Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
This is as dressed up as it gets for me. I have always been about function over appearance. The time and effort many of you put into the appearance of your setups earns my respect. I could never do it.

My everyday go-to mod was an older beat up VaporShark rDNA 40, but I dropped it and the magnet fell out. When I put it back in, I did it backwards and now the battery door won't stay on :( I did pull the trigger on a really cheap ($47 shipped) Lavabox dna 75 this morning.
View attachment 637199

That Hana Mods looks Nice medic, I've always liked the rounded corners on it, more so since I got my HohmTech G2 LE, the G2 tends to eat you're hands a bit. Can't you pull out that backwards magnet and re-glue it back in ? The mod looks too good to abandon just for that. I don't dress up my Vape setups much at all, if I did, I'd just turn around and drop it on the floor for some reason.;)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yes, that is it. They had the Lavabox DNA 200 for the same price a few days ago. That sale was limited to 300 units. It was over in about 12 hours.

12 hours, I'm surprised it lasted that long.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
Don`t anyone regret missing out on any deal with the Lavabox 250 - it didn`t happen due to being a mistaken listing.

[Don't Be Miss Such A Big Discount] $39.99 LAVABOX M DNA 75

It seemed too good to be true at that price - people would have just got them for the chipsets alone and dumped the boxes ;)

(The site was a mess at the time, unable to check out with the discount and then went to 0% reduction after they realised - the original post here is deleted)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm supposed to be getting Vapemail tomorrow, but a Blizzard is moving in tonight. What are the chances ??:nah::facepalm:
[emoji22] BOO on the blizzard. Good luck, Five-Two!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
That Hana Mods looks Nice medic, I've always liked the rounded corners on it, more so since I got my HohmTech G2 LE, the G2 tends to eat you're hands a bit. Can't you pull out that backwards magnet and re-glue it back in ? The Mod looks too good to abandon just for that. I don't dress up my Vape setups much at all, if I did, I'd just turn around and drop it on the floor for some reason.;)

I have tried to get the magnet out. It won't move. This is on my VS rDNA. It was my mod of choice. Other than the typical VS rubberized finish issues, it has been a great little mod that I could rely on for everyday use and abuse. I wish I could find another one somewhere because taking it out of service is like dumping an old reliable and faithful friend.

The HANA in the picture is my back-up mod. I never liked using it. The small fire button is very uncomfortable and you need to carry a screwdriver with you to change out the battery when it gets low. It may look nice, but it is not a user friendly design.

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
So much for any kind of vaping self control, I also just popped the Lavabox into my basket - not bad for just under £40 delivered.

I hope those bottom edges aren`t sharp :)

PBusardo reported that there is a small bevel to the edges, but they may still feel a bit sharp for people with bigger hands.

As for the price on this, it is likely about as good as it will get. None of the DNA devices ever seem to drop much below this price, even when retailers are clearing out their obsolete stock.

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
Thanks medic, I didn`t check any reviews out before buying - I was thinking the stocks might clear quickly at that price so bought quickly.

(I think there was less than ~20 left when I bought - unless there is a fixed and hidden limit for individual buyers)

I had to sand down my SXMini lower edges as they used to cut into my fingers, especially if holding the device for extended periods, which I do.

Edit: Haha, I just watched it and he said the lower edges are a bit sharp ...doh !

Last edited:

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
Edit: Haha, I just watched it and he said the lower edges are a bit sharp ...doh !

It must have been another reviewer that stated it may feel sharp depending on where it sits in your hand. All of the reviews seem to run together after a while. We'll see when it shows up.

For the people who like aesthetics, it should look awesome with a black siren sitting on top of it.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    TOeGBdb.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    So much for any kind of vaping self control, I also just popped the Lavabox into my basket - not bad for just under £40 delivered.

(at 26.6mm it might be OK for a 25 Siren TBC)

If the edges are too sharp, you could fix it with a jwrap, I bet. I saw the Busardo review of the Lavabox and decided to see if Jwraps carries the Lavabox M wraps and they do.

Fad

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2011
    England
    Thanks Nailz - it was the front I was worried about re: overhang

So the 25s won`t fit after all....
    damn, it`s silly they made it 26mm+ but didn`t take the front into consideration too, they certainly aren`t alone doing that though !

I`ll keep the wrap idea in mind after it arrives :thumbs:
    being quite light, it might be OK - the SXMini was heavy and had sharp edges around the bottom and really was a nuisance.

I`m not using the SX now due to the infernal battery cap but that`s another story :sleep:

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran

(at 26.6mm it might be OK for a 25 Siren TBC)

Self Control :confused:?? What is that, Fad ?? I thought I had all kinds of it, till I started vaping. :facepalm:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Self Control :confused:?? What is that, Fad ?? I thought I had all kinds of it, till I started vaping. :facepalm:
    I think you've got plenty of it, 52. Haven't you bought a bunch of stuff that you wanted? That requires self control. [emoji6]

Perspective counts.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I think you've got plenty of it, 52. Haven't you bought a bunch of stuff that you wanted? That requires self control. [emoji6]

Perspective counts.

:thumb: :lol::lol::lol: :oops: :blush: From my perspective I'm doing alright, from my Wife's perspective (she has never smoked in the 45 years we have been together) though...........

Last edited:

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2013
    Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
    10-15 seconds.

15 minutes - I`ve had tanks emptied, disassembled, ultrasonically cleaned, shaken dry, reassembled, rebuilt and in use again ! :w00t:
    ~
    The Skar arrived and the 25 is sitting on top looking in good form - size & ratio wise.

I also drilled out the bore on the short Siren plastic drip tips, I noticed they were getting liquid build up at the top opening occasionally - widening the aperture seems to have helped. (chain vaper here, which is likely the cause)

That was my fun weekend.

PS. What drip tips are everyone using on the Sirens ? Stock or 3rd party ?

The choice is a bit limited as the little mini chimney on the top cap is 10mm.

Well, since you asked...

Skar.jpg

A 5mm ID Teflon FT special. :)

Attachments

• Skar.jpg
      Skar.jpg
      455.9 KB · Views: 26
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread