfully built and performing piece.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA

Pro & Cons
Name it Goblet (synonym for Chalice). I call dibs on beta! Please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread