Juices are too sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
After 3 1/2 years of vaping, it seems that my taste buds have changed. I'm even vaping unflavored and it tastes sweet. I've seen a concentrate named bitter wizard, will this help? Any suggestions on how to make them less sweet? Note: i vape 30pg/70vg at 3 mg nic. I'm about to try diy any ideas on less sweet juices?

Reactions: Nameless_1

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
After 3 1/2 years of vaping, it seems that my taste buds have changed. I'm even vaping unflavored and it tastes sweet. I've seen a concentrate named bitter wizard, will this help? Any suggestions on how to make them less sweet? Note: i vape 30pg/70vg at 3 mg nic. I'm about to try diy any ideas on less sweet juices?
My everyday vaping is in the signiture area below. At best I could only tolerate pre mix. I discovered the reason with DIY. I can dilute pre mix 75% and usually it tastes better than full strength. These days I mix one all-in-one flavor once a month and use just 1 ml per 100 ml of liquid and it's just fine (thank you very much). The flavor is subtle enough i never tire of it. Coils barely gunk at all. a 120 ml bottle of said flavoring (cupacino by capella, $14, no added sweetner according to the company) will last me 4 years. I favor two things to get started with DIY. Dilute pre mix you already like. That will build confidence. Then test all-in-1 flavors and start with very small percentages. Don't try to be chef vape unless nothing else works. I enjoy vaping a lot but I'm not a flavor chaser or a cloud chaser.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've used Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and heard or others using Lemon Juice. Used sparingly will soften sweetness and also highlight other flavors in the mix. Start low, you can ruin a mix by going to far, .05 to 1% should be a good starting point, move up slowly from there if needed.

You can also raise he PG level if you want to try that route, VG is inherently sweet. All my mixes are 50/50.

Reactions: cigatron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Its the sweeteners or better said over sweetness that come with commercial juices to appeal to newer vapers. Once you've established your nitch in your vaping you'll find that unquenchable thirst that comes in hard and strong. I never knew how bad it was until I began to make my own juices and not using sweetener and that thirst went away, went from gallons of water a day to glasses and vape happily. Vaping only tobacco also is the way I avoid the sweet concentrates but still have a couple sweeter flavors on hand, my wife's 3/4% cotton candy juice is too sweet for me to vape regularly. If you do DIY and ditch the vendor juices you will realize mighty fast how your vape will improve, give you a easy access to lowering your nic as you want and able to sleep all night cause your not pizzing every hour.

Reactions: dennism

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I'm really tired of the overly sweet juices, I need to dive back into DiY again and get serious about it. VG is naturally sweet and the added sucrose that is so common in commercial juices isn't needed. All it does is make you thirsty and trash's your coils.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Maybe you could try some of those flavors like tart and sour or something. I've never used those, so I don't know.

I enjoyed mixing up some dill pickle eliquid several years ago. I liked it. Left it in the Protank for a long time as I went to something else, and I never could get the Protank apart after that, not with hot water, cold water, freezing, pliers, WD40, etc. LOL I've heard some people like pizza flavor.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I agree with others here, juices from almost every manufacturer are going sweeter and sweeter. Coil gunking sweetness to better attract peeps to vaping and to sell more coil heads. A win-win for vape shops.
I started diy by using stronger flavored premium juices with low sweetner levels as flavoring for my 70vg 3nic base. I mix those with my base at anywhere between 10-40% depending on the flavor intensity. Then I moved on to diy NETs. I still haven't taken the final step to chefing ejuice; just don't have to time or patience for it.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I agree with others here, juices from almost every manufacturer are going sweeter and sweeter. Coil gunking sweetness to better attract peeps to vaping and to sell more coil heads. A win-win for vape shops.
I started diy by using stronger flavored premium juices with low sweetner levels as flavoring for my 70vg 3nic base. I mix those with my base at anywhere between 10-40% depending on the flavor intensity. Then I moved on to diy NETs. I still haven't taken the final step to chefing ejuice; just don't have to time or patience for it.

I both DIY and buy juices, but I always dilute premium juices 50%. Half flavour is still plenty strong for me.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I placed an order yesterday for bases and concentrates. Time to stick my toe into the diy pool, mostly to avoid the sweet stuff. I even ordered some bitter wizard.
Congrats. Be sure to try to read as much and watch as many videos as possible before starting. It will save you time, money and frustration. Research the specific flavors you purchased to see what percentages are recommended for that flavor. (they are not the same across the board, or even the brand) Let us know how it works for you.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
Congrats. Be sure to try to read as much and watch as many videos as possible before starting. It will save you time, money and frustration. Research the specific flavors you purchased to see what percentages are recommended for that flavor. (they are not the same across the board, or even the brand) Let us know how it works for you.
I'm going to mix by volume with just using one flavor and see how it goes. Any suggestions?

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I'm going to mix by volume with just using one flavor and see how it goes. Any suggestions?
Depends on what you're looking for... You said you wanted something that isn't sweet? Not sure if I can recommend anything for that. I like a little sweetness. Maybe a Lemonade? FW Natural Lemonade is good if you're into that.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
Depends on what you're looking for... You said you wanted something that isn't sweet? Not sure if I can recommend anything for that. I like a little sweetness. Maybe a Lemonade? FW Natural Lemonade is good if you're into that.
I'm looking for tobacco flavors, mostly pipe tobacco, with an occasional semi sweet juice.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I have heard good things about Rocket Fuel tobacco flavors. I ordered a couple to try them out and am hoping they arrive Monday. I saw they have a pipe tobacco flavor - spinfuel did an extensive review that you could easily find in a Google search.
I checked them out, but to be honest their prices are too high for my wallet.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
@dennism I use the Liquid Barn Sweet Pipe Tobacco flavor which even though I was never a pipe smoker find very pleasant. The Tobacco flavor itself is also good with a hint of Clove and Berries. If you find you are interested in trying them there are coupon codes and specials which will take care of the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread