hi.. im new here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

niwra

Feb 24, 2017
hi guys.. im new here.. and new in vaping world.. i want to quit smoking and i bought an istick pico with melo 3 mini RDTA..(clone.. cause i dont have that money to buy an authentic one.. :p) anyways im from philippines..

about a week ago.. my pico got a short circuit.. i duuno why.. my tank dont have leaks, and i shut it off.. i really dont know what happen.. i cant use it now..

can i ask?? can i use a mech mod on my melo 3 mini subohm tank??? is it safe???
thanks for advance answer..

hope you can help me.. :)

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
What makes any mod safe or unsafe to use is the users knowledge of the device, ohms law and the batteries they use. This is especially true with mechanical mods as there is no circuit protection for the battery and if handled improperly the battery can vent or go into thermal runaway. A short in a battery on a mechanical mod and you could be looking at quite a bit of damage, possibly to yourself. For this reason mechanical mods are meant to be used by more experienced vapers and I dont recommend them to anyone just starting out.

niwra

Feb 24, 2017
What makes any mod safe or unsafe to use is the users knowledge of the device, ohms law and the batteries they use. This is especially true with mechanical mods as there is no circuit protection for the battery and if handled improperly the battery can vent or go into thermal runaway. A short in a battery on a mechanical mod and you could be looking at quite a bit of damage, possibly to yourself. For this reason mechanical mods are meant to be used by more experienced vapers and I dont recommend them to anyone just starting out.

thanks a lot... if i use c limitless or vgod (clone).. is that ok??? thats safe right?? right now i cant afford to buy expensive vape.. so i rely on clones.. here in ph.. the authentic istick pico 75w worth 5 to 6k or a $100 too $120.. so expensive... hahaha...

btw.. thanks for the advice sir.. :)

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
thanks a lot... if i use c limitless or vgod (clone).. is that ok??? thats safe right?? right now i cant afford to buy expensive vape.. so i rely on clones.. here in ph.. the authentic istick pico 75w worth 5 to 6k or a $100 too $120.. so expensive... hahaha...

Welcome to ECF.

I hate mech mods but thats me.

Here are thoughts to consider.

1. If you decide to go mech make darn sure it isnt a faux hybrid. These don't have a 510 PIN. There are 510 threads and the Atty sits on top of the the battery. If the 510 of the Atty doesnt extend a millimeter past tge collar yoy could have a dead short and the battery goes BOOM;

2. Get good quality batteries. Sony, Samsung, or LG.

3. Learn battery safety and ohms law.

4. Never try to pull 40 amps out of a 20 amp battery. You determine the amps by the resistance of the coil so don't build stupid low. The lowest build i would go on a mech is .25-.3 ohms. This will pull about 18 amps out of a 20 amp battery.

5. NEVER EVER buy Efest batteries. Efest are rewrapped seconds and they list tge Pulse rating as the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating). Yes you can pull more than 20 amps for a few seconds but mustreat your battery and it will go BOOM and yoy could be hurt.

Don't become another statistic.

niwra

Feb 24, 2017
Welcome to ECF.

I hate mech mods but thats me.

Here are thoughts to consider.

1. If you decide to go mech make darn sure it isnt a faux hybrid. These don't have a 510 PIN. There are 510 threads and the Atty sits on top of the the battery. If the 510 of the Atty doesnt extend a millimeter past tge collar yoy could have a dead short and the battery goes BOOM;

2. Get good quality batteries. Sony, Samsung, or LG.

3. Learn battery safety and ohms law.

4. Never try to pull 40 amps out of a 20 amp battery. You determine the amps by the resistance of the coil so don't build stupid low. The lowest build i would go on a mech is .25-.3 ohms. This will pull about 18 amps out of a 20 amp battery.

5. NEVER EVER buy Efest batteries. Efest are rewrapped seconds and they list tge Pulse rating as the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating). Yes you can pull more than 20 amps for a few seconds but mustreat your battery and it will go BOOM and yoy could be hurt.

Don't become another statistic.

thanks for the advice sir... i will keep that all in mind.. i'll appreciate the help.. thanks..

ill go explore the forums to learn more about vapes... :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
thanks for the advice sir... i will keep that all in mind.. i'll appreciate the help.. thanks..

ill go explore the forums to learn more about vapes... :)
You're certainly welcome. I just don't like to see people get hurt by unknowingly turning their mod into a pipe bomb.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015

Do you mean the Limitless tank and vgod tank? If so they should be fine on many different mods. For now I would recommend getting something basic and simple in the way of a regulated mod. Maybe an iStick 40W or something similar with a built in battery.

I know you mentioned price being an issue but I still recommend having at least 2 mods just in case there is a problem with one, and at the very least its nice to have a backup for while the other one is charging.

There is also the option of getting one regulated mod that has replaceable batteries(the Pico is a good one) but then you will need to buy proper authentic batteries and a good stand alone charger.

Im glad you are concerned with safety for your setup and I recommend reading up on the following blogs to help you understand batteries, mods, ohms law and safety a little better:

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Do you mean the Limitless tank and vgod tank? If so they should be fine on many different mods. For now I would recommend getting something basic and simple in the way of a regulated mod. Maybe an iStick 40W or something similar with a built in battery.

I know you mentioned price being an issue but I still recommend having at least 2 mods just in case there is a problem with one, and at the very least its nice to have a backup for while the other one is charging.

There is also the option of getting one regulated mod that has replaceable batteries(the Pico is a good one) but then you will need to buy proper authentic batteries and a good stand alone charger.

Im glad you are concerned with safety for your setup and I recommend reading up on the following blogs to help you understand batteries, mods, ohms law and safety a little better:

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

I woukd like to know that too. I got two Pico's about two weeks after they were introduced. Mine are working like a champ

niwra

Feb 24, 2017
i dont really have that money to buy a good one.. haha..
im dont have a work either.. hihi.. cant find a online job :-(

so i rely on my savings..

are this mech mod safe??? the one in the picture..
thanks for the replies...

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 11

niwra

Feb 24, 2017
I had one just like it. Was a rather nice, dependable mech. Just make sure you vape safely and build your coils so they don't stress your battery. And, of course, you're using top notch batteries, too. Right?

im just going to buy it.. and battries too.. haha.. thanks for the reply sir.. ill find more mechs and post it here so i can choose what mech should i use..

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi guys.. im new here.. and new in vaping world.. i want to quit smoking and i bought an istick pico with melo 3 mini RDTA..(clone.. cause i dont have that money to buy an authentic one.. :p) anyways im from philippines..
about a week ago.. my pico got a short circuit.. i duuno why.. my tank dont have leaks, and i shut it off.. i really dont know what happen.. i cant use it now..
can i ask?? can i use a mech mod on my melo 3 mini subohm tank??? is it safe???
thanks for advance answer..
hope you can help me.. :)
Welcome and glad you joined. Being new, you could check out:
2. Don’t Become Obsessed with the Idea of Sub-Ohming
Re: 6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
Might like to read:
vapetown
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
i dont really have that money to buy a good one.. haha..
im dont have a work either.. hihi.. cant find a online job :-(

so i rely on my savings..

are this mech mod safe??? the one in the picture..
thanks for the replies...
I had the original authentic origen mech a few years ago, great mod. I wanted some different colored caps, so I purchased the clone you are showing and there is no way I would vape it. I didn't buy it to vape, but did try it, just to see and it was pretty bad. The firing mechanism was awful and stuck and if you don't lock it properly before setting it down, you can really have problems. Be careful my friend

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
another question.. haha...

is this telescope mod safe??? what build should i use here??
(in the picture) thanks a lot.. :)

Hi Nirwa & welcome
I'm not sure you are understanding what the folks here are trying to tell you. The danger comes from pulling to much current from your battery too quickly. How much current you can safely pull from a battery depends on the battery itself and what it is rated for. In the PH you are most likely going to end up buying a non-original battery which will not be able to handle much power drain and you can not trust what is written on the battery itself.
If you can determine what the safe limit of the battery is then using Ohms Law of electricity you can then calculate what the safe minimum resistance is for what you want to build. After knowing that you can then use a web based coil calculator to figure out, for the size & type of wire you want to use, the inner diameter and number of wraps that will give you that resistance.
Once you build that coil it should be tested to ensure you built it correctly and its resistance is correct. That means you need an ohm meter to do it properly.

The best advice I can give you is to not buy a mech mod but rather to save your money and buy something with protection circuits built in. Better you keep smoking cigarettes than vape with something not safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread